• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Astina

kavinga

Well what do you have to get sorted out? ,.While you are untangling the issues, let me focus your attention to your car's engine cooling system,. It will need attention before you come to it.as our SL "Owner/Engineers" would have had their run of re engineering with it.

i am all ears... so whats the issue...

I'm searching for a good mechanic. I tried few garages but only wasted my money not the issues. I need to check my engine. fuel efficient is very low does around 5 or 6 per liter and I need to replacethe dashboard meter set. its a digital meter and its not working properly. cant go anywhere far heat goes up. I replaced the radiator fan and checked the radiator twice problem is the same.

As I guessed, you have the most common of issues with the Astina in SL, Engine temperature management. It must be said that this car was NEVER intended to be Exported to countries like SL by Mazda Japan.

The cars ended up here through USED CAR dealers.

My car had a high capacity radiator already put in by the previous owner,and the thermostat valve taken out for better coolant flow ( since Colombo does not have a subzero winter, no problem ).

Yet the engine needed more cooling to cope with the Colombo Heat.

I flushed the cooling system added coolant,and most importantly added two more cooling fans, one behind the rad and the other in front of the condenser,together with the existing factory fitted units, it was a time consuming and expensive modification which reduced the operating temp to a point where the engine would not suffer long term. Let's hope your engine head/ gasket has not died already.

Another issue is ENGINE WASHING/DE GREASING, all BG mazdas develop probs of engine misses due to water and de greasing chemicals getting in the electronics and playing mayham with the ECU. I learned that a very famous car clean joint had once towed an astina after washing the engine to the agent all the way fom Dehiwala because they could not start it. ! further more the pulleys start to corrode and chew through the belts for a few months after de greasing the engine as the chemicals dissolve the anti corrosive coating on them.

As for your the fuel consumption, no one I know used genuine spark plug leads(more than twice the price of made in no where cheapo junk) or ever changed the air filter, Best get this sorted out @ the agent They know what they are doing.

ok.... i have been driving an astina for over 6 years now.. for me this radiator issue is a bit of a mystery... however its a seriouous problem.. and i have the 1989 one,, which is the oldest out of the lot.. as far as i know the astina never came with a digital meter.. which means someone has messed around with it...

go to mazna motors pepliyana junction.. he knows what he is doing.. before u go to the agents.. i dont recomend the agents for the astina.. since it is a JDM car.. they dont have a clue... keep the agents as the last resort.. for this DOHC engine its very hard to get beyond 9 KM a liter even with very moderte driving.. mine has clocked over 300,000 now.. and its still packs a punch.. its all about how u take care of it.. but i feel someone has messed with ur car... the parts to look out for its the air flow sensor.. i have the meter type and u have the senso type which is far better i belive....

as with old cars, the grounding should be bad on urs as well.. when u get these sorted out.. first put a good grounding kit to the car as well.. a meter board should be easlily obtained. as the car is in par with the old 323's.. first go to mazna and see.. if u have any trouble drop me a call... 0777335057