• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ect Failures

Cruiserhead

Has anyone you know or your car been failed by the ECT tests that are mandertory...I'd like to know.

i've heard of folks getting very close to getting a "failed" rating but that's about it...

depending on results you sorta get an idea what's wrong with the vehicle and then hopefully get it fixed...

I too had higher HC value and it's good i got to know that cos i was burning off extra fuel for no reason... A tuneup at the agents sorts out some of these things...

But sadly those with bigger issue would need to put more time, money and effort behind it to rectify the matter...

And i believe almost all AL members who got their cars tested at an AL gathering sometime ago passed these test with flying colors!

And i believe almost all AL members who got their cars tested at an AL gathering sometime ago passed these test with flying colors!

yes we certainly did :lol:

i've heard of a few who haven't passed but general fiddling with the carbs etc has rectified the issue most times i'm told :mellow:

goin next week with the diesels...keepin ma fingers crossed,added super diesel and soltron but still worried.

I PASSED!!!...I PASSED!!!....HOORAY!!!! :jumping-smiley-013:

the trooper and the mitsu lorry needed a little bit of tweaking but the strada passed without hassle....and they didn't rev it to even 3000rpm....i was expecting much more punishment to the ol' diesel's

a tradsunny ahead of me blew it's distributor right off during the test...poor bloke!

Make sure Air filters are new or Cleaned. that might affect a lot to the tests. :rolleyes:

yeah machan that's exactly what i did...tune ups,soltron,new air filters,super diesel

actually i'm glad i had to change the ar filters...the performance differance before and after is staggering..speacilly in the lorry's

Edited by HelRazor