• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Jeeps

Santhu

Crishan, you are the only godaya on AutoLanka.

Oh Cali, forgot to mention that your Uncle who is my neighbour owns a Allion which is much more expensive than the house + the land value he lives in. Oh my word, this neighbour of mine & you jointly make my day.

• Like 1

Read again.

Oh sorry for that. You keep shifting focus of the topic faster than my old Futaba FHSS radio system hops frequencies, makes it difficult to follow the flow.

Pericles good friend Crosswind tries to fight the correct facts in the above post with his own wrong information.

You wanna see some wrong information, this is it right here.

Fact : Never even met Crosswind, haven't the slightest idea who he is.

This thread perfectly demonstrates how you and your friends Watchman, Crosswind and Crishan bring the AutoLanka forum down below the standards of the international forums.

Thanks almost exclusively to you and your friends, Americans who've looked though this forum laugh at and mock AutoLanka and call AutoLanka 'the only forum on the internet where the wrong information is considered right and the right information is considered wrong' and a ' banana republic car forum'.

Thanks again Pericles for making your own petty grudges and grievances more important than the correct information and facts.

And I've never met Crishan or have the faintest idea who he is either.

And no one here cares about your imaginary American friends. You really need to see a pshrink about these voices in your head.

Pericles and his friends then support the wrong information and try to suppress the correct information by attacking the person who delivered the correct information.

Pericles and his friends behave just like corrupt Sri Lankan politicians.

But honestly, this is the best one. Apparently saying someones posts are allowed to stay due to freedom of speech is suppression and behaving like corrupt SL Politicians.

I mean, I really expected his ignorance to end somewhere, but no, after hitting the rock bottom, he's trying to break thru the rock with dynamite.

Somebody needed aid? :) Man, this guy is stupider than a bunch of rocks. :)

Someone had to look hard to find fault in Sylvi's English? Thats one of the few things thats even easier than pointing out how stupid Cali is.

Write what you will Pericles, but bottom line, you don't meet standards.

Jrh07NQ.jpg

Jrh07NQ.jpg

Your TTAC website mentions the following also:

No copypaste: Do not copy material from other sources, and do not post them as a comment. Brief quotes, with the source acknowledged, are ok.

... now what original content have you posted in the past??? your international-standard posts have always been copy-paste or downloaded pics

The bottom line is, if you are in Autolanka, follow Autolanka standards, not your international barbie-girl standards. If you preach about those international barbie-girl standards, follow them to the book, before preaching.

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 3

Your TTAC website mentions the following also:

No copypaste: Do not copy material from other sources, and do not post them as a comment. Brief quotes, with the source acknowledged, are ok.

... now what original content have you posted in the past??? your international-standard posts have always been copy-paste or downloaded pics

The bottom line is, if you are in Autolanka, follow Autolanka standards, not your international barbie-girl standards. If you preach about those international barbie-girl standards, follow them to the book, before preaching.

So now you're trying to equate and put the behavior of Pericles, a moderator of this forum who regularly engages in immature unprofessional toxic behavior ( harassing forum members, name-calling, personally attacking forum members) on the same level as the act of posting photos of cars ?

Jrh07NQ.jpg

I'm sorry to have to be the one to point this out to you, moron, but you aren't the one who determines standards around here. This isn't TTAC. And at this dinner party, the mods are the hosts. And what you are doing with this post is attacking the host. The only reason you are still here after all this is coz I am a patient host, but I also have to point out, my patience isn't limitless.

So now you're trying to equate and put the behavior of Pericles, a moderator of this forum who regularly engages in immature unprofessional toxic behavior ( harassing forum members, name-calling, personally attacking forum members) on the same level as the act of posting photos of cars ?

No, moron, he is not equating me to you. There is no rational plane for that to ever happen. He is pointing out that YOU are violating YOUR standards. There is no mention of me anywhere there.

Seriously, you need professional help.

I'm sorry to have to be the one to point this out to you, moron, but you aren't the one who determines standards around here. This isn't TTAC. And at this dinner party, the mods are the hosts. And what you are doing with this post is attacking the host. The only reason you are still here after all this is coz I am a patient host, but I also have to point out, my patience isn't limitless.

you're conveniently ignoring the part about "or the other guests".

you're conveniently ignoring the part about "or the other guests".

You are conveniently ignoring the part where that rule is for the guest.

Let me make this real simple for you.

You have no say about the rules/standards/administration at autoLanka. That is all you need to know, that is all you need to follow, so just shut up and stop annoying me. I've had enough of dealing with your stupidity.

This standards topic is CLOSED.

Now our self appointed hybrid wheel cover "expert" is an expert in American SUVs and showing us poor, uneducated, Sri Lankan's what an SUV looks like because we have no idea what they are since we are still using buggy karates.

Oh thank you great black assed suddha. If it weren't for you we would not know what a Jeep is. Amarican usseh car hari lassanai aney. Api lange thiene kote car witharai ane.

Cali mahathaya, oya nang deviyek wage ane. Ahinsekke apite kochchara udaw karranewa de.

What an insecure, defensive response to mere photos of a brand of vehicles that has been available in SL for 10 years now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just read the test too. Great to have Jeep win it against such strong opposition. The Italian VM engine has done its stuff and enhanced the already good GC. I'm expecting a big jump in sales.

I'm begining to like the Trailhawk Cherookee too. The duo tone and de-chroming betters things considerably.

• 3 months later...

First Drive: Motor Trend - http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/suvs/1310_2014_jeep_cherokee_first_drive/

2014 Jeep Cherokee New Testament: Unorthodox crossover could attract new followers to the off-road fold
By Scott Burgess | From the October 2013 issue of Motor Trend |
2014-Jeep-Cherokee-Limited-front-view.jp

Jeep faces a peculiar challenge few other brands encounter: Zealots. No one cares if a Toyota RAV4 or Ford Escape can cross the Rubicon. In fact, most Ford and Toyota crossover owners wouldn't know the difference between the Rubicon and a Rubik's Cube. Jeeps, however, are judged off-road. Create a vehicle that can't survive Hell's Gate in Moab, Utah, and it's a Jeep In Name Only. JINO is blasphemy in the Church of 4x4 -- just look at the persecution of the Compass. (It deserved some of it.) 2014-Jeep-Cherokee-Limited-side.jpg This is a tough standard, but the second coming of the Cherokee might sway more than a few true believers who bemoan the Fiat platform under any Jeep as a betrayal of epic proportion and a disservice to the Cherokee name. But, lo and behold, the 2014 Jeep Cherokee will impress even the hardest-core enthusiast with its capabilities. More important, it advances the Jeep cause with an ingenious drive system, a polarizing design, and a well-appointed interior. It looks like no other and behaves like no other, but it is still a Jeep all the way through its Italian platform. And allow me this confession: Jeep fanatics were never going to buy the Cherokee anyway. This small crossover was created for the next generation of Jeep buyers who have quiet commutes, take an occasional dusty road, and want something that looks cool parked in a suburban driveway. The Cherokee can compete head to head with any of the modern small crossovers on the road. Off-road, it will bury them. 2014-Jeep-Cherokee-Limited-rear-three-qu From the 4x4 Cherokee Trailhawk for the owner who once rebuilt a CJ's engine with a Leatherman, to a front-drive Cherokee Sport for the owner who occasionally hops a curb to get a better parking space, Jeep serves up a range of Cherokee flavors. While many crossovers have adopted the wrinkled tube look, the Cherokee maintains a truck-first silhouette. It keeps some of those classic Jeep design cues, but with a more modern twist. The grille still has seven slots, and trapezoidal wheelwells surround the 17-inch wheels, but there are also daytime running lights tucked under the sharply curved hood that give the Cherokee a distinctive look. (The real headlamps are lower.) The trail-rated Trailhawk has a tougher look with different fascias, red steel tow hooks, and Trailhawk badging. The Cherokee's interior has more in common with the Grand Cherokee than the Liberty the Cherokee replaces. It's comfortable, well-laid-out, and uses a combination of choice materials that make it feel more like a luxury car than a vehicle that can turn a mountain into a mustard seed. There are soft-touch points and the cabin's layout is driver-friendly. Two analog gauges bookend either a 3.5-inch or 7-inch thin-film transistor screen that offers a half-dozen different configurations for real-time information. 2014-Jeep-Cherokee-Limited-front-end.jpg The center stack includes a 5-inch or 8.4-inch display screen to view the navigation map or operate some of the vehicle's controls. The newest iteration of Chrysler's UConnect system improves upon an already solid system that integrates infotainment and other controls. Even the voice commands were fairly easy to operate and came in handy when driving and trying to find the right song off an iPhone. The Cherokee includes lots of storage spaces throughout the cabin. The front passenger seat has a hidden cubby under the cushion, and there's a spot on top of the dash that opens up. There are door pockets, map pockets, and even a spot for your cell phone to sit right next to the USB port at the base of the center stack. Even the rear storage area of the Cherokee has hooks to hang plastic bags and a second row that moves fore and aft or folds flat. The design is thoughtful. The base-model Cherokee is powered by Chrysler's 2.4-liter MultiAir2 TigerShark I-4 that creates 184 hp and 171 lb-ft of torque. The engine provided more than enough power on the roads around Moab. It could quickly get up to and cruise along at 80 mph. The biggest advantage of the four-cylinder engine is that Jeep estimates it will get at least 31 mpg on the highway, but final EPA testing has not been completed. The 3.2-liter Pentastar V-6 felt better, of course. Its 271 hp and 239 lb-ft of torque mated to that nine-speed transmission give the Cherokee smooth acceleration and never left me wanting more power. The Cherokee's electric power steering provides solid feedback and lets the driver hold his line through any corner. The front independent suspension and rear multilink setup keep the Cherokee firmly planted, and limited body roll through high-speed turns. Plus, the ride is surprisingly quiet. Perhaps the true genius of the Cherokee is the engine set. Jeep has devised a system that uses a front-drive-mounted engine and turns it into a true four-wheel-drive system. The vehicle features a rear-axle disconnect to improve efficiency, but still manages torque to both axles. The system works automatically, so the driver might not know when the rear axle is not pushing the Cherokee. The Cherokee offers three different drive setups. Active Drive I uses an open power transfer unit and a fully variable wet-clutch in the rear-drive module that apportions drive to the rear wheels, disconnecting them when not needed. Active Drive II adds the ability to vary torque from front to rear and a 2.92:1 low range that locks the front and rear together for maximum traction. Active Drive Lock, the system for the Jeep faithful, adds a locking rear differential to the above setup, and it is standard on all Trailhawk models. During a day of off-roading, it was easy to understand how capable the Cherokee really is. See a rock, climb a rock. Combining this capability with crossover comfort, quiet, and economy gives the Cherokee the potential to attract new followers to the Jeep fold. Godspeed. 2014-Jeep-Cherokee-Limited-front-three-q

2014 Jeep Cherokee BASE PRICE $23,990-$30,490 VEHICLE LAYOUT Front-engine, FWD/AWD/4WD, 5-pass, 4-door SUV ENGINES 2.4L/184-hp/171-lb-ft SOHC 16-valve I-4; 3.2L/271-hp/239-lb-ft DOHC 24-valve V-6 TRANSMISSION 9-speed automatic CURB WEIGHT 3750-4100 lb (mfr) WHEELBASE 106.3-107.0 in LENGTH X WIDTH X HEIGHT 182.0 x 73.2-74.9 x 65.7-67.8 in 0-60 MPH 6.4-8.9 sec (MT est) EPA CITY/HWY FUEL ECON Not yet rated ON SALE IN U.S. Currently