• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The Future Of Ssangyong

MLR

The new Rexton Model & Ssangyong Restructuring plan will it work ?

All Mighty Toyota is loosing money these days. So its obvious this economic crisis has hit hard on Ssangyong.

Even as it's on the edge on bankruptcy I've heard from the article below that former Hyundai executive have been recruited to help reorganize Ssangyong and they are going to introduce a new SUV model called C200. ( maybe it will become a new Rexton model ?? ) which looks very futuristic similar to the land rover concept i've seen somewhere.

I'm not sure how a one new model will help the company but hope they will bounce back.. well for the sake of all the ppl who bought Kyrons & Rextons for the Permit !! (including me... )

Article link

Here's the specs:

Styled by Italdesign/Giugiaro, the concept was powered by a new 175-horsepower 2.0-liter turbodiesel mated to a six-speed automatic transmission. The production version of the C200 also will offer a gasoline engine, as well as a four-wheel-drive option.

Some Pics :

ssangyongc200concept200x.th.jpg ssangyongc200concept200.th.jpg ssangyongc200concept200s.th.jpg

ssangyongc200concept200.th.jpg ssangyongc200concept200.th.jpg ssangyongc200concept200.th.jpg

ssangyongc200concept200.th.jpg ssangyongc200concept200n.th.jpg ssangyongc200concept200t.th.jpg

that thing is actually quite easy on the eye, considering its something out of Ssangyong , Italdesign or not...

the question remains whether or not they'll be able to hold on long enough to make enough of them to survive & thrive once the world has healed itself of its economic wounds & woes :mellow: