• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Kilinochchi Has Fallen

Velocity

What hapend in 1996 to 1999 period was totally different thing, thosedays piolitions gave direct orders to capture this and that place and after capturing the killi government gave orders to attack fullstrength to other areas, anyway if army capture all the land im sure government will go for provincial council election and get some easy votes, ( typical sri lanka shit politics ?

Whatever hapend i dnt think no one will be intrested or take a risk to change constitution and do somethn different, in Sl sinhalese people have he prioraty so does anyone think any Sinhala guy or politition will go ahead and say we share the same with tamil and muslim ?? No i dnt think so, thats the truth, if we capture all the land there will not be any constitution change, as i know to change constitution parliment need 2/3 votes, so its not posible

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think GFX simply failed to express his view clearly. I think (correct me if I’m wrong gihan) what he meant to say is he don’t recommend/support a ceasefire or peace talks at this moment. He would rather wait till the remaining enemy territory is captured.

in 1999 i bacame a peace hater, i cant mention exact reasons here and i cant mention the names too, cus those days war was handled by somone .................. Family etc, there is a reason but cant mention

What hapend in 1996 to 1999 period was totally different thing, thosedays piolitions gave direct orders to capture this and that place and after capturing the killi government gave orders to attack fullstrength to other areas, anyway if army capture all the land im sure government will go for provincial council election and get some easy votes, ( typical sri lanka shit politics ?

First of all I did mention about the 2/3 majority as an assumption before stating my theory. Secondly you need to read up a bit more about history of sri lankan politics. A good place to start will be the events that took place from 1977 to 1979.

Whatever hapend i dnt think no one will be intrested or take a risk to change constitution and do somethn different, in Sl sinhalese people have he prioraty so does anyone think any Sinhala guy or politition will go ahead and say we share the same with tamil and muslim ?? No i dnt think so, thats the truth, if we capture all the land there will not be any constitution change, as i know to change constitution parliment need 2/3 votes, so its not posible

I completely failed to understand your comment on sinhala people sharing things with tamils and muslims. My theory was if the government is to change the constitution when they have a 2/3 majority, will be to strengthen the executive. Most probably in the form of allowing one to contest more than twice in a presidential race or even increasing the number of years one can serve as the president.

in 1999 i bacame a peace hater, i cant mention exact reasons here and i cant mention the names too, cus those days war was handled by somone .................. Family etc, there is a reason but cant mention

not so different from today

The way I see it if the government go for a snap election now they are sure to win. but if they continue to neglect the country’s economy as they have been doing now people will soon forget about all the war victories and they are sure to lose the next general election which will be held in 5-6 years time (hopefully the main opposition will have a more charismatic leader by then).

that is very much possible,a good example is the american presidential election,no matter how much the republicans kept selling the war and mcains experience the economy was the deciding factor in the end,our people too will tighten their belts to some extent for the sake of our country and for peace,but if they go on neglecting the economy as MR & Co. is doing right now,theoratically it won't be long before people will vote for a candidate or party with a better economic policy.I emphasize the word "theoratically" because the sri lanken voters are a very unpredicteble bunch.

As for your charismatic leader from the opposotion,I can think of one,but I won't mention his name because there were some contradicting posts on another thread regarding the actions of his parentage.

First of all I did mention about the 2/3 majority as an assumption before stating my theory. Secondly you need to read up a bit more about history of sri lankan politics. A good place to start will be the events that took place from 1977 to 1979.

I completely failed to understand your comment on sinhala people sharing things with tamils and muslims. My theory was if the government is to change the constitution when they have a 2/3 majority, will be to strengthen the executive. Most probably in the form of allowing one to contest more than twice in a presidential race or even increasing the number of years one can serve as the president.

xXx i think you got my point. but its not going to be as smooth as that. there will be people waiting to object. people who actually helped this government win.

As for your charismatic leader from the opposotion,I can think of one,but I won't mention his name because there were some contradicting posts on another thread regarding the actions of his parentage.

ah yes i remember that - but again most points aired were with substance to back them up.

its just that there don't seem to be any others who have charisma and the actual ability to get things done...only time will tell..

I’m with the issue of joy over victories! True enough we gained more towns and lands. True enough is a great victory but look whos praised.For the next few weeks its nothing but Govt politicians blaring on media of a private triumph and banging opposition and tagging them as loyalist of LTTE.

We are a nation never learned lessons from the past and full of aspirant but in no way patriots and adore ferociousness! I mean it. Even our parliamentarian Monks urge killings of "enemies" and absolutely pro-blood shed type!

How many of you tried to find out how many of our guys killed and injured? How many are categorized MIA for the past four weeks? How many P1 category casualties were abandoned to die because we don’t have proper evacuation facilities?For many everythings just a peace march and very conveniently forgotten the losses. For most, losses are an essential and an anticipated element of war.

The actual facts are utterly bitter. But show must go on for the benefit of many!!

MINIACE

I’m with the issue of joy over victories! True enough we gained more towns and lands. True enough is a great victory but look whos praised.For the next few weeks its nothing but Govt politicians blaring on media of a private triumph and banging opposition and tagging them as loyalist of LTTE.

We are a nation never learned lessons from the past and full of aspirant but in no way patriots and adore ferociousness! I mean it. Even our parliamentarian Monks urge killings of "enemies" and absolutely pro-blood shed type!

How many of you tried to find out how many of our guys killed and injured? How many are categorized MIA for the past four weeks? How many P1 category casualties were abandoned to die because we don’t have proper evacuation facilities?For many everythings just a peace march and very conveniently forgotten the losses. For most, losses are an essential and an anticipated element of war.

The actual facts are utterly bitter. But show must go on for the benefit of many!!

MINIACE

well said

How many of you tried to find out how many of our guys killed and injured? How many are categorized MIA for the past four weeks?

i have,from the minute i got the news,the one thing i wanted to know was how many of our guys died,so far no satisfactory answers,...the funny thing is the war-mongers are speechless when someone asks that question from them,they have no idea how many of our guys died,but they know exactly how many of the tigers died.

xXx got a massive point.

me, being a sri lankan tamil, am not pro-ltte so i wud like to tell this.

most of my frnds frm the north are actually scared that they wud be treated as slaves wen the areas are liberated.

they feel that there won't be any equity. They hav talked about being treated poorly and maybe i cant say anything to that cos i dun hav first hand experience as any of you.

i was born in cmb and hav a cmb ID. so that's their main fear. so the gov shld treat them properly so that their idea will change and their cause will seem unnecessary.

on the war...

wt many is expecting is that the terrorists are concentrating their firepower to a smaller area, maybe puthukudiyiruppu, and then inflict as much damage as possible to the forces. just a possiblility but if that happens, it will be deadly :(

NPP i have to agree with you. even i foresaw this. but there's a saying that sinhalese forget anything in 2 weeks. so i hope we actually do :P

sorry to go racial but i'm not very fond of the tamils here. they are all pro ltte cos they got eelam symbols and statements all over their msns and fbs. i dont hate ltte supporters cos even though we consider them as bad people, i think they are just normal like us its just what they do for a living that makes them bad. but if they want to be friends with us they should never bring up this subject in normal conversation. but they do. there's this one bell*nd who cant stop bragging about their so called achievments. i mean wtf? i dont ever go "hahaha we blew off Mr. selvans arse" i always treat them like my fellow countrymen. my point is the whole eelam likes to brag about what they've done. and its especially annoying when they've done nothing. so if the tamils who support ltte showed a little modesty i'm sure the sinhalese would recieve them with open arms.

NPP i have to agree with you. even i foresaw this. but there's a saying that sinhalese forget anything in 2 weeks. so i hope we actually do :P

sorry to go racial but i'm not very fond of the tamils here. they are all pro ltte cos they got eelam symbols and statements all over their msns and fbs. i dont hate ltte supporters cos even though we consider them as bad people, i think they are just normal like us its just what they do for a living that makes them bad. but if they want to be friends with us they should never bring up this subject in normal conversation. but they do. there's this one bell*nd who cant stop bragging about their so called achievments. i mean wtf? i dont ever go "hahaha we blew off Mr. selvans arse" i always treat them like my fellow countrymen. my point is the whole eelam likes to brag about what they've done. and its especially annoying when they've done nothing. so if the tamils who support ltte showed a little modesty i'm sure the sinhalese would recieve them with open arms.

quite tru and hav to agree

moreover, yea the ones who fled abroad are like that maybe..

its cos they've 'suffered' a lot? :violent-smiley-030:

im in no position to tell wht they've gone thru but that's wht i keep on hearing. but i can assure that the ones here are not much of a pain since they're aware of the 'current situation' :rolleyes:

yet not many are of the view that they will be treated properly wen the whole terrain is captured.

only justifiable reason for their behaviour is this...

i cant comment further cos the only piece of proper info i hav about this whole issue is a ppt presentation which was a forward, and i hav no idea how much of it is true. :action-smiley-060:

im sorry but the reason my sudden fury is that somebody attempted to set fire to the kingsbury temple on friday night. those w*nkers dont even know how to set fire to a house properly. and this is, im qouting the 6th time someone caused damage to the temple in the in the past few months. my worry is that its a slightly similar event that started that 1983 conflict. if the pro-ltte tamils here love their sri lankan brothers and sisters so much they should think of the consequences before doing something for a moment of glory. cos im ashamed to say the sinhalese would love to use any excuse to turn over a few vehicles and burn down a few houses. i wouldnt dream of getting involved in such a conflict if one was to happen again. but my fellow sinhalese would certainly be less kind. and sadly its innocent bystanders like you who'll pay the price.

im sorry but the reason my sudden fury is that somebody attempted to set fire to the kingsbury temple on friday night. those w*nkers dont even know how to set fire to a house properly. and this is, im qouting the 6th time someone caused damage to the temple in the in the past few months. my worry is that its a slightly similar event that started that 1983 conflict. if the pro-ltte tamils here love their sri lankan brothers and sisters so much they should think of the consequences before doing something for a moment of glory. cos im ashamed to say the sinhalese would love to use any excuse to turn over a few vehicles and burn down a few houses. i wouldnt dream of getting involved in such a conflict if one was to happen again. but my fellow sinhalese would certainly be less kind. and sadly its innocent bystanders like you who'll pay the price.

get ur point, but we'll stop here, or it'll go nowhere in an automotive forum :action-smiley-060:

xXx got a massive point.

me, being a sri lankan tamil, am not pro-ltte so i wud like to tell this.

most of my frnds frm the north are actually scared that they wud be treated as slaves wen the areas are liberated.

they feel that there won't be any equity. They hav talked about being treated poorly and maybe i cant say anything to that cos i dun hav first hand experience as any of you.

i was born in cmb and hav a cmb ID. so that's their main fear. so the gov shld treat them properly so that their idea will change and their cause will seem unnecessary.

on the war...

wt many is expecting is that the terrorists are concentrating their firepower to a smaller area, maybe puthukudiyiruppu, and then inflict as much damage as possible to the forces. just a possiblility but if that happens, it will be deadly :(

NPP,

Glad to see your view as a Tamil. Although I have Tamil friends they never openly discuss these things. . As a Tamil, do you think that Tamils are discriminated by the Sinhalese? I know that there were some wrongdoings by SWRD’s Sinhala only policy and JR’s Black July of the past. But at the same time we must not forget that Tamil politicians also contributed a lot to divert the country in that direction. ( For example chelvanyagam’s 50-50 demand ). But as of now is there any discrimination against Tamils?. (I have a genuine interest know them and I would accept them if you can point out)

Other thing is, I can’t understand why your friends in north, feels they would be treated like slaves by GOSL? Do they enjoy the freedom in the hands of LTTE right now?

NPP,

Glad to see your view as a Tamil. Although I have Tamil friends they never openly discuss these things. . As a Tamil, do you think that Tamils are discriminated by the Sinhalese? I know that there were some wrongdoings by SWRD’s Sinhala only policy and JR’s Black July of the past. But at the same time we must not forget that Tamil politicians also contributed a lot to divert the country in that direction. ( For example chelvanyagam’s 50-50 demand ). But as of now is there any discrimination against Tamils?. (I have a genuine interest know them and I would accept them if you can point out)

Other thing is, I can’t understand why your friends in north, feels they would be treated like slaves by GOSL? Do they enjoy the freedom in the hands of LTTE right now?

SWRD's Sinhala only policy is right, its the main language, In Sri lanka most of the applications and other stuff are printed on 3 main languages but in other countries its totally different, there is no issues between sinhalese, tamils and muslims in Sl, its a stuid thing that prabakan created to devide SL in to two,

But now cus of the war tamils are having hard time, they cant work in Colombo and if they working at some place they need to registed at police station,

There is no issue beteen Sinhalese and tamils in SL, its all political crap

yet not many are of the view that they will be treated properly wen the whole terrain is captured.

This subject is one which i choose generally never to get involved in or even comment on , but since you came forward NPP, i hope you don't mind answering a very earnest question :

you made mention the concerns that those in the North have regarding their treatment...

As a Tamil living in Colombo, has their ever been a time that you have been openly harassed or discriminated against here in the 'south' , which for all intents & purposes is very much under 'govt control' ?

i ask this very respectfully , not so as to instigate anything , but merely to find out the views held by an individual of another enthnicity , who purely on a statistical basis would be considerd a minority in but certain geographical regions of this island

In Sri lanka most of the applications and other stuff are printed on 3 main languages but in other countries its totally different,

equality and equity need to be propogated for the furtherment of civil society

You will have noticed that most other countries have what can only be known as a common medium of instruction , which in most cases takes the form of a universal language such as english.

In other nations where single language policies exist it can safely be noted that there is no notable presence of any ethnic minorities but rather a single race present (ex: China , Japan)

the reality of the matter is, be it for better or worse, whether certain segments of the population want ot accept it or not , Sri Lanka is a multi enthic , multi religious society - thats just plain fact

the sooner people are ready to yeid to that statistic , get over themselves and thier egos , the sooner everyone levels the playing field and unites to build a better Sri Lanka

as much as each of us will carry a Sri Lankan ID or passport , one thing everyone would have realized after this whole global debacle is that each of us , like it or not , is a global citizen! (if we weren't we wouldn't be feeling the ripples right now would we)

so though the micro issue of what happens to nation etc etc is true , we shouldn't forget or neglect the macro issues of how our island copes with everything from international trade , diplomacy to the environment!

...& who knows as time goes by and if some climate boffin is right and the island goes underwater thanks to some polluting industrial super power, ~

then what - Singhalese , Tamil , Muslim or Burgher , none of us will have a home!

whatever,

i hav fallen into deep shit among sm f ma tamil frnds by talkn abt this openly :violent-smiley-099:

& devinda,

talkn abt discrimination, i already mentioned that i hav never been to that part of the island and how things are there. but this is wht my frnds here @ uni tell me. maybe they hav faced hardships. but they do agree that the ltte is no better either. some agree that jaffna has developed much with the hands of the SLA!

whenever i talk abt this they point out that i hav a cmb ID and that's why i dun hav a prob wen doin things here. :action-smiley-060:

i personally hav not been discriminated openly. (wherever i go, no one easily identifies me as a tamil ;) )

wht actually is happening is that because of the war, weneva a cop sees an ID with a northern birthplace, they get alert :angry-smiley-048:

neways, hope i wont be discriminated when it comes to marriage :rolleyes:

and yea, i dont mind you calling me a minority tamil. im open to all those stuff. no issues :rolleyes:

I think we need to forget what Happend in the Past,

If we do not forget the Past we will be on this page forever. ( Though we can learn a lot from the Past Mistakes )

Its a New Generation with loads of understanding and respect for different cultures,

Its old ass donkey politicians who made this rift ( FOR POLITICAL GAIN ) and our stupid citizens still fall for it. ( All Ethnicity's )

Our Parliament still is ruled by Ancient Ass Holes who do not know what to do. I only have the respect for Mahinda, Basil and Gotabaya. Other than that all the others are just jokers from the past.

No knowlegde in what they are doing. I think our system will never change unless they make it compulsory for at least a Degree Holder with some English knowledge to go to the parliment.

We only have ball sucking henchmen on both sides.... thats all.....

More to the point, you can't stop new blood joining the cause until that cause is eliminated. Which can't be eliminated completely.

True and agree 100%. The only way is to give the North and East people their civil lives back and let them take a taste of living without the fear of war and death! I'm sure they will eventually decide against war, and the much needed ground support for guerrillas will cease to exist. Then only this bloodshed will end for ever.

wht actually is happening is that because of the war, weneva a cop sees an ID with a northern birthplace, they get alert :angry-smiley-048:

your spot on about that fact machan :(

i experienced this first hand when travelling with someone who was born up north - it was totally irrational of them to do so, but some persons at a check point got totally alarmed by an 80 year old lady who had been living in colombo pretty much all her life and was married to a singhalese gentleman & as such even had a very traditional sinhalese surname.

that day i realized the kind of trauma someone might have to face in such a situation for no apparent reason or fault of thier own.

this individual hailed from the era of english education and as such has a poor comman of tamil & singhalese - had i not been there to smile and explain the situation to the persons at the checkpoint things i fear would not have been anywhere near as straight forward as it ended up being :mellow: