• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Carlton Supercross 2009

KLM

Who's going? It's going to be big as usual, with the cars and bikes, the rowing, windsurfing, equestrian and 4x4 events.

The tentative GT-class entry list is as follows:

1. Aravinda Premadasa

2. Dinesh Deheragoda

3. Reyaz Farouk

4. Mario Dias

5. Pasindu Peiris

6. Janaka Dias

7. Sanjeewa De Mel

8. Kapila Jayasundera

9. Mahinda Premaratne

10. Rameez Mahamoor

the less travelled one is going to run the risk of sounding stupid and ask how far away it is & how long its going to take to get there?

(i have this funny feeling that i've made this query ones before :unsure: ) :(

any accomodation in the area?

Accomodation is easily sorted if u check on the net.

Its a bit far as if u take the galle road u hv to go past Galle (hope u know where it is :P ). But we normally take the route through Ratnapura, udawalawe, hambantota, tissa.

Accomodation is easily sorted if u check on the net.

Its a bit far as if u take the galle road u hv to go past Galle (hope u know where it is :P ). But we normally take the route through Ratnapura, udawalawe, hambantota, tissa.

Fab roads there.... good ones for the Z :P

Plenty of accommodation, depending on how much your willing to shell out :P If you can afford an arm and a leg, you could try the Rosen (I think thats what its called). It has a pool with music piped underwater.

Rosen is a bit expensive, but a good hotel. Also I think you need to do a 20-30min drive to get to the track. But seriously there are nicer places to stay if your going with a lot of folks try a good bungalow it would be cheap, and u hv the place for yourself.

Yes its a nice drive down there., hvnt driven myself but enjoyed it.

Rosen is a bit expensive, but a good hotel. Also I think you need to do a 20-30min drive to get to the track. But seriously there are nicer places to stay if your going with a lot of folks try a good bungalow it would be cheap, and u hv the place for yourself.

Yes its a nice drive down there., hvnt driven myself but enjoyed it.

Oh, there are definitely lots of nice places that are much cheaper. Rosen is probably one of the most expensive in the area :)

Qusetion, is it closer to the track if you stay in Tissa or Kataragama? Coz last time we (Team AL) stayed in Kataragama, and it struck me as a bit far.

Oh, there are definitely lots of nice places that are much cheaper. Rosen is probably one of the most expensive in the area :)

Qusetion, is it closer to the track if you stay in Tissa or Kataragama? Coz last time we (Team AL) stayed in Kataragama, and it struck me as a bit far.

Is the Team AL going this time. I am interested as well. I missed a lot of events as I wasn't in the country. Really want to make this. I know the place but I don't want to drive alone all the way to Tissa as it will be boring. Or if I can get a passenger also I will be fine. Any suggestions?

Bhara... you should come up. Shark, peri and I will be there to name a few. i'm sure there will be others as well...

Thanks fuzzo, but do you want me to drive all the way to Tissa alone :o

I was talking about the journey starting from CMB machan.

There are plenty of INNs, Guest House and hotels - range from 1000/- to 12000 buks, and I have stayed in Tissa Rest House Phone 0472237299 (good view over the tissa lake)

Driving from Kataragama to Tissa is bit far but nice drive.

Try find a place near Debarawewa (just before Tissa Town), there are couple of places at "Akurugoda" (just after the Tissa Lake)

here are some places you can check; No need to go thorugh any travel agents, just call and check for the prizes.

Tissa Rest House 0472237299

Regina Guest House 047 223 7159

http://www.priyankarahotel.com

Chandrika Guest House Tissamaharama 20 047-2237143

Brows Safari Beach Hotel Tissamaharama - 047-2235175

Flamingo Bundala Safari Tissamaharama - 047-2237406

Hotel Refresh Tissamaharama - 047-2237357

Hotel Tissa Tissamaharama - 047-2237104

Lake Side Tourst Inn Tissamaharama 047-2237216

Queens Rest House Tissamaharama - 047-2237264

Tissa Inn Tissamaharama - 047-2237233

Thippola Tissamaharama - 011-2772693

Ruhunu Holiday Inn Tissamaharama - 047-2235126

The Tandem Guest House Tissamaharama - 047-2239136

MADs > This is just to help our AL members to find accomodation, no marketing at all :)

There are plenty of INNs, Guest House and hotels - range from 1000/- to 12000 buks, and I have stayed in Tissa Rest House Phone 0472237299 (good view over the tissa lake)

Driving from Kataragama to Tissa is bit far but nice drive.

Try find a place near Debarawewa (just before Tissa Town), there are couple of places at "Akurugoda" (just after the Tissa Lake)

here are some places you can check; No need to go thorugh any travel agents, just call and check for the prizes.

Tissa Rest House 0472237299

Regina Guest House 047 223 7159

http://www.priyankarahotel.com

Chandrika Guest House Tissamaharama 20 047-2237143

Brows Safari Beach Hotel Tissamaharama - 047-2235175

Flamingo Bundala Safari Tissamaharama - 047-2237406

Hotel Refresh Tissamaharama - 047-2237357

Hotel Tissa Tissamaharama - 047-2237104

Lake Side Tourst Inn Tissamaharama 047-2237216

Queens Rest House Tissamaharama - 047-2237264

Tissa Inn Tissamaharama - 047-2237233

Thippola Tissamaharama - 011-2772693

Ruhunu Holiday Inn Tissamaharama - 047-2235126

The Tandem Guest House Tissamaharama - 047-2239136

MADs > This is just to help our AL members to find accomodation, no marketing at all :)

good info..tx bro

Who's going? It's going to be big as usual, with the cars and bikes, the rowing, windsurfing, equestrian and 4x4 events.

The tentative GT-class entry list is as follows:

1. Aravinda Premadasa

2. Dinesh Deheragoda

3. Reyaz Farouk

4. Mario Dias

5. Pasindu Peiris

6. Janaka Dias

7. Sanjeewa De Mel

8. Kapila Jayasundera

9. Mahinda Premaratne

10. Rameez Mahamoor

Machang is it possible to shed some light on what events are happening (in order) on the 1st which is the main race day? Would like to specifically know as to when the T&J event is happening as per the schedule.

Thanks

Oh and one more thing is Mr. Mahamoor running the old Swift/Cultus in the GT - class??

Edited by Gummybr

Machang is it possible to shed some light on what events are happening (in order) on the 1st which is the main race day? Would like to specifically know as to when the T&J event is happening as per the schedule.

Thanks

Oh and one more thing is Mr. Mahamoor running the old Swift/Cultus in the GT - class??

Hi machan I have no idea what the schedule of events is, or if it has even been finalized (usually done only after all the entries are confirmed). Maybe Shakir or Drake can shed some light on this. Guys?

And no, RM isn't running the Cultus in SL 'GT' but rather, an Evo IV RS (ex-DD, ex-Reyaz). The 'zuki should make a comeback in time for the April season.

The Program Schedule…

27th of February

09.00 AM 4x4 Super Motorcade from Greenpath,Colombo to Tissamaharama

09.30 AM Mountain Bike Races

10.00 AM Job Fair/Opening of Exhibition stalls of the Three Armed Forces

03.00 PM Carlton Super Horse Race

07.00 PM Grand Musical Extravaganza (Srimath) – Rupavahini Live

28th of February

09.00 AM Super Motor Races (Timing)

09.30 AM Wind Surfing/Jet Skiing – Tissa Wewa

10.00 AM 4x4 Off Road Races

02.00 PM Rowing – Tissa Wewa

07.00 PM Grand Musical Extravaganza (Liyara) – Rupavahini Live

1st Of March

09.00 AM Super Motor Races

Carlton Super Sports 2009

Motor Cycle Races

07.00 PM Grand Musical Extravaganza (Sanidapa) – Rupavahini Live

Lottery Draw

Stalls of the Three Armed Forces (Dayata Kirula) wil be kept open for Three Days.

Source: Daily Mirror 25th of February 2009.