• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Volvo Experts

chami0075

Hello,

i need to buy Volvo S80, 1993-2003, engine and gearbox (Engine no: B5204T4).

please help to find it for me. if anybody know best place to check letme know.

not the volvo dealer, they were very very expensive.

may be you guys know best volvo machanics too

please inform,

thanks

chami.

wtf??? how did that happen? didnt you notice that when you bought it? thats one f*cked up swap.

are u only looking for a b520 engine? you could easily find a b524 or a b525. i dont think the fuel consumption will suffer much. the engine you qouted had 160 bhp. i think you'll be able to find something in a similar range. and since most these engines are the same class there wont be a difference in mounting points. unless the guy who did the swap ruined the engine bay as well. just make sure u dont end up with a 250 bhp t5.

i think the best place to find such an engine would be the www. i found a few really good ones last nite on ebay with prices ranging from £400 to £3000 here in the uk. make sure they can ship the engine to sl before u buy it. im sure u'll find a lot more engines in sweden.

one quick question though. how much did the agents qoute for a new engine?

Sorry for deviating from the topic I’ve noticed that the Volvo showroom is in a sorry state plus I don’t see that many Volvos in the roads either. I remember back in the days S 80’s, and 60’s were quite a common site. Is the agent in a financial turbulence or has he simply decided to give up?

I’ve noticed that the Volvo showroom is in a sorry state plus I don’t see that many Volvos in the roads either. I remember back in the days S 80’s, and 60’s were quite a common site. Is the agent in a financial turbulence or has he simply decided to give up?

initially most of the S80's were Diesels brought in on BOI permits

there was an influx of S60's which also had some duty concession connection..

i believe it was somehwere around late 2007 when Sweedish Trading decided to stop full scale promotion of the Volvo brand - thier last showing was the display of the new S80 at a car show

Since then afaik they've stuck to a policy whereby an individual can order a volvo car through them but they do not carry any new stock.

I'm not entirely sure if they offer any support for the new cars but there havent been any new gen volvo's sold here from that which i've heard.

they made an attempt to cater to the unreg car mkt by importing used cars (mostly S60's) from various markets back in 2005 soon after the tax hike

hi,

some idiot has change engine to japanies toyota vista engine.

so i need to restore this car back to original.

please help me to find engine, gear box and some body parts

thanks

chami

That's certainly is an idiot!! There are few fellow's who plant Jap engines into European cars for easy maintenence.

Check on the engine mounts as this guy would have messed with the engine bay as mounting positions are different. I do not know a mechanic specialized for handling Volvo's but you better take the car to person who is capable handling Volvo's & get his verdict as well since there may be more requirements than the engine & gear box itself.

In case you have a friend or relation in europe get them to check the availability of the engine & gear box.

hi,

don't even talk about Volvo showroom. rubbish, they don’t have anything.

Volvo is one of the best cars when you considering safety, comfort etc, but in Sri Lanka it was other way around. People don’t want to buy, because of the spare parts problems. Don’t know they will sell agent ship to someone can do properly.

Regarding my car, I will restore to original buy bringing down parts from UK. I think that is the only option I left with.

Chami.

Machan Chami0075!

Im confused with few stuff here.Whats your attraction towards this Half-Volvo.Whats so important of buying this meticulously destroyed example?when you can hit upon good S80s.

Remember its not an easy job re-implanting a Volvo engine .Swapping with another make engine is more practical in this case.I doubt about the suitability of 1NZFE or 2NZ engine.For sure its under-powered for this 1800kg giant.That maybe the reason its up for sale.Swapping is the only solution many S80 owners found.

Let me list few S80 problems we came across.Lot of computer problems occur due to incompability to local conditions and fuel.Mostly car ends up in 'LIMP HOME MODE'.You need company assistance to restore.Here we talk of big $$$$$$!! Current software upgrades are not available with agents to cure many snags.

Brakes,Heating,suspension problems are other common S80 snags.

Choice is yours..Good luck!!

MINIACE

machan,

In away your right. but i got this car for a only book value. body and rest of it is perfect. just the engine and gear box is the problem. they have fitted Toyota Camry 2L, TD engine. but i would like to run it as orignal car. mmmmmmmmm

you made me think...............

well do you think, i should run as it is? what about the value of the car. don't u think it will well worth it with the orignal engine?

pls advice,

chami

Dear Bro,

Don't expect to recover expenditures by selling the car. Second hand market in here is very low.

Our company had one s60 diesel one ane and gave problem from the day it purchased at last it was sold recently only for 12 lacks. (I think that car was assembled in some where out of sweden) :angry:

machan,

In away your right. but i got this car for a only book value. body and rest of it is perfect. just the engine and gear box is the problem. they have fitted Toyota Camry 2L, TD engine. but i would like to run it as orignal car. mmmmmmmmm

well do you think, i should run as it is? what about the value of the car. don't u think it will well worth it with the orignal engine?

pls advice,

chami

Do yourself a favor. Sell her. Use that money to buy a B13 if all else fails and lead a trouble free/minimum life..... you are about to open a can of worms my friend trying to restore 'originality' to a mass produced headache. Cut your losses.

machan,

pls advice,

chami

machang presuming you bought it because you loved to own a volvo and not just any car... i would never advice you to sell it and go for a jap car...granted, you may then get a very reliable car but i doubt you'l have fun with it,because you are a volvo man at heart.

if you want to install a volvo engine badly,by all means go for it...just don't expect it increase the value of the car a lot or make it more sell-able....my advice is(the purerists would have me hanged for this) is to keep it as it is...you'll get the toyota reliability together with the volvo image,just don't open the bonnet in front of anyone :lol: good luck :)

what i think you should do is get a D24 engine for it cos i bet the car is already registered as a diesel. and trust me its a really good engine. i think the whole transplant may cost u upto 1-1.5 mil. as for the resale value, well i'd worry about it when its time to sell it.

but hey thats just my opinion. if we broke it we can mend it too.

machan,

pls advice,

chami

just to enhance my knowledge what do you mean by 'book value'?

machan,

my friend were saying same thing. run it as it is, but don't open the bonnet. engine is just one years old, runs perfectly. parts readily available. interior and exterior very good.

I should live as it is.

thanks for the advice.

chami.

i'll sum it up with two simple age old adages that go :

"don't trouble the trouble , till the trouble troubles you"

and

"if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

:lol: