• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lanka Ashok Leyland Stallion 4x4

Velocity

Sadly They do not sell it to the Public......

I think our own Unicorns are based on this vehicle., earlier it was supposedly based on the Nissan Diesel UD. But with high costs now these are used nowadays. Engine is from Hino if am not mistaken (thus the H series).

Well they can go fast as well, I was following one on my way to work one day and he was keeping a constant 80kmph till he turned off at the junction where you turn off towards the Leyland factory.

I think our own Unicorns are based on this vehicle., earlier it was supposedly based on the Nissan Diesel UD. But with high costs now these are used nowadays. Engine is from Hino if am not mistaken (thus the H series).

Well they can go fast as well, I was following one on my way to work one day and he was keeping a constant 80kmph till he turned off at the junction where you turn off towards the Leyland factory.

machan they have the comet 4x4 for sale ( not sure if its sold to the public )

http://www.lal.lk/trucks.html

machan do you think engine power is sufficient being at 6 cylinders

Machan, Unibuffels are based on TATA 4x4 Truck AFAIK. don't know whether they switched to ASHOK Leyland now.

Atleast few are available with SL forces.Can expect them through public auctions after 10 years :D

MINIACE

Mostly TATA's I think., havent seen much of Leylands.

Ruslan, macho cant confirm on the chassis but I can tell you they carry the lights and such of the Leyland.

Velocity, it should be enough to get you out of the mud., it should be enough as the most important factor is torque - Max torque 38.5kgm = 377.5Nm @ 1500rpm, thats pretty good considering the Defender 300Tdi engine pumps out only 111bhp and 265Nm of torque. And you maybe able to get the other engine the turbo charged.

Oh btw found this nice site that helps you to convert figures - http://www.onlineconversion.com/torque.htm

Edited by Gummybr

it should be enough as the most important factor is torque - Max torque 38.5kgm = 377.5Nm @ 1500rpm, thats pretty good considering the Defender 300Tdi engine pumps out only 111bhp and 265Nm of torque. And you maybe able to get the other engine the turbo charged.

hmmm but the ole Landy is a lot lighter...

:unsure: aren't those 6 cyl motors in the buses turbo charged?? :huh:

hmmm but the ole Landy is a lot lighter...

:unsure: aren't those 6 cyl motors in the buses turbo charged?? :huh:

Well but still that competes very well in the mud... considering the fact that they are the most sort after engine for Land Rovers for competition purposes. And a 110 weighs in around 2.0T with driver and fuel load., dont think these are much heavier than that....must check though.

No idea mate., but havent felt the turbo coming on. Even today one bus guy was overtaking me somewhere near Kohuwela and he did take a considerable time to do it, but downhill he was fast. Tata buses do have the Turbo engine if I aint mistaken and thus makes that weird noise.

• 3 weeks later...
well worthy of investigation!

wonder what kinda Turbo's those things use and how long they last given the kinda running those things do!? :huh:

The Leyland do use Turbo engines on their buses according to the website.

No idea about the Tata's but they use the cummins turbo engines

BTW I saw one of the 4x4 Leyland chassis cabs on 31st night heading towards Panagoda factory... the Headlight was so up there it was lighting up the road ahead of me when i overtook him.... the lights were higher than my car roof.

And people do respect that sort of beast as you cannot do any damage to large chunks of metal...