• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle Gas Emission Test Compulsory From 15th July

GihanFX

ok guys next tuesday i need to get this emission test thing done, i have a small issue, my car book says the engine number as EJ 15 XXXX but actual number of the engine my car has EJ 20 XXXX, do they enter the engine number to their computer or it will not be an issue, also lost VIC

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok guys next tuesday i need to get this emission test thing done, i have a small issue, my car book says the engine number as EJ 15 XXXX but actual number of the engine my car has EJ 20 XXXX, do they enter the engine number to their computer or it will not be an issue, also lost VIC

ok first.. go to a laughfs outlet as thats the only place i have experince with.. they check ur book.. and they do a visual inspection.. but as i saw them doing it. they do not look at the actual engine number.. they just look around for thier check list.. which is oil leaks, fan belts, and other stuff.. the details they enter to the system is the stuff on the book.. but i know for sure they dont check it with the actual thing..

so i think u are good to go bro... good luck.. as long as ur book has the same deatils as the DMV then no problem...

ok first.. go to a laughfs outlet as thats the only place i have experince with.. they check ur book.. and they do a visual inspection.. but as i saw them doing it. they do not look at the actual engine number.. they just look around for thier check list.. which is oil leaks, fan belts, and other stuff.. the details they enter to the system is the stuff on the book.. but i know for sure they dont check it with the actual thing..

so i think u are good to go bro... good luck.. as long as ur book has the same deatils as the DMV then no problem...

thanx for the info machan, all i want to know do they enter the engine number to their system and does it has any conection to the test and final results, cus if the comp is searching for EJ 15 and the actual thing is EJ 20, want to make sure no issues :)

im planing to go to the place at attidiya

is this like an MoT? and how would a de-cat affect the results? are they doing suprise roadside checks to catch offenders?

Nope

they exclusively check for exhaust emmissions

all vehicles registered or manufactured after 1975 need to be taken in for an emmission test and have a certificate issued on passing the test in order to obtain a revenue licence

newly registered vehicles are expempt from the test for upto 3 years from the date of first registration if i'm not mistaken

GFX why don't you get the numbers changed in the book since everyone knows its a conversion might as well make it legit

you mean to say its possible to update the engine number without mentioning the change in capacity?? :huh:

won't the engine code give the game away?? :unsure:

HE told me its posible, he said they ask u is the new engine capacity is similer to the old capacity and no more questions,

HE told me its posible, he said they ask u is the new engine capacity is similer to the old capacity and no more questions,

this isn't the first time i've heard that its been done like that - i'm not saying i buy it entirely , but i'll take your word for it

there is a much older car of the same make which had a similar adjustment made lu..

this isn't the first time i've heard that its been done like that - i'm not saying i buy it entirely , but i'll take your word for it

there is a much older car of the same make which had a similar adjustment made lu..

even my friend told me he did it, im still unsure how to go and do it, he said it take some time,

When I'm listening to Lakhanda auto club program, some caller shared a serious problem that faced during emission test.

During they testing caller's van, they kept it full rev for few mins :action-smiley-060: and finally engine blowed :violent-smiley-099: :violent-smiley-099:

Now he have to replace engine.

So be careful when testing and never let them to rev your motor more than 3000rpm (NEVER EVER)

got mine this morning,

IDLE : 849

2500 RPM : 2430

HC (PPm v/v) Standard = 1200

IDLE : 221

2500 RPM : 75

CO (% v/v) standard = 4.5

IDLE : 0.602

2500 RPM : 0.309

Lamda

IDLE : -1

2500 RPM : -1

O2

IDLE : 9.885

2500 RPM : 9.32

CO2

IDLE : 7.446

2500 RPM : 9.125

Engine Temp

Edited by GihanFX

when i went for the test the guy came asked for reg doc and then the keys, as I have seen how they rev i asked for his drivers license. then he told me to drive to the testing area and I sat in the front seat to make sure thay dont rev beyond 2500. this is must as I have seen them raving well over the limit for the fun of it!!

when i went for the test the guy came asked for reg doc and then the keys, as I have seen how they rev i asked for his drivers license. then he told me to drive to the testing area and I sat in the front seat to make sure thay dont rev beyond 2500. this is must as I have seen them raving well over the limit for the fun of it!!

i went to the Attidiya place and they ask for the documents and they inspect the engine, after i pay and sign they ask to drive for the test area, then they fixed some stuff and ask me to start the engine, after that they rev the engine slowly, im sure he didnt rev over 2500 mark,

most of them asking me why my car has a big shiny Radiator in front :D

I'm curious.. how do they know the RPM? do they just look at the RPM meter, or connect something to the car to get RPM? if so how?

dnt know how they check the RPM, what i seen they remove oil dip stic and put something in there and conect magnet piece to the engine ( i think its the ground wire ) then they conect their unit to the both end of battery terminals, then somethn near the exhaust tip

this is what i have seen, the actual process might be different :unsure:

Edited by GihanFX

i got failed the test first time,Then i sent my driver next day along with 300 bucks and got the certificate.

A land like no other!!! :angry-smiley-048:

as for RPM they dont look at the meter.. thier equioment directly indicates the RPM.. its quite easy.. i also though they would have to look at the RPM meter.. would have been easier for them as i have two installed.. its the same way that we connetec an external RPM gauge.. so they are quite accurate..

Nope

they exclusively check for exhaust emmissions

all vehicles registered or manufactured after 1975 need to be taken in for an emmission test and have a certificate issued on passing the test in order to obtain a revenue licence

newly registered vehicles are expempt from the test for upto 3 years from the date of first registration if i'm not mistaken

Hi,

Daily Mirror said "vehicles manufactured before 1975" (http://www.dailymirror.lk/DM_BLOG/Sections...spx?ARTID=45715) and Daily News said "vehicles which were registered with the department before 1975" (http://www.dailynews.lk/2009/04/09/news15.asp).

Can someone confirm whether the exemption is for vehicles manufactured or registered before 1975?

I got a vehicle which was manufactured in 1970 and registered in SL in 1978 :)

thanks

GMI

Edited by GMI

Hi,

Daily Mirror said "vehicles manufactured before 1975" (http://www.dailymirror.lk/DM_BLOG/Sections...spx?ARTID=45715) and Daily News said "vehicles which were registered with the department before 1975" (http://www.dailynews.lk/2009/04/09/news15.asp).

Can someone confirm whether the exemption is for vehicles manufactured or registered before 1975?

I got a vehicle which was manufactured in 1970 and registered in SL in 1978 :)

thanks

GMI

can't confirm as i too have heard conflicting reports , but the last i heard it registered before 1975 , but not too sure :unsure: