• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Formula 1 - 2009

Devinda_Z

Well, since Brawn's 2009 budget was secured as a 'dowry' by Honda when they left I don't think its a fair comparison.

Also, since the 2009 Brawn GP car was fully researched and developed by Honda over the last 2 years at no expense it once again skews the budget analysis. While Ferrari and McLaren were devoting all their resources even late in the season towards their 2008 title bids, Honda had chucked the season in favour of developing a new car within the all-new 2009 rules package. Shame that they left early without realizing their investment.

Despite the fact that they look like a classic small British privateer team, they are in fact still operating with the budget of a massive factory team and over the next few years, as Mercedes makes them their works team, they'll become even bigger. Yes, it's happening. :)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why arent every car on the grid using this KERS thing?...what are the disadvantages?

sorry if this seems a trivial question for you f1 buffs...but you see motogp(KERS was actually first used in racing last year in valencia during the 125cc climax,look it up) and sbk are more my cuppa tea...lol...last week i only tuned in cos them milano paddock girls are damn hot! :D

and yeah good to see ol' barry on podium again...brings back memories of the schumi-barrichelo dream team days

Several reasons:KERS increases the weight of the cars.. around 70kg odd I think, the additional weight and space the units take- alter car's handling characteristics & aero package effecting how it performs on various types of circuits, it also costs a lot to develop- with the advantages still not worth the price it seems. Its also been discussed that KERS reduces engine life due to the strain of additional HP again some teams may not think the risk is worth it as they are allowed by the rules to use only a limited amount of motors per season

The Renault Formula One team have been handed a suspended ban from the sport by the International Automobile Federation (FIA) for ordering Nelson Piquet junior to crash in the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix.

The FIA have told the French team that the threat of a permanent ban from the sport will hang over them until the end of the 2011 season and will only be activated during that time if they are found guilty of a similar charge.

The verdict was handed down by the sport's governing body the International Automobile Federation (FIA) after a one-and-a half-hour hearing at their Paris headquarters on Monday.

Renault were in the dock for conspiring with Piquet junior to cause a deliberate crash to help the Brazilian's teammate, Fernando Alonso, win the race.

The team which won two drivers' titles in the 1990s were facing permanent exclusion from the sport over 'crashgate' as the affair became known but escaped that ultimate sanction after owning up to the conspiracy and with the departure from the team of Piquet, team boss Flavio Briatore and chief engineer Pat Symonds.

Briatore himself was handed an "unlimited'' ban from the sport while Symonds was suspended for five years.

Explaining its decision not to kick Renault out of the sport for life the FIA said in a statement: "The council considers Renault F1's breaches relating to the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix to be of unparalleled severity.

"They not only compromised the integrity of the sport but also endangered the lives of spectators, officials, other competitors and Nelson Piquet Jr. himself.

MINIACE

Lotus F1 Comeback

car_photo_331747_7.jpg

Lotus is set the return to the Formula One fray in 2010...

By Adam Wilkins 16th September 2009

The team will initially be based in Norfolk, but all future R&D, manufacturing, and the team’s technical centre will be located Malaysia’s Sepang International circuit. This hints at the financial backing behind the venture: a partnership between the Malaysian government and a consortium of Malaysian entrepreneurs.

Team principle will be Tony Fernandes, founder of Tune Group which owns Air Asia. A wealth of F1 experience will come with Mike Gascoyne who has been appointed technical director. His 20 years experience in the sport includes stints at Jordan, Renault and, most recently, Force India.

Lotus has been awarded the final place on the grid for the 2010 along with three other new teams – Campos GP, Manor and US F1. BMW Sauber has been designated “14th” on the grid, meaning it’s actually first on the reserve list. However, it’s looking likely that the FIA will make space for them by increasing the F1 grid to 28 places from next season.

Team Lotus competed in grand prix racing from 1958 to 1994 when financial pressures forced it to withdraw. Despite a long absence, it remains the fourth most successful constructor in F1 with seven constructors’ and six drivers’ titles. Jim Clarke, Graham Hill and Ayrton Senna have all driven for the team.

Source : http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/241966/l...be071e40617aa96

hey isn't lotus owned by malaysia's proton...guess thats why they're testing it at sepang

anyways great news...a return of a legend...hope they paint their car black,like it's legendary predecessors

now...when is alfa coming back???....lol

Its begun! It's here. F1 returns to Singapore :)

Was at the tracks on friday, couldn't go today due to lots of uni work, but heading again tomorrow for the race :)

You just gotta love F1 photography! The speed, put together with night photography, its freaking hard, and when you get that ONE good shot, dam its thrilling!

Hey Fuzzo, hope to see ya tomorrow around Padang!

dsc04191copyp.jpg

dsc02401c.jpg

dsc00351n.jpg

dsc0724.jpg

dsc0053f.jpg

dsc01731m.jpg

dsc03831g.jpg

dsc04441a.jpg

dsc02041copy.jpg

dsc0852r.jpg

i see ferrari effed up again...what on earth is wrong with that car,now i'm glad schumi didnt return,even he could not master that brute it seems...and thus his career will remain unblemished...

and i feel sorry for rosberg and vettel,bad luck...woulda loved to see either one win instead of that asshat.

dilesh,got any raceday pics bro?

i see ferrari effed up again...what on earth is wrong with that car,now i'm glad schumi didnt return,even he could not master that brute it seems...and thus his career will remain unblemished...

and i feel sorry for rosberg and vettel,bad luck...woulda loved to see either one win instead of that asshat.

I know, I myself am very very dissapointed with the scuderia team. Specially after raikonnen's 4 podiums in a row. :( I hope next season they'll come back with all prancing horses ready to run! :)

I love your description of the dear over-rated rookie :lol: I honestly wish people would stop and think about his experience (I mean lack of it) before they go on about how great he is. Monza was a perfect example. If any rookie in f1 got a seat with one of the best teams, they'll obviously do brilliantly.

anyways,

Japanese grand prix, Suzuka this weekend. Hope to see a good race there :)

I know, I myself am very very dissapointed with the scuderia team. Specially after raikonnen's 4 podiums in a row. :( I hope next season they'll come back with all prancing horses ready to run! :)

Hopefully he'll be dropped for next season. Time up too!

Check this out,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport...one/8280566.stm

Fernando Alonso agrees three-deal Ferrari F1 deal

Renault's two-time world champion, the most successful driver presently on the grid with 21 career victories to his name, joins the Scuderia on a three-year deal worth in the region of £32 million a season with an option to extend.

Race fans will already be salivating at the prospect of a resumption of hostilities with his former team-mate, McLaren's 2008 world champion, Lewis Hamilton. Formula One's two best drivers, one in a Ferrari the other in a McLaren, going head to head with a bit of history between them. It does not get better.

Alonso, who described himself as "very happy and very proud" to be joining Ferrari, replaces Kimi Raikkonen at Maranello, with the Finn's return to McLaren expected to be confirmed shortly.

Sourced

MINIACE

Suzuka qualifying was full of drama!

Button ,Barrichello, Sutil, Alonso were all handed five-place grid penalties for failing to slow under yellow flags. Buemi received the same penalty for impeding other cars and causing a potential hazard to other drivers.Liuzzi,Kovalainen got five grid penalties for GB changes.Weber on a pit lane start after a chassis swap with no fuel restrictions.One stop race for him?

Guess Glock will not rave or another Pit lane start?

With two KERS machines in top five grid positions and Rosberg with 25kg heavier fuel load on 7th,the race is going to be hot.

MINIACE

• 2 weeks later...

That was one hell of a qualifying session.Heard yesterdays Brazilian GP qualifying was the the longest qualifying session ever held in Formula One history.Ended two hours and 41 minutes later!

Home hero Barrichello kept his title hopes alive by grabbing pole position.Jenson 14th and Vettel 16 th on the grid.Race is going to be very interesting!

MINIACE