• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle Gas Emission Test Compulsory From 15th July

GihanFX

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well...after yesterday... i'm sure lotsa "anti-emissions standards" folks would've had a change of heart :)

If i'm not wrong...almost all the cars that were tested passed with flying color...

These guys have invested lotsa money into these things and i doubt they will risk all that for a couple of thousand bucks from a bus bugger or summin...

Ha on Devinda's Z! What about mine?! One of the cleanest cars that were tested there :D I think. :D Though Dev is getting a cleaner burn at the high rev point.

Like someone was saying there, this is the dawn of a new age of motoring in Sri Lanka. Instead of comparing horsepower, we are comparing emissions. :D Well, at least it can be maesured, unlike hp, which is guess work coz we don't have a dyno. :D

I'm one of those skeptics...so i guess i'll have to eat my words at this point.

Seeing as how they are integrating this with the RMV, and preventing bogus certifications, i can see this is a real effort to make things work.

However, as i said earlier, one protest from the trishaw/motorcycles/bus drivers and the govt. will remove them from the list of required vehicles.

As mentioned on the other thread, i'm very impressed with the Drive Green business model- and i will definitely give them kudos in conversation with anyone else.

Irony of this is that the first set of "Green" cars on the city streets are of the high performance categories! That bumper sticker will probably add to the 'trend' :)

Edited by gunat

I think everyone there passed the test. Guess this is a good move by whomever

Here are my results;

HC PPM VOL High idle - 175 Low idel - 361 (limiit 1200) Passed

CO% VOL High idle - 175 Low idel - 361 (limiit 4.500) Passed

CO2% VOL High idle - 14.14 Low idle - 14.45

O2% VOL High idle - 0.820 Low idle - 0.640

Lanmbda High idle - 1.018 Low idle - 1.012

Could someone with more knowledge in the subject explain the results ???

Here are my results;

You've messed up the CO% figures.

Here are my results;

I"m also readin up the www to find out how to decode these figures...

so far what i found out was that if your HC level is high...it means there's still unburnt fuel in the exhaust. this obviously can be due to multitude of reasons that many AL folks are aware so won't go there again :)

If you have too much of O2 that means most probably the motor is running lean... not enough fuel to burn

I"m also readin up the www to find out how to decode these figures...

so far what i found out was that if your HC level is high...it means there's still unburnt fuel in the exhaust.

Ripper > Good research machan, this will help most of us to understand our fuel consumption issues. :action-smiley-033:

Here are my results;

HC PPM VOL High idle - 175 Low idel - 361 (limit 1200) Passed

CO% VOL High idle - 0.554 Low idel - 0.359 (limit 4.500) Passed

Oops sorry guys... Cut & paste job gone wrong. Thanks for pointing it Peri

heh heh... guess the next gen car adverts will have their emission "achievements" as well :)

My buddies v35 had shockingly low results... he had like some 7 and 9 :unsure:

Dev was so thrilled the bugger phoned me up to mock the non-performance toyota being way worse than him :P

How was yours Peri... the numbers i mean? I'm a bit on the high side so taking it to toyota for a tune up cos at low revvs the fella is putting out too much of hydrocarbons..unburnt fuel i guess.... still passed the test though :lol:

Spoke to Spencer and he said a few buses have failed the test so far :jumping-smiley-013:

on HP... i think they just add things up like ok...we're getting ground wires and that's like +7 hp ther...straight through is another xxHp etc etc and they get the grand total :lol:

Missed this post. Mine were not bad. About par with Devinda's.

You think the V35 was good? That guy told me a new Merc had come and shown 0's right across! I had to point out that mine is more than 10 years old, so I don't mind not being as clean as a brand new Merc.

Missed this post. Mine were not bad. About par with Devinda's.

