• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Porsche Or Ferrari And Why?

dakrazyman20

Porsche Or Ferrari  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Porsche or Ferrari?

• Porsche
    • Ferrari

Which manufacturer do you like:

Porsche:

Porsche_Logo.jpg

or Ferrari

ferrari71.jpg

and why?

I personally prefer porsche, people say they dont have passion, but they are passionate about engineering and innovation. You just have to see one in action or be in one to realise what this means and why its so significant and groundbreaking. Plus because the engines are way out over the back they practically defy general car manufacturing laws.

So which do you prefer.

:angry-smiley-024::violent-smiley-099:

from http://www.volcars.com/porsche-ferrari-478.php

Porsche vs Ferrari

Porsche and Ferrari are German and Italian sides of the same coin, interpretations of the sports car idea. Both founded by a dominant patriarch, both honed in racing, both more than 50 years old, both with engineering and styling integrity. Whether on the track of Le Mains or on the streets, the two have always been put head-to-head and compared. Even the most naive motorist associates these two names with both performance and style.

We’ve decided to compare the methodical Porsche 911 Carrera 4S and the passionate Ferrari F430 because both of them astonish

with their performance while attempting to maintain a reasonable amount of practicality but do not pretend to be anything other than

sports cars.

A modern sports car should feature these characteristics: it should be started easily, maneuvered around town, blasted on a couple of

country roads, it looks and performs the part on a racetrack but at the same time it is very safe.

The easier way to separate the two cars is by measuring figures since both of them have mastered the modern sports car requirements and

basically there’s no other way to choose between these two phenomenal cars. What initially impresses is Ferrari's lightning fast 4-second 0-100km/h acceleration and thrilling exhaust tone. As the occupants are pinned to the seats, the new generation 4.3-litre V8 pushes out 368 snarling kilowatts. Porsche’s acceleration also offers that kick in the pants a super car should deliver, although it is 0.8 seconds slower at the 100 km/k mark.

With such acceleration performance, it comes natural for both cars to excel in the braking department. The two cars offer optional ceramic

discs for impressive stopping. Porsche’s engine gets the upper hand as it is more refined and on the economy rank leaps ahead Ferrari with a 11.8 liters per 100 km as opposed to 18.3 liters. Both cars deliver the power through impressive 6-speed gearboxes and offer top rate handling performance.

Both F430 and Carrera4S offer great interior comfort and even if the space is limited, the occupants don't feel claustrophobic and flustered.

Although an impressive mix of suede, carbon fiber and aluminum abound in the Ferrari, the Italians stand no chance when it comes to the high finish level attained by the Germans.Speed and silence are key elements for any super car. The look and appearance is the biggest draw card. The Carrera 4S is a typical Porsche, despite the new proportions. It is a great looking car, like any other 911 but somehow the styling no longer creates the jaw dropping reaction that the Ferrari does. Indeed, traditionalists may say that Porsche pays homage to its roots, but the truth is that Ferrari F430 simply draws the attention.However, even if Ferrari F430 takes your breath away with its appearance, the super car title goes to the Porsche Carrera 4S with a more complete all round package.

Lets see...

Performance : Ferrari

Attention : Ferrari

Chick magnet : Ferrari

Snob value of badge : Ferrari.

You don't buy Supercars for its ability to take the kids to school. Its a damn showpiece. If you just want performance, you can get a stripped out Evo or summin. If you want practicality, its much cheaper buying a Corolla. The problem with the Porsche is it aims to be a everyday super car. A supercar for the masses. And thats just not the right place to aim a proper supercar. Its about the show. Even an Audi R8 puts on more of a show than a 911. They are great cars, yes, but the wow factor is limited. IMHO. I'm guessing Sharky will disagree :D.

• Like 1

Lets see...

Performance : Ferrari

Attention : Ferrari

Chick magnet : Ferrari

Snob value of badge : Ferrari.

You don't buy Supercars for its ability to take the kids to school. Its a damn showpiece. If you just want performance, you can get a stripped out Evo or summin. If you want practicality, its much cheaper buying a Corolla. The problem with the Porsche is it aims to be a everyday super car. A supercar for the masses. And thats just not the right place to aim a proper supercar. Its about the show. Even an Audi R8 puts on more of a show than a 911. They are great cars, yes, but the wow factor is limited. IMHO. I'm guessing Sharky will disagree :D.

Ferrari! nuff said! :)

i must say this. Ferrari good for chick Nerds but real men drives porsche. ....... :rolleyes: porsche has better handling than the ferrari. so i like porsche... ;)

While I have deep respect for Porsche and dream about buying a used Boxter (not all Porker have their engines hanging out in their tails -darkrazyman20 ;) and the boxter is THE best car I've driven ever!) in SL someday, it's Ferrari that gets my pulse racing at crazy pace.

The looks, the noise, the drama makes Porsches look terribly boring in comparison. Both have enviable racing history are and in a rarified circle with only Alfa Romeo as the only other member. But at the end of the day there isn't anything quite as magnetic as a red Ferrari.

Never driven one though..... :(

from http://www.volcars.com/porsche-ferrari-478.php

Porsche vs Ferrari

...............................................Speed and silence are key elements for any super car. ....................................................................

Is that a mistake or does it just confirm that whoever wrote this crap review knows nothing about a high performance supercar?

i must say this. Ferrari good for chick Nerds but real men drives porsche. ....... :rolleyes: porsche has better handling than the ferrari. so i like porsche... ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gear_Test...The_Power_Board speaks for itself.

