• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Next Nsx To Challenege Ferrari's And Lambo's

Overdrive

machan i have some nice phot's but my camera is 8 Megapixel so the images take so long to upload. I am trying to re size it with acdsee8, hope for the best?

Just some of the cars on display

q17vz.jpg

q24qo.jpg

HEHEHE...Those lights are one of a kind...replacing them is a costly job..!!! :huh:

in ur part of the world they do plenty of bulb replacements dont they? Any uni cars with replacement bulbs? .....

• 2 weeks later...

Next Acura NSX Has Ferrari F430 in Its Sights

Date posted: 03-22-2006

acuransx6kb.jpg

Honda is reportedly working on the next Acura NSX, basing it on the HSC concept car from 2003 (pictured). (Photo courtesy of Honda)

TOKYO — Work on Honda's replacement for the much loved Acura NSX supercar is progressing, and Honda has Ferrari's F430 in its sights with the new car.

Prototypes are already testing in Japan, according to company insiders, and the car is said to be based on the stunning HSC concept car of 2003. The car's styling is said to preview an all-new design direction for Honda's U.S. upscale brand, Acura. But different drivetrain layouts are under evaluation: midengined (like the old NSX) and front-engined prototypes are reportedly being tested.

The new model is designed to challenge the Ferrari F430, the Lamborghini Gallardo and the forthcoming Lexus supercar, and Honda wants to reinforce its race-bred Formula 1 credibility with the car, which is expected to hit showrooms in 2009.

Power is expected to come from a high-revving, normally aspirated 500-hp, V10 engine, with electronically controlled all-wheel drive derived from the next-generation Legend sedan.

What this means to you: The old NSX is a hard act to follow, but Honda's engineers are undoubtedly up to the task. [/color]

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GOD how could i ever have missed this for so long, this made my day :grinning-smiley-003::):)

• 2 months later...

i saw this HSC in birmingham...quite nice though the rear is terrible...

well i guess now we have a clear idea about who's next follow the link http://car-reviews.automobile.com/Car/revi...werplant/1341/1

the 330hp V6 HSC is not gonna head into market, the allocated money go hybrid projects... the real sucessor come only in V10 450hp'ish and the engine is not gonaa be as powerful as M5 or 6

• 1 year later...

Spy shots of the NSX

nsxspy1ft3.jpg

nsxspy1ft3.ac2ad5109a.jpg

sadly unlike the old one the new NSX will have the engine up front :mellow: but what the exact engine will be is still up in the air - rumours are that a V10 might be thrown in! :blink:

Getting rid of the mid-ship set up also gives room for 2 more seats making it a tad more practical that its predecessor.some talk of the car being 4WD has been circulating as well! :o

nsxspy4jd8.jpg

nsxspy4jd8.4a88070858.jpg

Which ever way the car isn't due till 2009 - but its competition in the form of the Italian and German supercars and the home country rivalm the GTR have already lined up!

nsxspy3rh2.jpg

nsxspy3rh2.75293f12c9.jpg

There few rumours on the new NSX.

A F1 inspired V10 i-vtec power plant is supposed produce 550HP which will be put on all 4 wheels. Also according to carscoop blog the NSX is rumored to have lapped the famous Nurburgring race track in 7 minutes and 37 seconds very close to Nissan's GT-R.

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/06/proto...ed-to-have.html

At the same time Nissan is testing the GT-R V-spec.... Love to see how the NSX & the GT-R V spec will battle each other.

Edited by dinosh

There few rumours on the new NSX.

A F1 inspired V10 i-vtec power plant is supposed produce 550HP which will be put on all 4 wheels. Also according to carscoop blog the NSX is rumored to have lapped the famous Nurburgring race track in 7 minutes and 37 seconds very close to Nissan's GT-R.

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/06/proto...ed-to-have.html

At the same time Nissan is testing the GT-R V-spec.... Love to see how the NSX & the GT-R V spec will battle each other.

looks like the Japs are really taking the fight to the europeans! :)

why is it that the Japs tend to shy away from the Mid Engined set up?? :huh:

.....Especially when they built a great one like the NSX......! Maybe they want to make money on this one as well being a halo car. Blame the US again!!!

what the hell is it with everyone and these 'one on top of the other' quad pipes!?! :o

phpicpqdppreviewok4.jpg

phpicpqdppreviewok4.c5e98e6376.jpg

everyones got em?! :blink:

phpguw5eppreviewqm8.jpg

phpguw5eppreviewqm8.9550e37ea0.jpg

Thanks for the close-up pic of the rear end. For me the upper part of the rear seems to be inspired from Porsche...

I prefer the 'side by side' placement for the quad pipe exhaust set-up.

I prefer the 'side by side' placement for the quad pipe exhaust set-up.

This seems to be the latest trend. It does not suit all rear ends though and I would prefer the NSX to have the conventional arrangement as well.

TVR had some interesting tail pipe arrangements as does Pagani :blink:

picture152ih8.jpg

Good to see NSX back, not really a WOW car, maybe it is due to the details not outlined yet..

Rear from Porsche (with a deploying spoiler) ? yea looks a bit like that.. wonder what will be the price tag???

550BHP with AWD will be a good one :rolleyes: looks like GTR have to watch the step!

This seems to be the latest trend. It does not suit all rear ends though and I would prefer the NSX to have the conventional arrangement as well.

TVR had some interesting tail pipe arrangements as does Pagani :blink:

picture152ih8.jpg

Designers are making even the exhaust pipe setup a part of the design of the car... its a good idea afterall...!!

Found a video clip of the new NSX on youtube....love the sound of that engine..

The V10 sounds great! I hope they don't mess up the looks. Beneath the disguise I see the face of a Camry at the front.