You think the V35 was good? That guy told me a new Merc had come and shown 0's right across! I had to point out that mine is more than 10 years old, so I don't mind not being as clean as a brand new Merc.

the v35 hasn't done a tune up for a while... so there's a chance it might do even better after that :)

guess all the newer cars are doing darn well with these tests...if only rhe government wakes up to reality and find a way to lower the import taxes on newer vehicles :)

btw...mine too wasn't that bad for a bloody old car... not to mention the fact that the O2 sensors and the CAT probably was not working and also due to this the ECU not adjusting fuel properly... gonna fix both those asap and do the test again :)

Hi all,

Yesterday I had emission test for my wife's car (Toyota Vitz)in Cleanco Lanka- kiribathgoda center. It cost me Rs 759.00 and Cleanco guy's were nice and helpful

following were the results,

HC PPM VOL High idle - -6 Low idel -9 (limiit 1200) Passed (they said (-) figures are equal to zero)

CO% VOL High idle - 0 Low idel - 0 (limiit 4.500) Passed

CO2% VOL High idle - 16.2 Low idle - 16.2

O2% VOL High idle - 0.050 Low idle - 0.030

Lanmbda High idle - 1.002 Low idle - 1.001

But when i went for my Registration, the lady in reveunce licese issuing, said that testing is not compulsory yet !!!!. they havent got any Circulation to check or collect emmission test documents.

Hi all,

Yesterday I had emission test for my wife's car (Toyota Vitz)in Cleanco Lanka- kiribathgoda center. It cost me Rs 759.00 and Cleanco guy's were nice and helpful

following were the results,

HC PPM VOL High idle - -6 Low idel -9 (limiit 1200) Passed (they said (-) figures are equal to zero)

CO% VOL High idle - 0 Low idel - 0 (limiit 4.500) Passed

CO2% VOL High idle - 16.2 Low idle - 16.2

O2% VOL High idle - 0.050 Low idle - 0.030

Lanmbda High idle - 1.002 Low idle - 1.001

But when i went for my Registration, the lady in reveunce licese issuing, said that testing is not compulsory yet !!!!. they havent got any Circulation to check or collect emmission test documents.

that's superb results machang :) you got a very clean car

Guys,

Had any of you renew your revenue licence recently? Did they check for Vehicle Gas Emission Test repot? Since my renewal is on next week so not sure whther to get this done or not. Also any of you know places where this test done in colombo area?

Hope i get a quick response.

Thx

I did mine yesterday at Kaduwela, They didnt ask me the Emission Test document at all.

(I had it with me but didnt show to them. Wanted to check whether they need it or not. :angry-smiley-048: )

I also got mine on Monday. I didn't do a emission test. Friend of mine (who's working there) told that they'll enforce it on next year, because still they're building the stations in Kandy and other places.

There are so many things that need addressing regarding vehicles on the road -buses & lorries without brake lights- belching black smoke - crazy driving standards-overtaking on corners-speeding even thru town centres to keep on schedule .I imagine the laws are already in existence to stop and fine these careless individuals but they still can be seen island wide.Whilst I agree we must make every effort to improve safety and cleanliness for all road users -we must accept that in the real world as opposed to the one we would like it to be there will be many out there working out ways to circumvent any of these new regulations and measures.Until as in the west there is a police force that is well paid that does not wish to lose pensions as well a well paid job ,many officers will subsidize their salaries in other ways .A phone line to report badly maintained vehicles would be a good start as long as anonimity can be garanteed. lets hope this is the begining of if not a brave new world at least a brave new sri lanka

very true bro.

take 90 % of the Trucks and buses do not have their tail lights working

90 % of motor bikes have there side mirrors turned toward the sun - may be to check the next solar eclipse.

and these motorbikes cut on to the road the way they want and we knock them down and we get the beating.

Authorities need to check these things too.

I also got mine on Monday. I didn't do a emission test. Friend of mine (who's working there) told that they'll enforce it on next year, because still they're building the stations in Kandy and other places.

i got mine done on 17th of JULY and i showed it to the lady over there and she said that its not needed.