• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Problem With My Mazda 323 Bg3p (1992)

lalindra

Question

Hi guy's I need your help in identifing a few problems with my MAZDA 323 BG3P (1992) model.

Since a few weeks back I have faced the following problems.

1) When I start the car in the morning for the first time it does not start. Moment I turn the ignition on I have to press the accelarator to make the engine running. This also happens when the car is parked even for about 2-3 hrs.

2) Now my second problem. When the car is on the move, sometimes when I slow down the engine shuts down. Then I have to start the car while the car is on the move. This happens at traffic lights when I m slowing down. Also when the car is on the move when the car down a slope I put to Nutral. Then also the engine goes off. But this happens very rarely. This problem has come up in the past few days.

3) Now for my final problem..... When I m accelararting the engine slows down. When actually the speed should be 40km I feel the car is going at around 30km. Its like something is pulling the car back. Then when I take the leg off the accel & press it again there is a sudden jurk. This is my biggest problem coz sometimes this happens when I m overtaking. But this problem has got worse in the past few days. Earlier this happen like once a month but now had it for the past week.

I took the car to my usual macanic and when I take it to him and we go on a test drive this problem does not happen. It happens only when I m driving! Sounds crazy I guess!!

So all the car GURU's out there PLEEEAASSE help me out! What could be the possible reasons for these problems. One of my friends said there could be a problem with the air flow censor. But I m not sure if this model has one???

So guys PLEASE help me out.

Cheers!

12 answers to this question

Hi guy's I need your help in identifing a few problems with my MAZDA 323 BG3P (1992) model.

1) When I start the car in the morning for the first time it does not start. Moment I turn the ignition on I have to press the accelarator to make the engine running. This also happens when the car is parked even for about 2-3 hrs.

2) Now my second problem. When the car is on the move, sometimes when I slow down the engine shuts down. Then I have to start the car while the car is on the move. This happens at traffic lights when I m slowing down. Also when the car is on the move when the car down a slope I put to Nutral. Then also the engine goes off. But this happens very rarely. This problem has come up in the past few days.

3) Now for my final problem..... When I m accelararting the engine slows down. When actually the speed should be 40km I feel the car is going at around 30km. Its like something is pulling the car back. Then when I take the leg off the accel & press it again there is a sudden jurk. This is my biggest problem coz sometimes this happens when I m overtaking. But this problem has got worse in the past few days. Earlier this happen like once a month but now had it for the past week.

I took the car to my usual macanic and when I take it to him and we go on a test drive this problem does not happen. It happens only when I m driving! Sounds crazy I guess!!

So all the car GURU's out there PLEEEAASSE help me out! What could be the possible reasons for these problems. One of my friends said there could be a problem with the air flow censor. But I m not sure if this model has one???

Cheers!

Is this auto or manual???

if the car runs completely normal at times and these problems occur on and off... it's most probably electrical and there's something wrong with your ECU...

Have you checked the throttle position sensor [TPS]to make sure that it's fully functional? Given the description, I would look into that. Have your mechanic test that and compare the data against the factory recommended numbers. I'm assuming that this is a fuel injected car. If that's the case you will have an air flow sensor but doubt that is the cause of your problem.

Edited by Mani

Cheers!

is your model the Interplay version which has the DOHC injection type engine ?

The air flow sensor can not be the culprit here – In most cases it should be the throttle sensor and fuel pump- as mentioned by other members- best u check them both out with a good mechanic- where is your mechanic ? Rohana will also be good contact as well as Mazna motors at Papiliyana.

Good luck and keep us posted -

I suspect the TPS (Throttle Positioning Sensor). This may be malfuctioning hence mismanaging the engine throttle responce.

Get it checked by a mechanic who is familiar with the EFi stuff.

is your model the Interplay version which has the DOHC injection type engine ?

Dims the BG3P is the 1300cc version. Damn right! the Interplay is super to drive.

I have a BG3P too (91).. I too have a similar problem like this. The car jerks sometimes when accelarating while on the move.

Another thing i've noticed is that when fuel is low in the tank (not empty) the car jerks and misses a lot. Also the car stalls when braking. But when I pump some fuel and bring the needle to about quarter tank then its ok. strange.

seems like a fuel delivery problem... any other ideas ??

Cheers!

Machang, The same issue came with my uncle's EP91 Starlet. the micamic said it's a problem with fuel relay. After he replaced it, now the car seems fine. But better check the air sensor too :unsure: .

Cheere B)