• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

There Was The 240, Then There Was The 260..........

Gummybr

There was the 240Z, then there was the 260Z, then the 280ZX, then 300ZX, then most recently the 350Z.......

And now the newest incarnation, unlike the olden days it looks better than its predecessor.......

Introducing the New Nissan 370Z premiers 19th Nov 2008, on sale in 2009

nissan370z001vh3.th.jpgthpix.gif

nissan370z002qa8.th.jpgthpix.gif

nissan370z003tb0.th.jpgthpix.gif

Ok it has a bit of Porsche, Ferrari links but lets wait and see.. cos they are already referring to it as the "Baby GTR"

Source

Edited by Gummybr

There was the 240Z, then there was the 260Z, then the 280ZX, then 300ZX, then most recently the 350Z.......

And now the newest incarnation, unlike the olden days it looks better than its predecessor.......

Introducing the New Nissan 370Z premiers 19th Nov 2008, on sale in 2009

Ok it has a bit of Porsche, Ferrari links but lets wait and see.. cos they are already referring to it as the "Baby GTR"

Source

Hmm very much like a Porsche but looks nice. Back reminds me of a TVR

yeah it looks more like a facelift rather than a whole new model doesn't it....btw i'm a big fan of the 240z too

It's the angle of that C-pillar I think.

The 240Z was my dream car in the early 90's. I could never find one though. At that time I knew nothing about the Classic car club etc.

Then in Year 2000 I found a 260Z and was desperate to buy. But the dodgy car sales guy showed very little interest in doing a deal with me. My guess was that he had a better deal elsewhere and probably quoted less for me prior to the other guy.

Anyway on the day I decided to up my bid without any provocation from him, I took a cash advance and went there. The car was gone. :(

It was only after that, that I stumbled upon the Alfa GT Junior. In the end though I'm glad everything worked out the way they did :) although 240Z would have been nice to have as well!

harkens back to the past yes, but something just isn't right...

cant put my finger on it, but i for one am not sold on the styling... :mellow:

yup seems like they were trying to make it look edgy and sexy both at the same time...never gonna work...it just ended up looking like a bastard lovechild of the GTR and the current Z...

harkens back to the past yes, but something just isn't right...

cant put my finger on it, but i for one am not sold on the styling... :mellow:

I think it's the over-fussy head and tail lamps for me.....as the basic shape seems sound. What do you think? Neater lamps would've been better!?

I think it's the over-fussy head and tail lamps for me.....as the basic shape seems sound. What do you think? Neater lamps would've been better!?

....hmmm the overly stubby tail is far too reminiscent of a Chrysler Crossfire :mellow:

possibly even more than the lights the front bonnet bumper and fender lines lack consistency...

all in all a little mediocre

...this got me thinking - what does everyone recon to be the best looking Z car ?

240z

260z

280z

300zx (Z31)

300zx (Z32)

350Z

anyone care to stary a poll?

Gummy how about adding it to the thread with a picture of each? :)

240z

260z

280z

300zx (Z31)

300zx (Z32)

350Z

anyone care to stary a poll?

240-280z the best looking for me... then again who doesn't like e-type lookalikes? I would say the z32 has now reached "classic" status. I have driven a 350Z and loved the response and handling, hated the visibility, lack of arm rest (door handle-rest is too low and shutter opening is too high), don't care for the looks either. 350 was a comparable pkg in 03 but then they dragged the same specs on for too long while the competition left them behind.

as I have said before on this forum there should have been a 350zTT for the US mkt by 04-05. Back in the old days you could get a Z car for less than an M3 and then bring the M3 owner to tears at a stop light... fast forward to 03 and the Z is slightly if not the same as an M3 in price and about 40hp less. I haven't seen the 370 yet but have seen the G37 and wasn't impressed. Looks like nissan is putting all their high performance eggs in the GTR basket. this is just my opinion...

240Z all the way. It started the import car revolution in North America, was quick for its day, has the racing pedigree necessary for becoming an all-time classic, drives great and is still beautiful to look at.

The 260 and 280 were just uglier, bulkier, unwieldy versions of it although the 300ZX Turbo was a true supercar.

I'm gonna go with the latest iteration. 2008 350Z. Followed by the 240. Guess I'm more of a modernist than a classic type :)

And on the topic of this 370, I like it. Edgy without going too over the top. Distinctly Japanese, not trying to be euro or anything.

• 2 months later...