• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Electric Car Washer

Miyuru Daminda

Question

20 answers to this question

Hi,

I'm interested about buying a electric car washer to clean my car at home. Can anyone suggest me a good brand and a model. I found Karcher K 2.01 washer for abt Rs10000. Is this kind of washers are capable to clean vehicles such like pressure washers in service station?

specs from karcher says 100 bar max pressure (about 1400 psi) is enough to remove grease and dirt and sometimes paint :). Its only a 340 L/H so, you might want to save it for just the tough and dirty spots like wheels and below the side moulding line panels, wheel wells etc. These are not meant for everyday use so don't expect the pump and impellers to last under heavy use. Should be ok for every-other-weekend use..

Its not as bad as what DHP said. You can use it everyday without any problem what so ever for your home use that means for a vehicle or two. But if your gonna use this kinda small unit in a service station, then its a different story, it will wear out within couple of months for sure cos you dont give a chance for it to cool down. I'm telling this from my experience of 4+ years of using a model like this (not Karcher). BUT... with paints, Yes.. you have to be carefull with your plastic/fiber bumpers. adjust the spraying nipple to spray wide.

Edited by Corolla121

Hi,

I'm interested about buying a electric car washer to clean my car at home. Can anyone suggest me a good brand and a model. I found Karcher K 2.01 washer for abt Rs10000. Is this kind of washers are capable to clean vehicles such like pressure washers in service station?

Karcher is not good one. you go to Amour street after the panchikawaththe. there are hardware shops like Cambridge traders. there are so many hardware shops. you can find from there a chines high pressure pump. it is yellow color. 120 bar pressure about 1000W price between 12,000/= to 15,000/=(sorry im not remember the name of that one) that model is very good. but little heavy than 10,000/= karcher model. don't buy 10,000/= kacher bcos you can it use more than 5 minutes continuously.

Edited by Nilantha

Hi,

Agree with he rest- the price for the Karcher is great- there are cheaper brands too and they are more than sufficient for home use.

Hi,

I think buying a Karcher would be better than getting a cheap chinese. You have to use it carefully as you can damage it if you have it on for too long (I have used one for quite some time) but the thing is atleast with a Karcher you have the ability to get it reapaired as you have agents and parts available. Also have to use it carefully as you can damage the paint work if the pressure is too high and you hold it too close to the paintwork.

Karcher is not good one. you go to Amour street after the panchikawaththe. there are hardware shops like Cambridge traders. there are so many hardware shops. you can find from there a chines high pressure pump. it is yellow color. 120 bar pressure about 1000W price between 12,000/= to 15,000/=(sorry im not remember the name of that one) that model is very good. but little heavy than 10,000/= karcher model. don't buy 10,000/= kacher bcos you can it use more than 5 minutes continuously.

i'd think the opposite. the Karcher is a much more reputed brand than most chines. If i'm not mistaken our one at home was a B&D one bought at hunters. it was at a sale for around 5000 around 2 years ago.

The one we had before that ironically was yellow and didnt go very well.. burned out... see when he water's not flowing, the pressure builds up and thats NOT good. hence it died. But the B&D has a auto pump cut-off function when the pressure reaches a certain limit (meaning when water is not flowing freely)...

Besides the electricity consumption it DOES save a lot of time, effort and water, and gives a better wash. :)

im using the karcher car washer for more than 2years, and its a kool little product, still its working well and no probs, but its too toy like one, all the things are not hevy duty, btw is u have a gud service station near by then its better than a Home car was, ther's one at templers road it do a car wash with shampoo, interior vacume, clean, glass clean, car waxing, tyre polish and every things for 300Rs

don't buy 10,000/= kacher bcos you can it use more than 5 minutes continuously.

Thats wrong information, i use the kacher to wash our shop glasses and sometime to wash inside our house, etc, i have used it more than 30mns continuously, anyway i know the one you taking abt and its bit big one, but more powerfull than the kacher,

I am with you Dilesh. Karcher is a very reputed brand here in Europe. Originally it is a product from Germany. The brushless version last long, better to find out that version if somebody expecting an extended life time of the equipment.

Nilantha...I dont agree with you at all. Normally, chinese motors are known to bust very quickly.

regards

i'd think the opposite. the Karcher is a much more reputed brand than most chines. If i'm not mistaken our one at home was a B&D one bought at hunters. it was at a sale for around 5000 around 2 years ago.

The one we had before that ironically was yellow and didnt go very well.. burned out... see when he water's not flowing, the pressure builds up and thats NOT good. hence it died. But the B&D has a auto pump cut-off function when the pressure reaches a certain limit (meaning when water is not flowing freely)...

Besides the electricity consumption it DOES save a lot of time, effort and water, and gives a better wash. :)

Karcher is not good one. you go to Amour street after the panchikawaththe.

:P Thats a good Joke..!! :lol::lol:

I had a Karcher for 6+ years and I know alot of friends who own Karchers for along time.

I recently moved to a JCB coz my old Karcher is sometimes a hassle to use ..Its an industrial type one with 4 wheels.. But still it will remove the shit out of anything...they are damn good. im telling you

Edited by lakshank

:P Thats a good Joke..!! :lol::lol:

I had a Karcher for 6+ years and I know alot of friends who own Karchers for along time.

I recently moved to a JCB coz my old Karcher is sometimes a hassle to use ..Its an industrial type one with 4 wheels.. But still it will remove the shit out of anything...they are damn good. im telling you

We bought a Black & Decker model that sold for about Rs.12,000. Had it for almost a year, broke down twice. It was fixed once on warranty the first time, the company said it was a broken seal. The second time the motor seized up, company said it can't be fixed and refused to replace the unit. That said, washing the car was a breeze. Saves time and water as well - excellent tool tool to have at home. Just make sure you get a good warranty.

We bought a Black & Decker model that sold for about Rs.12,000. Had it for almost a year, broke down twice. It was fixed once on warranty the first time, the company said it was a broken seal. The second time the motor seized up, company said it can't be fixed and refused to replace the unit. That said, washing the car was a breeze. Saves time and water as well - excellent tool tool to have at home. Just make sure you get a good warranty.

I bought this one for 12,000/= so far so good. no filters to clean. automatic.

p1010003xt0.th.jpg

p1010009nj5.th.jpg

p1010010ub7.th.jpg

Edited by Nilantha

Disagree dude!! Mine more than 4 years and doing a great job! whats your story? why telling no?

MINIACE

You can’t disagree with him since he got a taste for cheap common stuff and hate superior products than what he own. And don’t expect him to come up with a valid reason to justify his statement, which he never does. All you can expect from is “Don’t go for… Don’t buy… I don’t believe in… bla... bla… <_<

Disagree dude!! Mine more than 4 years and doing a great job! whats your story? why telling no?

MINIACE

my workplace was using kacher. but it couldn't use more than one year. broken down. Repair cost equal to brand new one price. thats y i am telling karcher is not good. also in the manual it has noted down don't run continues more than 5 minuets. in this chines stuff manual it says it can run continually 30 minutes.

Tha karcher industrial machines may be good. But I am not happy with kacher domestic type its only money waist.

my workplace was using kacher. but it couldn't use more than one year. broken down. Repair cost equal to brand new one price. thats y i am telling karcher is not good. also in the manual it has noted down don't run continues more than 5 minuets. in this chines stuff manual it says it can run continually 30 minutes.

Tha karcher industrial machines may be good. But I am not happy with kacher domestic type its only money waist.

:angry-smiley-048:

Karcher K series unit for sale!! Used 4 years- troublefree.Owner buying a junk Chinese or a Taiwanese pressure pot as advised by a "Guru". :action-smiley-060:

MINIACE

They say not to use it for more than 5 minutes continuously for a REASON! because its not good for the motor, all you need to do is give it a minute or so of a break every 5 minutes and it works fine... I use the same model karcher and stick to the instructions, Surprise Surprise, it works fine!!

:angry-smiley-048:

Karcher K series unit for sale!! Used 4 years- troublefree.Owner buying a junk Chinese or a Taiwanese pressure pot as advised by a "Guru". :action-smiley-060:

MINIACE

See carefully. Kacher models in local market also made in china

Edited by Nilantha