• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hid Kits

Terabite

Hey yall,

i have a friend who is looking to import some HID kits to resell, what i heard was that it was some chinese stuff. with "A" Grage certification. just wanted to get you guys opinion on it.. how does the market look for HID..

thanks

Hey yall,

i have a friend who is looking to import some HID kits to resell, what i heard was that it was some chinese stuff. with "A" Grage certification. just wanted to get you guys opinion on it.. how does the market look for HID..

thanks

quite painfully it's pretty good IMO... saw a few non-hid light housings converted to HID's and man they do throw light all over the place...

most probably the focal point of the HID bulb and the standard halogen bulb is not the same and this puts the reflector off it's mark...

anyways...On topic... i'm sure if it's reasonable priced lotsa folks will go for it :)

HID's, if used in regular housings designed for conventional bulbs, will scatter and not project ... thereby causing annoying glare for oncoming drivers. Yeah, they'll be bright, but that's about it. People have been grafting in HID projector housings from upmarket/optioned vehicles (BMW's/Infinity/etc.) and have done some pretty interesting mods. (I plan to in the future, but that's last on my list) ... either way, price and most def. quality/durability will drive the demand on mods such as this.

quite painfully it's pretty good IMO... saw a few non-hid light housings converted to HID's and man they do throw light all over the place...

most probably the focal point of the HID bulb and the standard halogen bulb is not the same and this puts the reflector off it's mark...

anyways...On topic... i'm sure if it's reasonable priced lotsa folks will go for it :)

As ripper says, yes Most of the time HIDs good for low beams. since HID bulb doesn't have any physical filament, it does not provide adequate focus in HI Beam mode. yes if the price and the quality is good (Ballast and Wires) there's a chance. :rolleyes:

thanks, guys.. any way.. any price point for 6000K temp lights with 1 year warranty, any way like mentioned, we need to have proper HID housing, but i guess most of the guys will look for the brightness in a HID than the focus of the light..

thanks, guys.. any way.. any price point for 6000K temp lights with 1 year warranty, any way like mentioned, we need to have proper HID housing, but i guess most of the guys will look for the brightness in a HID than the focus of the light..

i've seen some chineses stuff on ebay for like $20+... thinking of upgrading my bike lighting and hooking up one of these for low beam...

The spread effect and extra lighting power will come in handy trail riding at nights :P

I've no idea about present local pricing for these kits though... i'd assume it to be like 15k or summin...

maybe somebody else can clarify