• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bunch Of Flowers To The Road Development Authority Of Sri Lanka!!!!!!!!!!

Car Maniac

OK, my view on this is gonna be taken in quite a lot of ways (some happy some not so happy)...

OK, some of you guys seem to be going past that road EVERYDAY.. maybe one of you could just take a few minutes and stop your car and go put a branch or something in that hole so that people see it avoid driving over it... OK, i didnt go upto the extent of saying that someone should make a sign and put it up, cos thats asking too much... but come on, would it hurt to just even temporarily save other motorists from the shit you guys went through... if someone had done it before, maybe YOU wouldn't be in that hole... instead all we're doing right now is passing the buck and blaming the RDA (who deserve to be blamed) when someone can easily provide a temporary remedy...

Just my view...

Edited by Dilesh

OK, my view on this is gonna be taken in quite a lot of ways (some happy some not so happy)...

OK, some of you guys seem to be going past that road EVERYDAY.. maybe one of you could just take a few minutes and stop your car and go put a branch or something in that hole so that people see it avoid driving over it... OK, i didnt go upto the extent of saying that someone should make a sign and put it up, cos thats asking too much... but come on, would it hurt to just even temporarily save other motorists from the shit you guys went through... if someone had done it before, maybe YOU wouldn't be in that hole... instead all we're doing right now is passing the buck and blaming the RDA (who deserve to be blamed) when someone can easily provide a temporary remedy...

Just my view...

Ya mate. you are right. We certainly should be civic minded in that sense.

But machan I don't think this is a one-off issue. And although the branch in the road is gonna save the other motorists, it's the duty of the RDA to save the first guy. I think this thread more or less reflects the neglegence of our RDA. And we really need something more than temporary solutions.

Edited by Arc Angel

Something the guys going for the MFOC meeting tomorrow will have to look out for.

Wont b a prob when goin there, only prob is when returnin back. :alc:

RDA ohhhh soo much to discuss and give gratitude for awsome work their doin for this country. I speak best of them when I hear a "thud" after fallin in to one of their creative pits.

Yes puttin up a branch to notify is good but it always depent on the depth of the pit. With the ammount of rain in the past its dobtful that it would stay in place and drivers might face more complications after that. Even if that is done accordingly RDA only comes once after the branch started rooting.

OT : I always imagine what if a bike with an infant fell into one of those. Any1 seen da pics of the little girl accident. :o:(:angry:

Wont b a prob when goin there, only prob is when returnin back. :alc:

RDA ohhhh soo much to discuss and give gratitude for awsome work their doin for this country. I speak best of them when I hear a "thud" after fallin in to one of their creative pits.

Yes puttin up a branch to notify is good but it always depent on the depth of the pit. With the ammount of rain in the past its dobtful that it would stay in place and drivers might face more complications after that. Even if that is done accordingly RDA only comes once after the branch started rooting.

OT : I always imagine what if a bike with an infant fell into one of those. Any1 seen da pics of the little girl accident. :o:(:angry:

Yeah mate. Most probably a tree branch would not suit here because this pot hole is there right after a turn on the road so the pot hole gets viewed suddenly only after you took the turn. This can cause more complications as you said.

yeah true.. but its really hard to resist the temptation sometimes.. u know its a like one of those anoying mosquitoes that just flies above ur head but doest not sting u.. u still feel like squating the bugger since he is annoying... :violent-smiley-099:

I know that feeling very well :D agree with U totally