• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Police Radio Cars

Le Sabre

The vehicles being distributed include 80 Land Rovers , 43 Hyundai Radio Cars and 60 Suzuki 500cc motor cycles.

All police divisions including Special Task Force, Traffic Division, Police Emergency, and other police divisions received new vehicles.

http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2008080705wf1.jpg

http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2008080706qw5.jpg

http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2008080707ke8.jpg

thanks for the pics man

I am in love with this picture

:rolleyes:

At last the 2.4 Litre Ford Duratec Engine in SL.

What amazing site.

2008080707ke8mp2.jpg

we have hope :)

much like everyone is snapping up ex-police LR 90's now, in another 20 years , we'll be able to own one of these :D

thanks for the pics man

I am in love with this picture

:rolleyes:

At last the 2.4 Litre Ford Duratec Engine in SL.

What amazing site.

2008080707ke8mp2.jpg

I'm surprised the government went for Land Rovers vs Land Cruisers or Pajeros, cos from a fleet point of view they would have been cheaper to maintain methinks !

Good that the little Tata adventure has now been discontinued. At least the Land Rovers and especially the cruisers could be hacked for 20 years, the Sumo's seemed to have barely survived for 6 :)

I wonder if Hyundai Sri Lanka provides the 5 year unlimited mileage warranty Hyundair provides in Europe cos that would have made a lot of sense in a fleet purchase. The Kia Ceed over here comes with a 7 year unlimited mileage warranty which has prompted some police forces over here to purchase those cars for their fleets as well !

I wonder if Hyundai Sri Lanka provides the 5 year unlimited mileage warranty Hyundair provides in Europe cos that would have made a lot of sense in a fleet purchase.

Hyundai Sri Lanka gives a 40,000/50000km or 2 year warranty only.

Hyundai Sri Lanka gives a 40,000/50000km or 2 year warranty only.

but here any JDM car 100,000 KM four year bumper to bumper and the US cars 5 years 500,000km.... :rolleyes:

I'm surprised the government went for Land Rovers vs Land Cruisers or Pajeros, cos from a fleet point of view they would have been cheaper to maintain methinks !

Good that the little Tata adventure has now been discontinued. At least the Land Rovers and especially the cruisers could be hacked for 20 years, the Sumo's seemed to have barely survived for 6 :)

I wonder if Hyundai Sri Lanka provides the 5 year unlimited mileage warranty Hyundair provides in Europe cos that would have made a lot of sense in a fleet purchase. The Kia Ceed over here comes with a 7 year unlimited mileage warranty which has prompted some police forces over here to purchase those cars for their fleets as well !

DON i am not sure even these vehicales will last for 5 years,

All ready One Hyundai car met with an Accident on the way to kandy even before it was delivered to the respective police division in Kandy

Fault was Driver Falling Asleep !!!

Lucky cops!

speaking of which, will the vehicles they replace be released into the market?

true.. ex cop used = not the best condition but wouldn't mind picking me a 4x4..

Its not the condition of the vehicle that matters its the registration book which is worth.

DON i am not sure even these vehicales will last for 5 years,

All ready One Hyundai car met with an Accident on the way to kandy even before it was delivered to the respective police division in Kandy

Fault was Driver Falling Asleep !!!

Bloody hell ! I hope the driver was a driver for Hyundai Lanka cos if it was a Police driver, the Government would have to absorb costs (as its not customary to insure vehicles in Government service ! as the state acts as the insurer or something like that !)

Bloody hell ! I hope the driver was a driver for Hyundai Lanka cos if it was a Police driver, the Government would have to absorb costs (as its not customary to insure vehicles in Government service ! as the state acts as the insurer or something like that !)

According to the papers it was a cop driver..... ( Daily Mirror First Page 11/08/08 )