• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is This Tyre Good?

teejay

Question

Does it work out cheaper to do personal importing of a specific brand not available in SL?

I would think that once you add shipping costs, it may not make sense....unless you get a bulk shipment going...

If it does work out cheaper, i'd rather be getting Nittos which are supposedly brilliant street tires (Nitto is owned by toyo)...and runs circles around potenzas, yokos, etc...

http://www.1010tires.com/tirereviews/Toyo_...re_reviews.html

If it does work out cheaper, i'd rather be getting Nittos which are supposedly brilliant street tires (Nitto is owned by toyo)...and runs circles around potenzas, yokos, etc...

after making that post i was thinking why not bring down some toyo r888s. not sure how they compare with the nittos but as street legal slicks they are probably the grippiest tyres available for that sort of money. treadwear may be an issue. but since we rarely drive over 70 for long periods of time i bet these tyres would last quite a reasonable amount of time.

r888.jpg

Does it work out cheaper to do personal importing of a specific brand not available in SL?

I would think that once you add shipping costs, it may not make sense....unless you get a bulk shipment going...

you are correct it'll work out to be more expensive. but if you are a slave to a particular brand and if its not available in SL then this is the only option i'm afraid

after making that post i was thinking why not bring down some toyo r888s. not sure how they compare with the nittos but as street legal slicks they are probably the grippiest tyres available for that sort of money. treadwear may be an issue. but since we rarely drive over 70 for long periods of time i bet these tyres would last quite a reasonable amount of time.

r888.jpg

http://forums.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?t=185357

Guys- for those interested in getting Toyos

I just spoke the GC Roche, the agents for Toyo.

They currently do not bring any low-profile tires (< 65 profile) due to poor sales, but WILL however import on special request, which will take approx. 3 months.

Anyone interested, please PM me- lets see if we can get a interested group together to do a bulk order of sorts. Size won't matter- and the price will be marginalized to the current market prices (no added cost of the special order, they say).

http://www.toyojapan.com/new_tires/p_uhp.html

Edited by gunat

IMO when buying and using tires locally- its a good idea to get something that can be replaced easily in the event one tire gets damanged- which is very possible given our roads You dont want to get stuck with a set of mis-matching tires.