• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Information On Hyundai Cars

Charles

Hi Everyone,

While looking for my first car, I came across Hyundai cars namely sonata and accent, they look very luxury and nice to me. Is there is anyone out there who has a good idea about these cars, who could give me some useful information about them.

information like, Agents, second hand market and fuel consumption rates would be very helpful.

Thanking you in advance.

Charles.

I’m a big fan of the 2002 model sonata (jag face) . IMO its very good value for money. You can pick up a registered one for about 1.3 - 1.4 mil. since they are imported from singa they come fully loaded with leather seats. There’s plenty of both cabin and boot space. And it does about 7km/l in Colombo. Haven’t heard of any major glitches and can’t complain about the second hand market as long as you buy a registered one. Unregs tend to loose value a lot. The registered ones that are going for 1.3mil now used to cost about 1.7mil unreg.

I herd that too.. wonder if there's any Manual Version of it.

I own a Tucson and its auto box requires only one type of fluid called SP III (this is not the brand name). This is what is recommended by factory. The agents here do not use this type (I have no idea why not) and nor do they sell the SP III. They advised me to put Caltex (which I will not).

So, maybe the Sonata auto boxes that are failing could be to the use of improper fluid.

Hi Everyone,

While looking for my first car, I came across Hyundai cars namely sonata and accent, they look very luxury and nice to me. Is there is anyone out there who has a good idea about these cars, who could give me some useful information about them.

information like, Agents, second hand market and fuel consumption rates would be very helpful.

Thanking you in advance.

Charles.

The sonata from the outside and the inside looks like a decently built car (with dubious looks which some may like but some might not) with rather plush leather and cabin space.

The Accent is certainly, and is meant to be an econo box. The accent is a reliable enough car, but the interior is made of quite low quality plastics which come loose in our bumpy roads and soon there is a lot of cabin noise after a while. But this is somewhat to be expected ! Otherwise it is a decent enough car in my opinion, parts do wear out faster than Japanese cars but they tend to be a bit cheaper so maintenance costs tend to roughly hover around the same range. But it is certainly not a luxury car.

The Accent is certainly, and is meant to be an econo box. The accent is a reliable enough car, but the interior is made of quite low quality plastics which come loose in our bumpy roads and soon there is a lot of cabin noise after a while. But this is somewhat to be expected ! Otherwise it is a decent enough car in my opinion, parts do wear out faster than Japanese cars but they tend to be a bit cheaper so maintenance costs tend to roughly hover around the same range. But it is certainly not a luxury car.

i recall GNTC 688688 cabs using these as fleet vehicles some years back...

Well they are cheap to purchase and maintain, but the build quality is not up there and the technology is a generation behind :) and you feel it.

on a slightly different note, had a few experiences with a Mahindra built Dacia-Renault LOGAN and was plesantly suprised by the ride, fit n finish- engine seemed nippy too.

not at all shabby for a bottom of the heap budget runner as its positioned.

A*W or GeSCo might wanna think of getting it down!