• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pls Help Me To Findout The Truth Of Goverment Huge Tax 4 Micro Rexton

amilapr

Question

i ve orded Rexton ii by micro cars 3 months ago paying 5 lax Rs under contract.extimated handover time ,it wll be for a last of september.last friday micro cars ltd e mail me saying(pls see no 1 ).but i could not make patment at the time that thay expected.now thay are saying to cancel my order and refund me my advance payment.in other case i must be pay 6 million of tax + 7.89 million for vehicle.in that case would ask a help by my lowyer.i'm waiting for his desaide..i'm working in italy.so i cant muove as i want.i hope to came back in sri lanka in november ..i ve no trust with micro ltd bcz what tahy say was not realy truth.pls hlp me

no 1

........ The government has completely stopped assembling the motor cars with diesel engine capacities more than 2000cc and 1600cc in petrol with immediate affect so therefore our Rexton II is under the suspended diesel category ,I’m sorry we need to get the vehicle s Registration done on or before Tuesday as the last day if not the vehicle will go as a direct imported vehicle and will have to pay a huge tax , where as the vehicle might end up by paying more than 14Million rupees . The company is not liable for this due to the fact that this is a rule laid by the government . So please be kind enough to do your rest payment by Monday and get the registration done under your name , And your vehicle can be delivered with in a period of 07 working days with the R.M.V registration . Where as this is the only solution that we can offer you on behalf of the company with our limits. Your early response highly appreciated .

i ve orded Rexton ii by micro cars 3 months ago paying 5 lax Rs under contract.extimated handover time ,it wll be for a last of september.last friday micro cars ltd e mail me saying(pls see no 1 ).but i could not make patment at the time that thay expected.now thay are saying to cancel my order and refund me my advance payment.in other case i must be pay 6 million of tax + 7.89 million for vehicle.in that case would ask a help by my lowyer.i'm waiting for his desaide..i'm working in italy.so i cant muove as i want.i hope to came back in sri lanka in november ..i ve no trust with micro ltd bcz what tahy say was not realy truth.pls hlp me

no 1

........ The government has completely stopped assembling the motor cars with diesel engine capacities more than 2000cc and 1600cc in petrol with immediate affect so therefore our Rexton II is under the suspended diesel category ,I’m sorry we need to get the vehicle s Registration done on or before Tuesday as the last day if not the vehicle will go as a direct imported vehicle and will have to pay a huge tax , where as the vehicle might end up by paying more than 14Million rupees . The company is not liable for this due to the fact that this is a rule laid by the government . So please be kind enough to do your rest payment by Monday and get the registration done under your name , And your vehicle can be delivered with in a period of 07 working days with the R.M.V registration . Where as this is the only solution that we can offer you on behalf of the company with our limits. Your early response highly appreciated .

It seems a bit fishy to me,i have not heard anything about this,but i have heard from one of my friends who knows dr.lawrence(owner of micro cars) that for each micro he sells a sum of money(edit:in addition to shareholder fee) goes to one of the rajapakse brothers,maybe there was a rift and this is how they took revenge.

I suggest you see if the e mail you received is genuine,if it is pay the rest and register the vehicle before they put on the tax or you could ask for your money back.I know how it feels to wait eargerly for your new set of wheels and find out at the last minute that something has gone wrong. :(

Edited by HelRazor

no 1

This is just crazy. If they have already built the vehicle then they have to give it at the price quoted to you earlier. Problem for them is that they have finished the Stock of Rextons. How can they charge you more for a delay of one day or two days if they have taken your advance sometime back and pending registration.

Or else this must be the only unit available and they want to get rid of it.

Its true MR & Co has shares in the company (its not just a matter of some money going to one person). The rulling is to keep other people from entering their market. Thus it will only be the local manufacturer unless some Jap or Indian car down. Heard that D*MO has tried getting the Tata down on local assembly but they have been denied the local assembly status.

This is just crazy. If they have already built the vehicle then they have to give it at the price quoted to you earlier. Problem for them is that they have finished the Stock of Rextons. How can they charge you more for a delay of one day or two days if they have taken your advance sometime back and pending registration.

Or else this must be the only unit available and they want to get rid of it.

Its true MR & Co has shares in the company (its not just a matter of some money going to one person). The rulling is to keep other people from entering their market. Thus it will only be the local manufacturer unless some Jap or Indian car down. Heard that D*MO has tried getting the Tata down on local assembly but they have been denied the local assembly status.

I remember a news report that some deputy minister had invited Tata to make its plant for the Nano here, since they are having trouble making it in India and the CEO has pulled the plug on that plant.

This so bad. Why our own people trying to destroy Sri Lankan industries. If they wan to put a barrier they should have done to direct imports. This will become a major hit for the local automobile industry since most of the projects are over 2000 cc.

For a moment I taught that Mr. MR is doing something at least for the automobile industry. But it seems he is also just another typical corrupted, blood sucking Politician. :violent-smiley-099:

And this is what happens to all the local industries. A govt. put huge taxes for local products and warmly welcome imports to the country. Its so disgusting. :(

This so bad. Why our own people trying to destroy Sri Lankan industries. If they wan to put a barrier they should have done to direct imports. This will become a major hit for the local automobile industry since most of the projects are over 2000 cc.

For a moment I taught that Mr. MR is doing something at least for the automobile industry. But it seems he is also just another typical corrupted, blood sucking Politician. :violent-smiley-099:

And this is what happens to all the local industries. A govt. put huge taxes for local products and warmly welcome imports to the country. Its so disgusting. :(

What the !@#%$@+#!.. do they expect to fit a smaller engine than 2000CC for a Rexton like SUV? this is ridiculous!!

The Tata thing was told by a big shot at the place concerned.

Dont know what they are hoping to do. Ultimately it'll mean that many a investor will look at other markets when our beloved SL will rot in one place.

There is a way for this story to work Gummy. After all, this wasn't a thru D*MO thing, its a direct Tata plant, probably be export only, unlike a D*MO local assembly thing, where it'll be like Micro doing the Ssang-Yongs. This is the total manufacturing, not just assembly.

It would be interesting to see what the Tata response would even from an academic view point. Considering only a single airport and single major cargo handling port close by, there is some risk for them too. Those are High Security areas for a reason after all. Can they afford a shutdown of the port or airport for a few days due to terrorist activity?

I spoke to Dr Lawrence this Monday regarding some matter with my vehicle. He did mention to me that the government has put a 2000cc limit. But did not mention anything about a huge tax. But my vehicle is under a permit. I'm calling them right now. Will post an update soon. From my impression Dr. Lawrence is a genuine man, but the politicians are giving him a hard time.

THIS IS ACCURATELY CONFIRMED.

BUT I AM NOT SURE ABOUT THE TAX THING. UNLESS MICRO IS STRAPPED FOR SOME CASH AND PUSHING YOU AROUND,

I remember my freind who ordered a Kyron was pushed around too. At last it costed him 500,000 more than what he expected,

I hope they dont ban other jeeps or cabs above 2000cc diesel,

this bloody idiotic policies. they must be forgeting that the oil has come down to 93 a barrel.

Edited by Velocity

i heard about this new restriction......found out about it from a fellow who has bought the new musso pickup..he was complaining that the new wheels comes with a smaller engine due to the government restriction. prob is true since the vips who needed bigger engined vehicles would have got it off from wut ever was brought down for SAARC.

Velocity, the limitation is not just for Micro vehicles it's in effect for everything.

Oh God. This will become a major set back for all the recent automobile industries including MICRO, Land Rover Assembly plant, Universal auto assemblies, Jag. Assembly plant, Volvo plant, etc.

Out bl**dy idiots are only good at making such stupid decisions. :action-smiley-060: :action-smiley-060:

Oh God. This will become a major set back for all the recent automobile industries including MICRO, Land Rover Assembly plant, Universal auto assemblies, Jag. Assembly plant, Volvo plant, etc.

Out bl**dy idiots are only good at making such stupid decisions. :action-smiley-060: :action-smiley-060:

Very sad, none of these vehicles can be made with such a restriction. Basically only medium sized motor cars can be made.

Very sad, none of these vehicles can be made with such a restriction. Basically only medium sized motor cars can be made.

I'm sure some environment adviser bugger has advise this to limit vehicles with higher capacity engines. they might think that running a SUV with a 800CC engine :blink: is an eco friendly thing! what an ar*** Ho***s!! :violent-smiley-099:

Edited by Ruslan

I'm sure some environment adviser bugger has advise this to limit vehicles with higher capacity engines. they might think that running a SUV with a 800CC engine :blink: is an eco friendly thing! what an ar*** Ho***s!! :violent-smiley-099:

I think this must also have something to do with the class clture and inferiority complexes of some people !

Local manufacture made some vehicles more affordable and less exclusive ..... perhaps this bull shit rule came about as a result. Hopefully somebody will see sense and take it out.

I wonder if Lanka Ashok Leyland buses, lorries etc. can still be assembled under this arrangement.

I have been wondering the same thing.

So Much for the Ministerial pundits in Sri Lanka.. goons always got the luxury of using vehicles with higher engine capacity well of course with our tax money. i wonder what will happen to those Humvees. <_<

this bloody idiotic policies. they must be forgeting that the oil has come down to 93 a barrel.

they still say all excuses, saying that they are not gaining any profit on the diesel and that they are still making a lost, even rite now.. they only will know and not us - i was wondering..they are sure dogs, but we?? i think we got' a problem too to stay baring all THIS :unsure: