• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is The Best Car Within 14 Lakhs

Question

Hi all..

Just wanted to know a few details abt the following auto geared cars.

Mitsubishi Lancer CK1 or 2 ..an english number, probably models between 97 and 2000. Could i find it in the range of 14

What is the best car i could find within 14 lakhs?

There are some 97 Corolla models AE111 and AE 110 and Mazda 323 English numbers some 99 model or so

In terms of fuel efficiency which is the best? How much does it do within Colombo?

Pl do let me know..and anyone who had the above cars..pl do share ur experience with it

thanks all

• Answers 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

anybody know the figures for a mazda 1300cc..in col and out of col?..if anyone had the car pl do share ur experience with a 1300cc engine mazda 323..

i saw a sprinter automatic, english number 99 model for 1425..is it a good price?..btw wats the diff between an AE111 and an AE110?..the 111 looks much better..but is it worse oon fuel or anything?..do let me know..

AFAIK the 111 is different from the 110 only in the styling department and body panelling etc... i'm guessing the only downside of slightly rare models like that is sourcing body parts when they do get damaged... there's a chance due to this they might be having slightly lesser demand than the more common models like the 110...

fuel dept most these models hover around the same area in terms of economy... variations in figures will happen due to the condition of the vehicle and the style of driving...

Fuel efficiency wise its hard to beat the Corolla AE 110 in that price range

you might also be able to get a Honda EK3, Mazda familia or 323 (99-2004 if I remember correctly) Familia Butterfly model (96-99 I think) and the list goes on.

What is best for you depends on your personal requirement, as in seating capacity/ size of your family , your annual mileage, where you live, and the purpose of purchase !

Honda EK3's are a bit expensive, esp an automatic model..cant find it within 14 or 15 for that matter..howz Honda city..is that good on fuel..there's an english number automatic for 1375..is it a good car???..do lemme know

Honda EK3's are a bit expensive, esp an automatic model..cant find it within 14 or 15 for that matter..howz Honda city..is that good on fuel..there's an english number automatic for 1375..is it a good car???..do lemme know

Honda city is doing about 11 km in the city and 14 km out station (Automatic). But keep in your mind that City is not a japaneese make.

Honda city is doing about 11 km in the city and 14 km out station (Automatic). But keep in your mind that City is not a japaneese make.

Where is it made in then? did u have a honda city?let me know... and by the way anybody knows about toyota Corsa?i saw an english number automatic 4 13 lakhs..do u think that it does well?howz the fuel effeciency?if anyone knows the figures do give it 2 me.

by the way that sprinter i saw was not full option..no wonder it was cheap!

Where is it made in then? did u have a honda city?let me know... and by the way anybody knows about toyota Corsa?i saw an english number automatic 4 13 lakhs..do u think that it does well?howz the fuel effeciency?if anyone knows the figures do give it 2 me.

by the way that sprinter i saw was not full option..no wonder it was cheap!

Some citys are comming from India and some are from Thailand. Basically assembled in their local plants but some parts are not japaneese (Like radiator, Driving belts, Tyres, etc etc.)

Another thing the Corsa is 1350cc engine..do you think that will do well with fuels esp since it looks like sprinter and all..pl do comment..the Corsa looks like a good deal, but i dont know much abt that car, so do fill me in

I will not not recomend a 1300cc sedan the size of a 323, since its under powered it may consume more fuel than a 1500cc (ex: when loaded with 4-5 adults & trying to get some speed) due to the lack of power.

Cant say its all the way underpowered! If you look closer and compare the 1.3l auto Vs the 1.5l auto.

1)The 1.3 is 50kgs lighter than the 1.5

2)The 1.3 is 85bhp and 1.5 is 110bhp

3)The 1.3 is SOHC and 1.5 is DOHC

Agree a 25bhp more for just 50kg's is a lot. 1.5l is more of an overpowered!

In my opinion the 1.3l is a lighter car with a small engine and .....mind you ...the real tricky part which is making a significant blow is fuel economy is the TRANSMISSION!

the 1.3 has a 3AT and the 1.5 has a 4AT is why the 1.3 is not efficient as the 1.5. The TOP is always the 3rd gear..it always feels like there should be another gear for going on long run..feels like too many revvs in TOP! Any comments...

