• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Biking Day Out

kotte mafia

pretty recently few of my frnds were having dinner at a local spot and out of the blue the idea came to start a crew ... and after few calls finally we ended up with CITY BIKES ... and this is some pic's of the g2g (with a Nikon D90).. hope u guys enjoy ....

guess what it remembered the good old days ... where Mr unil at hill street had his crew .... :ninja:

dsc0001lw6.jpg

w1024.png

dsc0006jk3.jpg

w1024.png

dsc0057og0.jpg

w1024.png

dsc0061rn2.jpg

w1024.png

dsc0099qj3.jpg

w1024.png

machang this is the kawasaki ninja zx14/zzr1400.....a hyper sport monster that will bring down each and every supercar to it's knees...outdone only by the suzuki hayabusa. :)

dsc0172fi0.jpg

w1024.png

Hmmm...the 14 vs Busa is an ongoing debate neda?

14 was out to kill the Busa and some claim it has... But as usual there's no independent testing carried out that i know of with two stock bikes...

I once rode a Ninja400R... had the pleasure of blasting over the baseline flyover on a sunday... and man... that was quite a ride...

cant even imagine what a 14 would be like :lol:

machang this is the kawasaki ninja zx14/zzr1400.....a hyper sport monster that will bring down each and every supercar to it's knees...outdone only by the suzuki hayabusa. :)

now the hayabuse i've heard of!

..but simply cuz of its application in a 4 wheeled set up ala Westfield :lol:

14 was out to kill the Busa and some claim it has... But as usual there's no independent testing carried out that i know of with two stock bikes...

yeah machang..it's an ongoing debate...the zx is a great straight line shooter,but i think the busa is an all around performer still...plus it has that name which will scare the sh*t outta anyone :lol:

I once rode a Ninja400R... had the pleasure of blasting over the baseline flyover on a sunday... and man... that was quite a ride...

i can arrange for you to ride a kawi ninja just 400cc shy of the 14.... ;)

yeah machang..it's an ongoing debate...the zx is a great straight line shooter,but i think the busa is an all around performer still...plus it has that name which will scare the sh*t outta anyone :lol:

i can arrange for you to ride a kawi ninja just 400cc shy of the 14.... ;)

heh heh...i thought hyabusa is a name of a japanes stork or summin like that :lol:

so you got a kawi 1000? i only knew of 900's being in SL ... anyways...that's a killer ride mate :)

would love to have ride in that but letting go of the clutch of one of those must be quite thrilling and scary experience eh? :) :) :)

I too used to live in Kelaniya...waragoda to be exact...

Never seen these big bikes whizzing about in that area though :)

its safe to assume that the Mrs. is not going to be all that enthused by such plans of yours... :lol:

oh well...not like she has much of a choice on that one :lol:

i still go on that annual, week long endurance trip on me XR250... :)

far dangerous IMO when you're riding in un familiar and crappy roads... we do keep to a speed limit but those are broken on and off depending on how much ya butt hurts and how soon you wanna finish the ride :lol:

this time of course with baby being there etc...might have to scrap it :(

heh heh...i thought hyabusa is a name of a japanes stork or summin like that :lol:

so you got a kawi 1000? i only knew of 900's being in SL ... anyways...that's a killer ride mate :)

would love to have ride in that but letting go of the clutch of one of those must be quite thrilling and scary experience eh? :) :) :)

I too used to live in Kelaniya...waragoda to be exact...

Never seen these big bikes whizzing about in that area though :)

0-180MPH = 17 secs...nuff' said :D

there are a coupla kawi 10's running about machang....i think mine's the latest...imported last year...

never ride them around kelaniya...infact they have never come south of the kochchikade bridge :lol:

dont' do much riding these days though...me is flat broke :(

Edited by HelRazor

oh well...not like she has much of a choice on that one :lol:

i still go on that annual, week long endurance trip on me XR250... :)

far dangerous IMO when you're riding in un familiar and crappy roads... we do keep to a speed limit but those are broken on and off depending on how much ya butt hurts and how soon you wanna finish the ride :lol:

this time of course with baby being there etc...might have to scrap it :(

sounds like the sensible thing to do - u could make it like a father n son affair once he's old enough! :)

until then i see that camera fast over taking this as the more accepted and praticed hobby/pastime in your life :D

NICE!

I've ridden the Kawi ZX14 up and down the street (my ex-boss has one) and the damn thing quite simply scares the shyt out of me ... lol

I used to have an older ZX600 for a couple months that I bought in pieces 'cos it had been in a wreck. Put it together but never got it completed enough to get it on the road, but I did have fun riding it up/down the street and fooling around with some other friends and their bikes. Traded it for 2 full sets of wheels/tires ... lol

Edited by Mean Green z28

i was never quite a bike fan myself but i've always been fascinated by their engines. been a big fan of the hayabusa motor. and upto now i believed it was the best :P

anyways. i was trying to find out what the power output of the zx14 is. but they've only mentioned the torque figures.

helrazor, care to shed some light on this matter?

i was never quite a bike fan myself but i've always been fascinated by their engines. been a big fan of the hayabusa motor. and upto now i believed it was the best :P

anyways. i was trying to find out what the power output of the zx14 is. but they've only mentioned the torque figures.

helrazor, care to shed some light on this matter?

I think the HP figure was around 200. Did a search and what I found was rated @ 187; and 197 with the ram air effect at speed ... http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/kaw...tion-15797.html ... I believe every bit of it! lol ... my boss's bike went 9.90's in the 1/4mile at the local drag strip straight out the factory with only a lowering kit to make it launch easier without lifting ... some websites out there say they've been 9.78! ... http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/157/299/Moto...strip-Test.aspx ... DEF. FASTER than the Busa ... well a buddy of mine had a modified turbo Busa that was in the high low 8's so not THAT fast ... lol Edited by Mean Green z28

I think the HP figure was around 200. Did a search and what I found was rated @ 187; and 197 with the ram air effect at speed ... http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/kaw...tion-15797.html ... I believe every bit of it! lol ... my boss's bike went 9.90's in the 1/4mile at the local drag strip straight out the factory with only a lowering kit to make it launch easier without lifting ... some websites out there say they've been 9.78! ... http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/157/299/Moto...strip-Test.aspx ... DEF. FASTER than the Busa ... well a buddy of mine had a modified turbo Busa that was in the high low 8's so not THAT fast ... lol

heh heh...

that;s good news. :)

for some strange reason, i want to see the Busa being taken down :lol: