• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

British Motor Show 2008 [pictures]

MADZ

I have some pics from the show as well. Not sure if I can add to the good work by Devinda but I'm certainly ready to share them !

hey Don if it's not too big just email it to [email protected] or else you can upload it to our FTP server..for that send a blank email to me and i'll reply it with ftp login details.

Thanx chaps :)

Madz has a tough job as well - it isn't easy sifting through well over 600 photos! :lol:

& yes i totally suprised myself with that camera,but wouldn't have had anything to work with if Supra_Natural didn't lend it to me

It was quite something that motor show - 16 world premiers! :blink: ...wish i could have spent more time though - but good fun getting upclose & personal with the motors

Thanx chaps :)

Madz has a tough job as well - it isn't easy sifting through well over 600 photos! :lol:

& yes i totally suprised myself with that camera,but wouldn't have had anything to work with if Supra_Natural didn't lend it to me

It was quite something that motor show - 16 world premiers! :blink: ...wish i could have spent more time though - but good fun getting upclose & personal with the motors

I wonder if you noticed this, but BMW, Audi, VW, Fiat, Renault were all missing from the show ! Apart from dedicated stands for the Italian sports cars

I wonder if you noticed this, but BMW, Audi, VW, Fiat, Renault were all missing from the show ! Apart from dedicated stands for the Italian sports cars

yup i was rather puzzled by this as well...

Financial constrains or the lack of anything new to show off?? :huh:

oh but Renault was there - remeber the Megane Coupe Concept and the R26R! :D

Mitsubishi was also another big name that wasn't around...

i can't recall if Chrysler-Jeep were there or not now.. :unsure:

yup i was rather puzzled by this as well...

Financial constrains or the lack of anything new to show off?? :huh:

oh but Renault was there - remeber the Megane Coupe Concept and the R26R! :D

Mitsubishi was also another big name that wasn't around...

i can't recall if Chrysler-Jeep were there or not now.. :unsure:

Now that you say it I remember Renault there as well.

I don't think Chrysler was there though GM Group probably had the biggest combined exhibits with nearly all of their brands on display !

The other thing I noticed was there wasn't any space for anybody else so perhaps they could not secure a stall !

Out of them all VW group was the least represented with only Bentley showing up which was probably vital cos its still considered by many to be a British Marque ! But both VW and Audi sell loads in the Uk !

Shame on BMW as well since it was only represented by MINI which again is a British Marque !

Hey, D, What was the camera?

And do you have the original shots? Like on CD or summin?

yup i'll put all 413 MB worth onto a CD for you :)

i took some of them with the image size set at 2048 x 1535 (3 M.P)

but the bulk of it is in 2560 x 1920 (5 M.P)

The camera itself is Sajiv's SANYO VPC-S500 EX 5.0 MP

& thanx MiniAce - i wanted to put it up on FB as well,but there are just far too many images n uploading them is a nightmare! :mellow:

& thanx MiniAce - i wanted to put it up on FB as well,but there are just far too many images n uploading them is a nightmare! :mellow:

Try multiply. Got a few upload tools that might be useful. I'll send you an invite if you like. AFAIK, there is no limit on the total pics, but there is a monthly limit. Not a prob if you pick and choose and update over time. Think the monthly limit was about 150 pics, if I remember right.

http://preveen.multiply.com/photos/album/6/Sri_Lankan_Wheels

Main advantage over FB, it doesn't resize pics. Or more accurately, you can access the full rez pic if you want to, your not restricted to a tiny resized thing.

Great pics Devinda. And a whole load of Alfas :) !!!

Btw I think the Brit show did not happen for a few years because of lack of enthusiasm by manufacturers. But now it's becoming a major show again. Perhaps next year all those absent manufacturers will return.

Try multiply. Got a few upload tools that might be useful. I'll send you an invite if you like. AFAIK, there is no limit on the total pics, but there is a monthly limit. Not a prob if you pick and choose and update over time. Think the monthly limit was about 150 pics, if I remember right.

http://preveen.multiply.com/photos/album/6/Sri_Lankan_Wheels

Main advantage over FB, it doesn't resize pics. Or more accurately, you can access the full rez pic if you want to, your not restricted to a tiny resized thing.

i took the Flickr route :)

http://flickr.com/photos/29380022@N04/

even that has a space limit , but i managed to select some images of the concepts and world premiers.

The complete Alfa Romeo stand and some Land Rover images are in my FB albums...

Gonna have to wait till next month to put up the Super Car images onto Flickr :(

Flickr is great, and a great community of photogs is on there, but the free account will only show your last 200 uploads. Kinda limiting. However, I might upgrade my account soon, coz I find myself on it so much, and that limitation is restricting.

Danke Dilesh :)

Flickr is great, and a great community of photogs is on there, but the free account will only show your last 200 uploads. Kinda limiting. However, I might upgrade my account soon, coz I find myself on it so much, and that limitation is restricting.

given that i don't own a camera i doubt i'm going ot have to worry about getting into the habit of uploading much! :lol: