• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Annoying Headlight Flashers!

jehan80

Hi,

Just writing about something that really ticks me off. Morons in big SUV's flashing their headlights at ya.

I'm calmly driving along @ around 60-70 and SUV dude suddenly shows up at around 100 and starts

flashing his headlight as if to say "I'm big and important, get out of my way" !

Anybody experionced there self important nuts? Its one thing if ur driving slowly but

that's not the case.

I for one nvr let these morons pass by switching lanes, and usually slow down my speed :)

Any thought's guys? Maybe a few headlight flashers themselves in AL as well :P

Best regards

Hi,

Just writing about something that really ticks me off. Morons in big SUV's flashing their headlights at ya.

I'm calmly driving along @ around 60-70 and SUV dude suddenly shows up at around 100 and starts

flashing his headlight as if to say "I'm big and important, get out of my way" !

Anybody experionced there self important nuts? Its one thing if ur driving slowly but

that's not the case.

I for one nvr let these morons pass by switching lanes, and usually slow down my speed :)

Best regards

Its so simple. What you could do is block them in a stratergic way. Thats it !! take him behind you for for 10mins is max fun you know. that makes them to take a risk and overtake. Good Fun !!!

i am sure everybody at AL would have come across morons like that, but i guess the best way to deal with such A** Ho*es is to let them pass, after all after they pass, the road belongs back to you mate. then you are the king of the Road. thats what i do.

Hi,

that's not the case.

Best regards

Hi Jehan... Well What I think is also to let them pass!!! BUT.... if you have time to waste to have some FUN :jumping-smiley-013: .... I suggest that, First give it way to overtake you.... <_< Then Start Flashing lights on Em......! :ninja: !! hehehehehe!!! :violent-smiley-030: & Try to Chase him untill you exit to your Journey.... Well Thats real fun!!! :rolleyes:

ahh..thats the same i do, letting them PASS, and then being a real head-ache to them, FLASHING and HONKING from the back, cant help..:D after all what the hell..!

Edited by Kim

Hi Jehan... Well What I think is also to let them pass!!! BUT.... if you have time to waste to have some FUN :jumping-smiley-013: .... I suggest that, First give it way to overtake you.... <_< Then Start Flashing lights on Em......! :ninja: !! hehehehehe!!! :violent-smiley-030: & Try to Chase him untill you exit to your Journey.... Well Thats real fun!!! :rolleyes:

Great suggestion! :violent-smiley-030:

Terabite is the smart man here...wish i had such patience but i don't so i also take the pisspots for a ride

few months back there was this accent dude trying to overtake me in this small narrow road where two vehicle can't pass without one stopping and taking it off the road... i was doing about 40 and this rice boy come behind me and started honking, flashing, trying to cut into me and the works... kep the bugger behind for a while to charge him and then let him pass and returned the favor :)

must get louder horns :)

on topic...the other ar$eh0les are the ones that come smack on to ya face with heads on in the night and not taking them down even if ya flash the bugger... :violent-smiley-099: these in my experience are mostly suv's and vans.... and with HID kits and high-power bulbs getting cheaper even smaller cars like maruti's have crap load of lighting power and they just love to go on heads :violent-smiley-099: always wanted to get a set of quality fogs as auxiliary lights and point them slightly upwards for these guys but $$$$ so far kept me away from it sadly :(

Edited by Ripper

same as i do. let the bugger go and chase him, but not always ...

on topic...the other ar$eh0les are the ones that come smack on to ya face with heads on in the night and not taking them down even if ya flash the bugger... :violent-smiley-099: these in my experience are mostly suv's and vans.... and with HID kits and high-power bulbs getting cheaper even smaller cars like maruti's have crap load of lighting power and they just love to go on heads :violent-smiley-099: always wanted to get a set of quality fogs as auxiliary lights and point them slightly upwards for these guys but $$$$ so far kept me away from it sadly :(

you should have a set of high power fogs or somthing to get down these fools on head beams all the time ... what i do is flash them to say "U R on head" , if they dont take down... use headlight and fogs both to say "see, i also have lights" :violent-smiley-030: ...

What I tended to do was,

1. If it was a 2 lane road, Do nothing ! If the dude wanted to overtake he could use his own initiative.

2. If it was a multi lane I would move to the slower lane and let him pass. If the incident happened in the slower lane the same as above !

3. If a moron cut on to me on the process of overtaking and not being able to complete the process, unless there is a serious danger of a massive and horrific accident I will simply hold my lane and speed.

What i Do to head on flashers is just cut through to them.. with HI Beam on!!. one time i remembered did this for Montero bugger and he ended up putting his vehicle into a ditch!! lol.. :angry-smiley-048: Don't try this with the bad tires though :rolleyes:

Terabite is the smart man here...wish i had such patience but i don't so i also take the pisspots for a ride

few months back there was this accent dude trying to overtake me in this small narrow road where two vehicle can't pass without one stopping and taking it off the road... i was doing about 40 and this rice boy come behind me and started honking, flashing, trying to cut into me and the works... kep the bugger behind for a while to charge him and then let him pass and returned the favor :)

must get louder horns :)

thanks mate for the compliment. !!!!.. i still say let the bugger pass. once a j***a$$ always an ASS. ( even if he rides a Hummer)

What i Do to head on flashers is just cut through to them.. with HI Beam on!!. one time i remembered did this for Montero bugger and he ended up putting his vehicle into a ditch!! lol.. :angry-smiley-048: Don't try this with the bad tires though :rolleyes:

Do this extremely carefully mate! Your lucky enough not to get a bullet in your head since he was not a ministers son or V*P. Yeah true we all hate this sort of crap. But finally are we to pay with our lives for idiots like that. Its not worth it..to risk your life for a dumb ass fool. When we do tit-for-tat what difference does it make..neither do we get anything out of it..rather put ourself's in more danger. Let the morons fly...if they want to! Who cares besides for them....its like :D unnath 1000-malath 1000 :DSo why waist our precious time, energy and resources on some bullshit asshole. Its not worth it!

same as i do. let the bugger go and chase him, but not always ...

you should have a set of high power fogs or somthing to get down these fools on head beams all the time ... what i do is flash them to say "U R on head" , if they dont take down... use headlight and fogs both to say "see, i also have lights" :violent-smiley-030: ...

well faced the same situ today when i went early morning to the airport to pick up a cousin... all lorry dudes, van fellas and even some cars all coming towards colombo were on their head beams... it was around 4.30am and negombo road is not the best lit so quite a few times i was completely blinded...

No amount of flashings can make them lower their beams cos especially with taller vehicles...my car beams don't hit em..

I've been on the prowl on ebay for months now for a good set of piaa fogs but those things never go for cheap :(

Does anyone have good fog lights on bought locally??? I checked a few places but most folks have chinese variants... not too sure if those are upto task...

well faced the same situ today when i went early morning to the airport to pick up a cousin... all lorry dudes, van fellas and even some cars all coming towards colombo were on their head beams... it was around 4.30am and negombo road is not the best lit so quite a few times i was completely blinded...

No amount of flashings can make them lower their beams cos especially with taller vehicles...my car beams don't hit em..

I've been on the prowl on ebay for months now for a good set of piaa fogs but those things never go for cheap :(

Does anyone have good fog lights on bought locally??? I checked a few places but most folks have chinese variants... not too sure if those are upto task...

sorry ripper ... i have factory fitted fogs

i have seen some cars have angled the fogs to top

Here is one of experiences of Headlight Flashing and honking....

On a SUNDAY, I was not well and my wife was driving me to the Nawaloka Hospital (i guess we were around 45-50 at that time) and there was a Montero guy showed up flashing behind my car, honking moving his ride like a toy all over the road near the Castle Street Hospital, and my wife got little panic and turn to the left lane (well signaled) – (trust me, she has good road discipline than me.)

Guess what, it’s not either V*P or Min. just a young funky fellow (looks like he came from abroad) age not must be 19-21 years old. He just makes a sharp cut and stopped the Montero. At that time, I knew this guy did not see me sitting in the passenger seat, he just saw there is a guy in the car, and then he just hit the gas.

What this guy wanted to do with his BIG Bird? Wanted FLY over me? Or wanted to race his Montero with a Lady driver? :action-smiley-060: Why does he really need Flashing headlights in 2 lane road where no Traffic on a Sunday noon? God knows why!! :violent-smiley-099:

Edited by Rastima

i was following this and i got to kw like me every one in this site had bad experence with this morons with big weels and who thinks they own the road cos they have a big truck or a SUV i don't mind if u flash ur heads in a decent manner not like a moron who wants to over run u i give space when u see some guy who is in a real hurry may be he is on his way to a hospital taking some one who is seriously sick ..but when i look from the back mirror and see some moron just playing around with his toy i won't be moving a inch or just follow the bugger after when i gave some space and give him some of his own medicine ....

If possible, as in the road conditions, I prefer to make them eat my dust. Generally by the time I slow down for the next bit of traffic and they catch up, they have calmed down :D

Of course, if they haven't, I just make it very difficult for them to pass :D

Specially annoying with Bus drivers.