• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My Sleepless Nights Are Over !!!!

Velocity

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These two guys helped you and you did not buy an LR :o;)

:D

LR will always be in my mind. I am sure the New Defender with the Ford 2.5 CRTD Duratec engine will be having less issues.

Anyway I went through this Important Thread which was on

If you can please read this forums.

http://forums.overlander.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=42197

This is filled with LANDY and CRUISER fans. So its a 50/50

If the Landrover Was Brand New and Had a Two Year warranty it would have been my first Preference.

Edited by Velocity

He he GTAm .......... I guess it helped Velocity figure out "the typical LR owner" :D

I guess Velocity wanted to be a 4X4 enthusiast and NOT a Land Rover enthusiast !

Don't take it seriously Devinda and Lakshan ! he he just a bit of banter ! :)

:lol: there goes my plan of adding another one to the fold! :(

Congrats on the purchase, these Toyotas are real famous here in Dubai - used a lot by the locals in their farms and also by the forces. Proven offroaders and very mean looking !!

are those prices you mentioned Permit prices?

first time i went offroading in the Patrol, one of these Toyotas pulled me out :-)

Edited by albertho

Congrats on the purchase, these Toyotas are real famous here in Dubai - used a lot by the locals in their farms and also by the forces. Proven offroaders and very mean looking !!

are those prices you mentioned Permit prices?

first time i went offroading in the Patrol, one of these Toyotas pulled me out :-)

No bro those are normal retail prices. Machan infact there is a rumour going on saying that Single Cabs will not be allowed under lorry duty which means the prices will go up sky hi. Not sure how true this is.

Also for a person who buy a Landrover Singlecab can easily fit the Rear Door converion and can change numbers from L to K numbers thus evading duty. This is what i have heard from a Jeep Guy. Dont know how true this is.

Machan in Dubai do you get the 1HZ or the 4.5 Turbo D4D ?

D4D 4.5 V8 Turbo is a Rocker. It seems they only get it in Aussie some few countries in the Polynesian Islands.

He he GTAm .......... I guess it helped Velocity figure out "the typical LR owner" :D

I guess Velocity wanted to be a 4X4 enthusiast and NOT a Land Rover enthusiast !

Don't take it seriously Devinda and Lakshan ! he he just a bit of banter ! :)

:D

the v8 can be found in oman machang that means i guess in dubai too yap albertho is correct ban alot of locals love them and they r pretty good in dune bashing too .. hey if it can be fitted with another two doors with seats WOW that is cool u get to own a pickup for the price of a single cab ... :rolleyes: never was the single cab lover but if can be converted surely thats a offer

honestly i didnt even know that toyota made such a pick-up until Dims was considering buying it.... but i must say, at that price thats one heck of a deal!!!

Dilesh this Chassis and Body Design is the Same as the 3.LTR PRADO which was 93-97

Sri Lanka Police has the Troopy Version which can carry up to 18 people.

land01im7.jpg

land02pf4.jpg

land03fr8.jpg

It has 4 Models

The PICKUP / TRAY / TROOPY / WAGON

land04fa7.jpg

All These vehicales Carry the Famous 4200 cc Diesel 6 Cylinder Engine or 4500cc D4D TURBO V8

UN and many Armed forces in Africa and the Tropics uses this for there Logistics.

Edited by Velocity

I feel a bit of weight at the back might improve the ride quality a bit. The engine is more than ample to haul it all.

Yeah Milindu. We used to do that on one of Isuzu 4WD cabs. had 500 kg concrete slab. gave better rear traction and kept the rear end calm during travelling.

No bro those are normal retail prices.

Machan in Dubai do you get the 1HZ or the 4.5 Turbo D4D ?

D4D 4.5 V8 Turbo is a Rocker. It seems they only get it in Aussie some few countries in the Polynesian Islands.

No turbo diesel's sold through the agents bro [only sneaked in through the border from oman ;-) ]... its just the 4.5 petrol and 4.2 diesel N/A.

Those prices seem affordable, but then again ... having 3 seats as an only family car might seem unrealistic when you have to carry around parents and ancestors around :unsure:

Also for a person who buy a Landrover Singlecab can easily fit the Rear Door converion and can change numbers from L to K numbers thus evading duty. This is what i have heard from a Jeep Guy. Dont know how true this is.

machang what is this conversion you are on about??? i'll take it that you have to do this before importing the vehicle to the country

[

Congrats on the new buy.

Agree that the Land Rover reliability issues.

But I think (IMHO) that we Sri Lankans have forgotton that Land Rovers are basically agricultural vehicles , with that background. Built basic, built tough for basic hard work in the fields.

its not about comfort, or looks or what is says about you. It was, is, and will be a tool for getting thiongs done. in a very basic way.

You then add power steering, AC etc etc and pimp it up and expect this thing to work? no way bro. Its basically tacked on, and tacked on stuff falls off :)

Now I have an old Landie as well, and its got Zip. No roof, no ac, no power steering, no heater, but it does have two side mirrors(From a motorcysle).

Now thius thing does not breakdown, ac does not fail etc etc ya get da picture? Its a petrol 2.2 by the way and we (the family & I ) love her to bits. So do the cats and the dog whop regularly mark their territory on her.

I do have guys asking me to sell it or to make it look like a DEPENDER (not a spelling error) but thats the Sri Lankan scene.

When living in the UAE, those Landcruiser cabs are the real deal. Land rovers are rare.

Lancruiser VXs, Nissan Patrol, those were the dune bashers & I mean bashers man ....I had a Landcruiser Prado there and it looked pathetic next these behemoths.

Anyway sorry for going on and on, but iof used in its proper context the Land Rovers make sense, but if you think that you can dress them up, and take them ballroom dancing then be ready to spend a lot of moolah on buying new and more expensive dresss for each dance.

Again its my opinion only mates. Gonna go to Toyota Lanka and see if I too can get a Single Cab........now must tell wife that I can use it to go to office, pick kids, take dogs to Vet, etc etc Cmon guys gimme some more ideas.......

cheers

BTW check out the Land rover thingy on Youtube where this top gear guy puts the LR in perspective (not clarkson but the other young dude). cant send link as its &^%$%$#@banned***&^&*

Gonna go to Toyota Lanka and see if I too can get a Single Cab........now must tell wife that I can use it to go to office, pick kids, take dogs to Vet, etc etc Cmon guys gimme some more ideas.......

Prad speak to ESHAN COORAY, he is the TOP of Sales in Toyota. A Die Hard Landrover Fan Too.

Yesterday while i was at Toyota A Middle Aged Lady with her two kids bagged a Silver Landcrusier Cab. She had a Landrover and it seems it was Totaled.

PRAD Excuses to buy One would be :rolleyes:

Schooling for Kids and Office Vehicale

75360655si2.jpg

Mobile Office

38073835ut1.jpg

Mobile Home

22975173vm7.jpg

Weekend Holidays

26758034xh2.jpg

PICS taken from http://www.4x4community.com

Edited by Velocity

nice pics guys !!!

makes you really want to buy 1 when you see them. I really wanted 1 but sometimes its not practical with a family.

I wanted the swb wagon of it, but its only available in oman and not in Dubai which means i'll have issues with service & warranty.

wow, a water crossing with such abnormally tiny wheels!!!!

not sure but i think having big tires might make the vehicale more float able.

infact this cab too floats.check for better & more pics http://overland.co.za/video/Clowns_and_H20.pps

download the pps from that link and read the contents.. check how it sways to the high tide. And he has small kid in the vehicale.

Prad speak to ESHAN COORAY, he is the TOP of Sales in Toyota. A Die Hard Landrover Fan Too.

Yesterday while i was at Toyota A Middle Aged Lady with her two kids bagged a Silver Landcrusier Cab. She had a Landrover and it seems it was Totaled.

PRAD Excuses to buy One would be :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Oh yeah Thanks mate.

Have sent the pics to da wife...lets see what develops ....

Good stuff - the water crossing is super did you notice the boat floating away at an angle ha ha strapped to the trailer and both must have floated.

Last week saw a nice single cab - the new model - at the Yacht club with dual spare wheels, green, any idea whose ?

rowing club is it ?

If so its chunky's

I'm guessing this is the colombo sailing club also reffered to as yacht club in bolgoda

Prad

is this the LR clip you speak about

http://youtube.com/watch?v=S0uSxqHPWGk

one of my fav's on youtube... superb cinematography IMHO :)

If IT buggers have blocked youtube @work try online proxies like www.vtunnel.com, www.anonymouse.org etc... it might work :)

And btw super defense on behalf of the LR's mate... :) :) :)