1:19.0 – Ferrari Enzo

1:19.7 – Ferrari 430 Scuderia (The Scuderia even beats the Carrera GT)

1:19.8 – Porsche Carrera GT

1:21.2 – Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano

1:22.3 – Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale

1:22.3 – Porsche 911 GT3 RS

1:22.9 – Ferrari F430

1:23.2 – Ferrari F430 Spider

1:26.2 – Porsche 911 Carrera S

1:26.8 – Ferrari 575M Maranello HGTC

1:27.2 – Porsche 911 GT3 (mildly moist)

1:28.7 – Porsche Boxster S

1:28.9 – Porsche 911 C4S (wet)

1:31.0 – Porsche 911 Turbo (very wet)

Seems like the Ferrari's are faster round the track

And something that make me happy

1:19.7 – Nissan GT-R CBA-R35

Faster than a Carrera GT, only .7 behind the Enzo :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gear_Test...The_Power_Board speaks for itself.

1:19.0 – Ferrari Enzo

1:19.7 – Ferrari 430 Scuderia (The Scuderia even beats the Carrera GT)

1:19.8 – Porsche Carrera GT

1:21.2 – Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano

1:22.3 – Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale

1:22.3 – Porsche 911 GT3 RS

1:22.9 – Ferrari F430

1:23.2 – Ferrari F430 Spider

1:26.2 – Porsche 911 Carrera S

1:26.8 – Ferrari 575M Maranello HGTC

1:27.2 – Porsche 911 GT3 (mildly moist)

1:28.7 – Porsche Boxster S

1:28.9 – Porsche 911 C4S (wet)

1:31.0 – Porsche 911 Turbo (very wet)

Seems like the Ferrari's are faster round the track

And something that make me happy

1:19.7 – Nissan GT-R CBA-R35

Faster than a Carrera GT, only .7 behind the Enzo :D

In this case both Porsche and Ferrari sucks and the JDM Rules............... Nissan GTR is the best :action-smiley-060:

Edited by GihanFX

• 2 years later...

i like both tbh.. but like a Porsche a bit more.. since its a bit more practical in day to day life

and also got a chance to ride on a 1997 911 carrera of my cousins. once when i visited UK :D sweet ride

went from Birmingham to London on it. too bad i couldn't drive at that time :(

and for some weird reason.. i like the new Porsche panamera too looks big and scary :D and at the same time a bit elegant

Zf4IB.jpg

I had this dilemma too. I had the choice between a new porsche 911 or a used F430. porsche is probably more of an everyday car and more reliable , but Ferrari are what dreams are made of and thats why Im buying a F430 this year.

Ah? I was thinking of the 458. The 1:18 really captures the details. What say you, Watchman? 1:24 might be a little too small.

Porsche any day... specially in Sri Lanka! cos like Aravinda you don't want to be send your car to Singapore for a service.... Porsche is as fast or faster, more reliable, bit cheaper, better built, and the pioneer in supercars... Ferrari are for show offs!!!

Porsche any day... specially in Sri Lanka! cos like Aravinda you don't want to be send your car to Singapore for a service.... Porsche is as fast or faster, more reliable, bit cheaper, better built, and the pioneer in supercars... Ferrari are for show offs!!!

That right there is the main reason this guy will think of it.

If I have the money I will buy both and be done with it...

Guess if you can afford one, you can afford the other as well...

But if push comes to shove, Ferrari all the way.

Who wants their Supercar to be practical and cheap?

Its like asking a hooker to be loyal and loving and at the end of the day to cook for you... :)

• Like 1

That right there is the main reason this guy will think of it.

Bit cheaper, shouldn't have said that since they are really the same price... but of cause the Porsche would be much cheaper and easier to maintain in Sri Lanka...

And also you buy a supercar to drive, hopefully very day... most Ferrari's Lambos, Astons have a reputation to never complete a journey cos on the way to a party there is greater chance that the car will break down!!

Ferrari's gets too much unnecessary attention...

Bit cheaper, shouldn't have said that since they are really the same price... but of cause the Porsche would be much cheaper and easier to maintain in Sri Lanka...

And also you buy a supercar to drive, hopefully very day... most Ferrari's Lambos, Astons have a reputation to never complete a journey cos on the way to a party there is greater chance that the car will break down!!

Ferrari's gets too much unnecessary attention...

Seeing as to how I saw Aravinda's Ferrari just last night at Cinn Grand, I doubt it broke down without completing the journey. :rolleyes:

And really? Too much attention? You want to buy a supercar so you don't get attention? If you want to go places without attention, buy a Corolla.

I mean, not hating on Porsches, they are great cars, but Ferrari is just at another level. Its not just the cars, its the whole history. This aint no Volkswagen in Running Shoes story :)

Where do these people get their facts and figures from?

I mean is there a special section of the internet for geezers run by geezers full of unsubstantiated facts?

:action-smiley-060::action-smiley-060::action-smiley-060:

At the same time, isn't ` Porsche offering products at a wider price range? I mean it starts at a cheaper Boxter and goes all the way to a 911 (talking about common models here, not exclusive editions). A successful young professional in a wealthy economy could afford a Porsche if he really wants it, but a relatively newer Ferrari is definitely out of scope. Exclusivity, Raw performance, and a Staggering price tag isn`t exactly Porsche `s main game isn't it? Not sure whether the brand as a whole would fall under "Super" car territory for that matter.

Why are we having this conversation in the first place? :D Now that Lamborghini is owned by Germans anyway, shouldn't we comparing Lamborghini to Ferrari instead? :D Now that`ll be interesting to carry on.!!

P.S. personally, I would take a Porsche thank you, simply because I don't fancy living with a "Super" car or all the other "Super" aspects associated with it, even if i`ve got the dough. ;) Would prefer to go to a track and trash it all day, not going to do that to my own Ferrari, so if I wanted the attention and thrill I`d hire one. :D

Edited by MrCat