• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying A Car (cefiro A33 Vs Bluebird Qu14 Vs Sprinter Ae111/110 Vs Carina At210)

Shock

Question

Hi guys,

Its going to be my first car :rolleyes: My budget is around 1,75m. So far, I have narrowed down my choices to to the following (by going through classifieds mostly),

Cefiro A33

Bluebird QU14

Sprinter AE111/110

Carina AT210

It seems you can get a good one (millage around 100k) out of these within my budget. Bluebrid is the cheapest among these and the Carina being the most expensive.

Have any of you guys used any of these models?

Can you please give give some idea about the fuel consumption figures and running costs of these?

I like the Carina(little over budget.... :unsure:) and the Cefiro (sky high running costs??? :o) the most what do you think?

Hi guys,

Its going to be my first car :rolleyes: My budget is around 1,75m. So far, I have narrowed down my choices to to the following (by going through classifieds mostly),

Cefiro A33

Bluebird QU14

Sprinter AE111/110

Carina AT210

It seems you can get a good one (millage around 100k) out of these within my budget. Bluebrid is the cheapest among these and the Carina being the most expensive.

Have any of you guys used any of these models?

Can you please give give some idea about the fuel consumption figures and running costs of these?

I like the Carina(little over budget.... :unsure:) and the Cefiro (sky high running costs??? :o) the most what do you think?

Interesting lot you got there.

If you want a big car the Bluebird, Cefiro and Carina falls in., but in that I'd go for the Carina. You should be able to pick a decent one for that sorta price. On the other hand you can get english number registered Bluebirds and Cefiro's at cheaper prices. There was a A33 model going for 1.2mil last week., so can say that they dont hold the market value that very well. Not a big fan of the Bluebird model you mentioned here, it and the rest of the bluebirds which came later were never good in style.

For a mid size car the Sprinter 110/111 would be a good bet., good fuel economy and easy to maintain. I use a Corolla 110 and I do get 9kmpl city driving being a Automatic Transmision car.

How are the spare parts prices and availability for the A33 models.

seeing as it was brough here as a brand new import and its a fairly popular model , there should be no issue in sourcing parts - between Pioneer & A*W it should be fine

Nissan parts prices i've found to be quite bearable if not reasonable :)

seeing as it was brough here as a brand new import and its a fairly popular model , there should be no issue in sourcing parts - between Pioneer & A*W it should be fine

Nissan parts prices i've found to be quite bearable if not reasonable :)

hey Devinda, bit off track, do you know of anyone who can point me in the right direction to get a set of alloys that came with the U14 BB? The ones I am looking at are the 5 spoke 4 stud ones.

Bluebird does about 7.5-8 within city, outstation does about 9kmpl. Its is a nice car even though not much looks unless lil modified. SSS version is the highest grade with a sporty grill n rear disks. Check for new engine models which has no distributor. These Nissan engines some times get a strange miss, if u find any with this fault stay away even the company has no clue about it. Good engines are super smooth you won't know if its running even. stick with 1800CC. 2000cc u might have to pay luxury tax.

A33 does around 6-7 max 8kmpl is very difficult for a auto trans.

IMHO Carina is not worth the premium. Does about 8-9kmpl max. Nissans are as good as toyotas. You don't find any Nissans stuck on the road do u?

EE111 1300CC not a good option AE110 fairly good but very small leg room for the rear passengers.

U can trough in a MAZDA familia also to your list. Nice sporty cars

good luck mate!

i think we shouldnt be comparing these cars cos they are not even in the same class. but since they are roughly the same price i'd recommend the cefiro. its a lot of car for not a lot of money. fuel economy could be the only worry. as for the handling non of the other cars arnt exactly nippy either.

however it could lost its value even more when its time to sell it. unless of course this is as low as it'll go for now.

I'm all for Nissans , but i wouldn't go so far as to recommend an A33 - if your company is footing the fuel bill and your looking for an executive class barge then its a really comfy cruiser

but if your going to be doing the driving , i'd highly recommend a P11 Primera , be it in 1.8 or 2.0L , auto or manul guise it would be more economical and nicer to drive than the cefiro & bluebird hands down

in terms of price it fits right into your budget & actually might even be a little cheaper depending on the spec - you may even be able to find a bran new agent purchased vehicle - plenty around so finding a good one ought not to be too much of a problem

hey Devinda, bit off track, do you know of anyone who can point me in the right direction to get a set of alloys that came with the U14 BB? The ones I am looking at are the 5 spoke 4 stud ones.

i'd love to say i knew exactly what this alloy wheel looks like but unfortunately i just can't seem to recall the design :( a picture would help immensely

hmmm not really sure of an exact place, but there was this place in Delkanda where i found original Nissan rims - at the end of the day i came to realize that nothing beats walking about and actually physically checking every shop there is to check in the hope of finding the exact item

- i know its not in the least bit helpful :( , but it is effective :)

upload a picture if u can - might have seen it somehwere..

upload a picture if u can - might have seen it somehwere..

also it can be helpful to know the PCD(distance from the centre of one stud to the other) of the alloy..cos 110mm,112mm,114mm four stud alloys are very rare in sl,and don't even think about finding anything bigger than 15's ....there are plenty of 100mm(honda),but finding an exact design will take some searching..

I'm all for Nissans , but i wouldn't go so far as to recommend an A33 - if your company is footing the fuel bill and your looking for an executive class barge then its a really comfy cruiser

but if your going to be doing the driving , i'd highly recommend a P11 Primera , be it in 1.8 or 2.0L , auto or manul guise it would be more economical and nicer to drive than the cefiro & bluebird hands down

in terms of price it fits right into your budget & actually might even be a little cheaper depending on the spec - you may even be able to find a bran new agent purchased vehicle - plenty around so finding a good one ought not to be too much of a problem

I thought of the Primera as well, but since he had narrowed his search didnt go there. Come to think about it you can get a decent one for 1.4mil (there was one with the CVT gearbox) and with the rest of the money pump fuel and enjoy the motoring, that is of course if its your own money., also something worth to look at would be a Honda Civic EK3 (there was also a ES8 advertised for 1.8 recently) or a City. Seen a lot of 2000 model City's going in the 1.1 - 1.5mil range.

Thanks for the replies guys. :) What sort of kmpl can you expect from these cars? I saw a post mentioning A33 does 6 or 8 kmpl is this true?? How about the bluebird??

Having had both the Carina 1.8si and A33, I would recommend the Nissan as is sooo much more comfortable . The Carina fuel consumption is also 7-8 , in the City.

The Nissan is top of the line and has everything. Full stop. You feel pampered:)

But as Devinda said, its ideal as a car which you chill in the large back area while the driver drives you:) ( Having said that I love driving her as you just waft along).

Drivers car ? value for money = Mazda interplay / Astina / etc etc all for about a mill, and the balance money you can soup her up <_<:rolleyes:

Primera : again not too good on fuel and feels very light and jittery (IMHO ) but nice drivers choice though. Manual would be my recommendation.

Or be brave : buy an Alfa - super driving cars and stand out from the crowd. GTAm - this is your cue :rolleyes:

The new Alfas are super....and the Value for money is unbeatable.......

Thanks for the replies guys. :) What sort of kmpl can you expect from these cars? I saw a post mentioning A33 does 6 or 8 kmpl is this true?? How about the bluebird??

Having had both the Carina 1.8si and A33, I would recommend the Nissan as is sooo much more comfortable . The Carina fuel consumption is also 7-8 , in the City.

The Nissan is top of the line and has everything. Full stop. You feel pampered:)

But as Devinda said, its ideal as a car which you chill in the large back area while the driver drives you:) ( Having said that I love driving her as you just waft along).

Drivers car ? value for money = Mazda interplay / Astina / etc etc all for about a mill, and the balance money you can soup her up <_<:rolleyes:

Primera : again not too good on fuel and feels very light and jittery (IMHO ) but nice drivers choice though. Manual would be my recommendation.

Or be brave : buy an Alfa - super driving cars and stand out from the crowd. GTAm - this is your cue :rolleyes:

Ehem... ex and Present Primera owners might disagree with you on that mate...

Especially those who switched camps sometime ago from Hondas to Nissans :rolleyes:

Have the price of the A33 come down.

What would be the going price for a A33.

Also what about the prices for the Honda Civic ES1, did see one for 1.8mil.

whats the good price for the ES1.

Can you get an english number plate primera for around 1.5mil.

There was an A33 for 1.2mil last week., then there was another for 1.5mil this week.

Civic at that price is a good buy., considering the fact that there are EK3's in the market asking for 1.6mil.

Can get an English number Primera for 1.5 mil (p11) also there was a P12 for 1.9mil in sunday papers.

:lol: Pradfred should go with the "i was talking about the P11 & not the HP12" defence right about now :D

he he... i too forgot about the budget though... HP12 is off his present budget so Pradfred wins the day :P

:lol: Pradfred should go with the "i was talking about the P11 & not the HP12" defence right about now :D

Hey hey Guys,

Apologies. Not meant to hurt anyones feelings. love love kisses kisses ...yuck.

I did say IMHO . :rolleyes:

Also I fully agree the Primera ( the one which is before the swoopy one with centre dashboard) is a good drivers car, but just not for me.

Thanks Devinda for the loophole he he .

Buy a A 33 man, for that type of money its a superb car. girlfriends will love it as it a luxobarge ( lotsa space in da back too ) hint hint snicker snicker , nudge nudge . etc etc

BUT DO NOT BUY THE CHEAPEST PLEASE.

My one I found after alomst a year of seaching, as most Al members remember , and there are quite a few dogs about. 1.2 - 1.5 mill will get you cars which have done over 100K, it does not matter as long as it has been cherished. Mine had done only 48K genuine when I got it and the owner had over 3 other 'everyday' cars. Thats the type of owner you need.......

Carina 1.8si = nice and fast but so common...................

really now Pradfred! :D

i'm suprised you don't own any station wagons ;)

:lol:

Had a nice Wagon. Montero Super Exceed. 7 seats .Leather mmmmmmm

The seats fold out of site too.

But now am happily married so no need to make out in cramped spaces he he :rolleyes:

cheers

Thanks for the advice guys.

I think I'll stay away from the A33 though pradferd...:( dont think i'll be able to afford the running costs...and also i think i'm still bit too young to be wafted along lol.. even considering gfs.

I think I'll go for a saucy drivers car instead...you said Mazdas were good drivers cars (Interplay?) Is this true for newer models like the BJ5P?

Also had a look a the civic EK3...looks nice...about the Honda city model, isn't it built especially for the Asian market in countries like India, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines and Pakistan (Wikipedia). If so how about the build quality? Is there a marked difference like in the Japanese and India Swifts?