• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is This Tyre Good?

teejay

Question

Hi All!

I'm looking at buying a set of tyres 195/55/15. Given my limited budget I dont have too many options but I still want to buy a good tyre.

Could you please let me know whether the Dunlop LM702 (Made in Japan ) tyre is a good one?

Thanks!

Sorry I ‘m not able to answer your Q directly – but there are a few options such as Roadstone – Pritty good and easy on the wallet too – Great in wet weather conditions - hope the info helps

Good luck

Hi All!

I'm looking at buying a set of tyres 195/55/15. Given my limited budget I dont have too many options but I still want to buy a good tyre.

Could you please let me know whether the Dunlop LM702 (Made in Japan ) tyre is a good one?

Thanks!

Yes DUNLOP is a good brand also you can't buy any other japaneese tyres for that price. DUNLOP is very comfortable and sound less but only thing is side wall is very thin and take care when you are going closed to pavements etc etc . Other wise tyre has good performances.

Always I go for japaneese dunlops. :rolleyes:

Hi All!

Thanks!

I got a quote a few months back for Kumho ECSTA (Made in Korea, not the chinese version) 205/55/R15. This is quite a good tyre and worthwhile considering, good handling on the dry and wet though supposedly a little bit noisy. The OHTSU falkens are also in the same price range (around 10 500 last time I checked).

Nankang NS II go around 1000 rupess less and has received positive reviews in this forum.

just a few others to add to the options list.

Hi All!

Thanks!

Hi Teejay

In my experience the LM series aren't that great. I had them on a Mazda and there was not much grip. The old Dunlop SPs were great. But I have no idea what the equalent code for those are these days.

10,500 is quite a good budget for a 15" tyre. As Don says the Kumho Ecstas are very good. Check for Thai made Michelins as well they are very good. Not sure how expensive Yokos are but they are great too. Check also for Hungarian made Pirellis at Amila. They seem good too and I've heard good reports from a friend. But I've yet to drive them.....

Avoid Bridgestone Turanzas. They have very little tread life. Potenzas are are very good.

Hi Teejay

In my experience the LM series aren't that great. I had them on a Mazda and there was not much grip. The old Dunlop SPs were great. But I have no idea what the equalent code for those are these days.

10,500 is quite a good budget for a 15" tyre. As Don says the Kumho Ecstas are very good. Check for Thai made Michelins as well they are very good. Not sure how expensive Yokos are but they are great too. Check also for Hungarian made Pirellis at Amila. They seem good too and I've heard good reports from a friend. But I've yet to drive them.....

Avoid Bridgestone Turanzas. They have very little tread life. Potenzas are are very good.

I'm Running Bridgestone Turanza 195/65/15s which i fitted in late 2005. Now 3 years and 30,000+ kms later they still have quite a fair bit of tread left !

Used a set of LM701s 13" on an earlier car and they were pretty good too.

Other car is running 14" Thailand made Dunlops (not LMs) but the tread life is rather dissappointing.

I'm Running Bridgestone Turanza 195/65/15s which i fitted in late 2005. Now 3 years and 30,000+ kms later they still have quite a fair bit of tread left !

Hmmm I had two sets on my (then) Mazda Familia Hatch and on my Alfa Giulia. They both vaporized faster than any other tyre I have used! But both set were 14" s on my car. 30k is great!

am i the only one who feels that could offer better grip?? :huh:

i'm inclined to say that i've been reasonably satisfied with Toyo, but dunno if anyone still brings them in..

I had Potenzas on my 500SEC (can't recall what came off the car). And that had huge grip although it could be the nature of the chassis. Lots of people rave about Potenzas to me. I guess the best way to decide whats the tyre with best grip is to drive the same cars with different tyres at a time.

I've heard that Toyos are very good. But never have experienced them......

I had Potenzas on my 500SEC (can't recall what came off the car). And that had huge grip although it could be the nature of the chassis. Lots of people rave about Potenzas to me. I guess the best way to decide whats the tyre with best grip is to drive the same cars with different tyres at a time.

I've heard that Toyos are very good. But never have experienced them......

true that...

it could well be the car, but just from the way it 'feels' i wish it would stick to the surface instead of gliding over it the moment you push..

Toyo's are rather soft, so wear was high and i recall the tire being a little prone to damage :mellow: bearable though

i have been using potenza's through out & i would say extrmely good handling, less noise & lovely grip , sadly now it has gone beyond my budget so had to settle for some thing cheaper.

today i got a set of nankang NS -II 's 205/55/16's at Rs. 10,960 each

what i heard about roadstone is it is very comfy, but the Side wall is too thin ITSEAMS, these were comments given by certain type dealers. otherwise these were costing about 1,500/= cheaper than Nankang.

you can try Olymic tyre center near Royal institure , they give good prices on Roadstones

Reviving this tread.

Anyone bought the new Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalins (EA01)? i believe these are the direct replacement for the G3/SO2 range.

A few reviews indicate massive dry grip, so-so wet, and that the soft compound is a nail-magnet.

Anyone else who can share some input??

has anyone bought toyo proxes in sl? seems like a really good tyre to me

used Toyo here - softer compound than the others - quiet n comfy , but wear can be high-ish

Agents used to be on Duplication Rd years n years ago - doubt there is a local agency anymore :(

used Toyo here - softer compound than the others - quiet n comfy , but wear can be high-ish

Agents used to be on Duplication Rd years n years ago - doubt there is a local agency anymore :(

i was gonna switch to toyo r1rs this time cos they are much cheaper than the potenza re040s and gIIIs. and seem to offer more or less the same performance.

even i tried to find the local agents online but it wasn't listed. so can someone please tell me if they are still in business?

if not is it possible to personally import tyres to sl? i think i read somewhere that there's a law saying you can't. :unsure:

i was gonna switch to toyo r1rs this time cos they are much cheaper than the potenza re040s and gIIIs. and seem to offer more or less the same performance.

even i tried to find the local agents online but it wasn't listed. so can someone please tell me if they are still in business?

if not is it possible to personally import tyres to sl? i think i read somewhere that there's a law saying you can't. :unsure:

Does it work out cheaper to do personal importing of a specific brand not available in SL?

I would think that once you add shipping costs, it may not make sense....unless you get a bulk shipment going...

If it does work out cheaper, i'd rather be getting Nittos which are supposedly brilliant street tires (Nitto is owned by toyo)...and runs circles around potenzas, yokos, etc...