• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Xbox

sira

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how long was that place located that bulding? i have heard too but some of them said that palce no longer avalable

Sira, some of these mod chips are solder free so it might be a DIY job.

But you need to consider the value of the XBox. I'm not sure how much they go for in SL but over here the price of a mod chip + a new HDD is above what you will pay for a used un-modded XBox.

The mod chips you need to solder in tend to be cheaper, around $25 or so I think. Is a place like Nastars able to do this job ?

Sira, some of these mod chips are solder free so it might be a DIY job.

But you need to consider the value of the XBox. I'm not sure how much they go for in SL but over here the price of a mod chip + a new HDD is above what you will pay for a used un-modded XBox.

The mod chips you need to solder in tend to be cheaper, around $25 or so I think. Is a place like Nastars able to do this job ?

yeah i heard of a mod chip that ypu plug in to ur memory card slot..it's probably more expensive than the solder one

Thanks for all of you Contributed my Question.

How ever after 2 weeks research i managed to fix my XBOX with out any mod chips or softmod.

i think it is only work OEM CD bot bit a trickey to softmod. So if you want any advice just let me kow

sira

• 5 months later...
Hi

I thinik it should be working. i not that much of experience person for PS2 but i think it shoud be

Sira

just got a new 360 :)

anybody know where i can get it modded to play those games available in SL???

found tutorials online for DIY's but it looks a lil complicated...

For once thought of buying original games but the pricing, shipping to get it to SL etc is putting me off :(

just got a new 360 :)

anybody know where i can get it modded to play those games available in SL???

found tutorials online for DIY's but it looks a lil complicated...

For once thought of buying original games but the pricing, shipping to get it to SL etc is putting me off :(

hi ripper...congrats mate! :)

no no machan dont DIY...the 360 is very delicate as it is...there are some shops who do that for you but i think it'll cost about 10k..pm me if you need the particulars

and machng it may not be a bad idea to purchase a cooling fan through ebay for the 360....i trust you did your research about the red ring of death eh.....

modding the machine may aggrevate the red ring of death problem.....and modded machines can never play online because you get banned from XBOX LIVE.....trust me online gaming is superfun,it actually doubles the value of the console.....bummer you couldnt join mani and me cos we're both playstation folk :(

some game reccomendations for the 360.....HALO 3(duh'),GTA 4,Forca 3,GRID,Colin Mcrae:dirt,assassins creed,bio hazard 2...

happy gaming dude!

hi ripper...congrats mate! :)

no no machan dont DIY...the 360 is very delicate as it is...there are some shops who do that for you but i think it'll cost about 10k..pm me if you need the particulars

and machng it may not be a bad idea to purchase a cooling fan through ebay for the 360....i trust you did your research about the red ring of death eh.....

modding the machine may aggrevate the red ring of death problem.....and modded machines can never play online because you get banned from XBOX LIVE.....trust me online gaming is superfun,it actually doubles the value of the console.....bummer you couldnt join mani and me cos we're both playstation folk :(

some game reccomendations for the 360.....HALO 3(duh'),GTA 4,Forca 3,GRID,Colin Mcrae:dirt,assassins creed,bio hazard 2...

happy gaming dude!

oh well... i got a ps2 too :)

chipped of course :)

I'm in the process of researching on the mod part for the 360. I doubt i'll be playing online at all cos finding time to play in itself is a huge challenge after kids and stuff :)

Got the IT guy in office also to help me out cos the modding part is only done to the DVD rom... just flashing the firmware gets the job done it seems and by the look of many online resources it aint that hard :)

But i've not made up my mind just yet whether to go ahead and mod it...

You know of a place i can buy original 360 games in SL?

most online stores i checked were not too practical due to shipping rates etc...

heard there was a place at lucky plaza...a place called super___ something...i cant remember..will try to find out..i've also got a ps2 that's broken...let me know if u guys find any good joint...

Supertronics ???? :unsure: i remember getting my old xbox cd-drive replaced from some joint just off duplication rd just before the army check point(not 100% sure)..may be you are also talking about the same place machan.That shop was in some sort of a very old shopping center.However, very good service. They had all the parts with them and returned my console back the same day. :)

stay away from the electronics repair shop near HSBC bamba...they will mess it up..

Edited by GearHead

You know of a place i can buy original 360 games in SL?

most online stores i checked were not too practical due to shipping rates etc...

nastars and panama traders...but panama is currently under investigation for possible links with the tigers.....bummer cos there's is the cheapest,but the store is still open....get halo or gta 4 with a xbox live account and you'll never need anyother game dude...it's that good...infact i havent even completed the gta4 single player mode yet,it's all been online multiplayer

still ebay is the best and the cheapest source machan...there's a ebay store called "offerhouse" which i buy my games from...they are very reliable and almost always deliver on time

Halo3 party sometime Ripper? :D

ado you any good?....

listen i heard that ground zero has relaunched itself with more consoles...hows about a gaming session?

Supertronics ???? :unsure: i remember getting my old xbox cd-drive replaced from some joint just off duplication rd just before the army check point(not 100% sure)..may be you are also talking about the same place machan.That shop was in some sort of a very old shopping center.However, very good service. They had all the parts with them and returned my console back the same day. :)

stay away from the electronics repair shop near HSBC bamba...they will mess it up..

yes it's supertronics i was talking about(at unity plaza)...i went there to repair my headphone set after that post....they are a bit pricey but the service is good :)

Halo3 party sometime Ripper? :D

not yet mate! i was a ps2 boy so getting used to the new box would take some time or else it'll be a walk over for you :) :)

got the 360 from my bro but it hasn't got even a single game with it...

can't seem to source good games here so it'll be online buying for me :(

gotta wait a few weeks before i can see any action on the 360...

anyways... you think Halo 3 would be region locked???

was checking online mostly on ebay and most sellers say that it wont work outside US :violent-smiley-099:

My TV is both PAL and NTSC compatible but not sure how the console is... It was bought in Dubai...

ado you any good?....

listen i heard that ground zero has relaunched itself with more consoles...hows about a gaming session?

decent :)

better on Halo2 i recon , at least its safe to say i know the maps better

yeah they've got new 360's now - i'm in there at least once a week given the close proximity to work! :D

i'm game - text me when your in town & we'll set something up bro deffa!

not yet mate! i was a ps2 boy so getting used to the new box would take some time or else it'll be a walk over for you :) :)

anyways... you think Halo 3 would be region locked???

oh i'm not one who's going to feel bad machan - i'll take the quasi walk over if i must - a win is a win when it comes to gaming :lol:

hmmm you could call up Ground Zero@ Excel world and then check what kinda set up they run - or will ask & let you know the next time i go there..

cuz they had warranties on their consoles so doubt they were chipped , but don't see them owning 4 original dvd's either...

will find out quietly , if a manage to remember! :)

Edited by Devinda_Z

oh i'm not one who's going to feel bad machan - i'll take the quasi walk over if i must - a win is a win when it comes to gaming :lol:

hmmm you could call up Ground Zero@ Excel world and then check what kinda set up they run - or will ask & let you know the next time i go there..

cuz they had warranties on their consoles so doubt they were chipped , but don't see them owning 4 original dvd's either...

will find out quietly , if a manage to remember! :)

ok gentlmen

thanks for the input... found out that all 360's are both pal and ntsc.... depends of what tv you got...

bought my first ever legit game from www.play-asia.com

Call of Duty 4 :)

With shipping it came to about 49US$... lil steep compared to the rs.300 odd pirated ones

ok gentlmen

thanks for the input... found out that all 360's are both pal and ntsc.... depends of what tv you got...

bought my first ever legit game from www.play-asia.com

Call of Duty 4 :)

With shipping it came to about 49US$... lil steep compared to the rs.300 odd pirated ones

good choice ripper.....that game is a modern day classic....cod5:world at war is nothing compared to cod 4

hey machan isnt the price a little too steep?...there are new sealed games on ebay for about 20 dollars(plus about 14 dollars for shipping) :unsure:

good choice ripper.....that game is a modern day classic....cod5:world at war is nothing compared to cod 4

hey machan isnt the price a little too steep?...there are new sealed games on ebay for about 20 dollars(plus about 14 dollars for shipping) :unsure:

not COD 4 mate...

i searched and searched and searched on ebay and got nothing below $50 + shipping...

even few used once i was watching went around 35-50$...

COD seems to be in very high demand...

THe ebay store you recommended too didn't have COD...