Honda EK3's are a bit expensive, esp an automatic model..cant find it within 14 or 15 for that matter..

I would't say you "can't" find one. actually, the 300 - (98 brand new's) go for around 13.5 - 14.

I'm pretty sure you would be able to find a G series number for around 14. The vtec's would be slightly more expensive.

I would't say you "can't" find one. actually, the 300 - (98 brand new's) go for around 13.5 - 14.

I'm pretty sure you would be able to find a G series number for around 14. The vtec's would be slightly more expensive.

Arc,just for my knowledge. Apart from the RS is Vi the only one that comes with Vtec? Also is the Vi all4 disk?

Arc,just for my knowledge. Apart from the RS is Vi the only one that comes with Vtec? Also is the Vi all4 disk?

Not all vi s are comming with 04 discs. It's not a matter acutuaaly he could go for brandnew imported 1998/1997 models of ek3 (majority is manual) as arc angel stated and engine DOHC not v tec.

real worth for money. :)

the 1.3 has a 3AT and the 1.5 has a 4AT is why the 1.3 is not efficient as the 1.5. The TOP is always the 3rd gear..it always feels like there should be another gear for going on long run..feels like too many revvs in TOP! Any comments...

valid point but there's a possibility that 3AT has gear ratios to optimize power delivery for a car of those specs... maybe the motor can't take another gear or maybe it doesn't need to...just a guess though. :P

Have to work for my daily bread machang. And the place I work for my daily bread has a terrible internet connection.

Damm right peri! Besides its very common here since Bandwidth is very expensive in SL. not like other countries, so companies dont wanna spend lacks for Internet links unless they really really get something out of it!

Have to work for my daily bread machang. And the place I work for my daily bread has a terrible internet connection.

hm we're sorta all right after parallel running a wireless web link and a leased line... the wireless one seems to be way faster :)

A properly cared BMW E36 is a choice. provided you're ready to spend the maintanence costs... A friend who owns one said that it does fuel as same as a Doctor Sunny.

A properly cared BMW E36 is a choice. provided you're ready to spend the maintanence costs... A friend who owns one said that it does fuel as same as a Doctor Sunny.

Holy shit! If its true its good news for the category who can afford to buy one and cant afford to run it! :D

Are you pointing at an Sunny manual? I hope so..if then I am guessing 8-10kmpl? Are these the figure he is achieving?

Holy shit! If its true its good news for the category who can afford to buy one and cant afford to run it! :D

Are you pointing at an Sunny manual? I hope so..if then I am guessing 8-10kmpl? Are these the figure he is achieving?

Its a commonly held misconception among the sri lankan car buying public that BMWs drink fuel... was just having this conversation with my dad this weekend, and he was insisting that BMW's are extremely thirsty, which is patently NOT the case...

The 1.6 and 1.8L cars (316i and 318i) with the manual gearboxes are the best choices for economy, both of these are fully capable of returning 8-10 KM/l in town driving.

Heck even the 2.0L 6 cylinder Manual car will return 6 ish in town (Dominic can confirm)

I was advised by a E36 owner, if i'm to purchase an E36 to buy either the 318i or the 320i as they are very much balanced. There are some b/new E36 316i's & as to him they are bit underpowered...

One of my colleagues owns a E36 318i and he confirms that he gets 8.5km/l in Colombo. So I guess depending on your driving style you would get between 8-9. Getting 10 would be a rare occurance I beleive with the state of traffic in Colombo. However, the biggest issue would be cost of maintenance in terms of replacement of parts and servicing it by the agents.

One of my colleagues owns a E36 318i and he confirms that he gets 8.5km/l in Colombo. So I guess depending on your driving style you would get between 8-9. Getting 10 would be a rare occurance I beleive with the state of traffic in Colombo. However, the biggest issue would be cost of maintenance in terms of replacement of parts and servicing it by the agents.

I was inking the same. Even more domestic type Agents like Toyota Lanka charge absurd amounts of money for parts!(eg:-EP82 plug set Rs:7500.) So just imagine how a more elite brand like BMW would take. Instead of ripping you apart the Agents will shoot :violent-smiley-030: you and kill you on the spot!

Well finally its simple ...by it if you can afford it.

The agents will surely rip you off. But there are competant mechanics who can handle E36 repairs in town.