• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

12v Tire Inflator Pump And Sealant

Jayathu

Question

I've been wondering to buy a portable 12V tire inflator pump and tire sealant to fix punctures on the go.. Found some on the internet such as these..

41stt4lplolss400.jpg

41yzevsqvolss400.jpg

They are available for around $25 but need to add shipping and also don't know what our custom people will think about it. Are similar products available in SL and if someone has used them how effective are they.. Heard that some sealant cans can be found in "some" super markets here in SL.. Never seen anywhere though.. :unsure:

Valvoline & some other brand have tire sealants for sale in the local market

i recall buying one for under 1k sometime back

Arpico generally has it in stock - you can find it along with all the other car care products

Motorcade and that small car accessory shop on Dutugemunu Street in Kohuwala also had the sealant cans

its works to certain degree - but one you take the tire off completely you can see all that gunk stuck to the rim as well - doesn't do the paint or whatever finish inside the rim any favours :( , but it'll help you get home in an emergency :)

sealant is available in Arpico and some places. Just get the inflator, I got one, it comes in a smaller packaging + it's light, so it won't get stuck at customs, but I haven't used it yet so far. I think it's not much effective for larger tires or maybe I dont know how to use it properly :D

Valvoline & some other brand have tire sealants for sale in the local market

i recall buying one for under 1k sometime back

Arpico generally has it in stock - you can find it along with all the other car care products

Motorcade and that small car accessory shop on Dutugemunu Street in Kohuwala also had the sealant cans

its works to certain degree - but one you take the tire off completely you can see all that gunk stuck to the rim as well - doesn't do the paint or whatever finish inside the rim any favours :( , but it'll help you get home in an emergency :)

Which one did you use Dev? Was it Valvoline and from where did you buy it... I looked in the Nawinna super store but couldn't find em.. :(

How does it really work... would you have to insert it to the tire beforehand or is it basically a repair work once you detect a flat tire.. My understanding was that it will automatically seal the puncture if you have inserted the liquid beforehand.. If so then the next question would be for how long do they remain effective and what is the success rate. No point in ruining my rim if the sealant does not do its job in an emergency... :o

yeh the pump is available in sl for under 1000 buks..my dad bought a cheap ass one and it worked for good for over 2 or 3 years from wut i recall.but never used sealent though..

For under 1000 bucks... :jumping-smiley-013: that's cheap.. from where did you buy it and how long ago was this...?

Shan: Which brand did you purchase and what was the cost (including shipping) since YALA says it can be bought under Rs.1000 in SL think that would be a better option.. <_<

my dad got it sometime back like a good 4 yrs machan.....im not sure where my dad bought it from but i remember seing it in the H**ad 4 or 5 months bk before i left sl....the ad was placed together with other accesories like mp3 players n vid games n stuff....best bet is maharagama or pettah for cheapest but reliability mite be a concern....

my dad got it sometime back like a good 4 yrs machan.....im not sure where my dad bought it from but i remember seing it in the H**ad 4 or 5 months bk before i left sl....the ad was placed together with other accesories like mp3 players n vid games n stuff....best bet is maharagama or pettah for cheapest but reliability mite be a concern....

Hmmmm.. true machan.. If your dad used it for 2-3 years then for 1000 bucks it is really worth it.

For under 1000 bucks... :jumping-smiley-013: that's cheap.. from where did you buy it and how long ago was this...?

Shan: Which brand did you purchase and what was the cost (including shipping) since YALA says it can be bought under Rs.1000 in SL think that would be a better option.. <_<

It costed me 1500/=, no brand, cheap chinese crap :D

cmt10020-1.jpg

Dint know it's available here, better if you could get one for 1000/= though, sealant was around 400-700/= as I remember ;)

Jayathu

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts Today, 11:12 AM Post #8

Hmmmm.. true machan.. If your dad used it for 2-3 years then for 1000 bucks it is really worth it.

yeh n it lasted quite long as well...not hardy at all but i used it to pump air to the rugby ball n basket ball as well and my cycle...its the same shape as wut shan has put up...

shan did the box come in purple and blue colour by ne chance?

Edited by YALA

It costed me 1500/=, no brand, cheap chinese crap :D

cmt10020-1.jpg

Dint know it's available here, better if you could get one for 1000/= though, sealant was around 400-700/= as I remember ;)

Thanks machan... This does not look all that lightweight and it is amazing that it sneaked through the customs.. Did you use e-bay?

I never used this things and I always rely on my spare wheel which I always check and keep inflated.

Just out of curiosity, How long (time) this will take to pump a flat tyre to at least 28psi and is it power enough to pump the tyre with the car?

yeh n it lasted quite long as well...not hardy at all but i used it to pump air to the rugby ball n basket ball as well and my cycle...its the same shape as wut shan has put up...

shan did the box come in purple and blue colour by ne chance?

And how did it perform when pumping to the car tires...?

Edited by Jayathu

Just out of curiosity, How long (time) this will take to pump a flat tyre to at least 28psi and is it power enough to pump the tyre with the car?

The ones I put up claims to be able to do that...(within 15 minutes) :rolleyes:

http://www.amazon.com/Slime-Smart-15-Minut...f=pd_sim_auto_8

Edited by Jayathu

we never inflated a completely flat tire...but we have used it for morning surprises like when about to leave work n realize a tire has lot a good bit of air....it helped in instances like that...n i have to be honest it takes a bit of time as well and i have never used or seen it been used to completly inflate a tire...

Nope Bharath, I got it in a normal postal box. And yep, from Ebay. But believe me it is light weight, lesser than a Kg maybe :D

Din't get to use since I bought it, tried to check tire pressure once with the tire on the car, but din't think it was successful that way. Maybe would work if we remove it from the car and do it, and ya maybe 15 minutes would do

i have a pump broght directly from china.. its still working.. and has those emergency lights as well.. havent used the sealants yet....

the pump works.. and 15 mins is a good time.. even mine takes around that time..

Are you referring to something like this...?

lightv.jpg

This one is $19.99 <_<

The ones I put up claims to be able to do that...(within 15 minutes) :rolleyes:

http://www.amazon.com/Slime-Smart-15-Minut...f=pd_sim_auto_8

Thanks for the info machan.

I personally feel changing the spare wheel is better as you don't need to worry about loosing the pressure again if you have a puncture or something and can go up to a tyre shop or your destination. Also changing the wheel will take deffa less than 10 mins. No hazzle. Only problem is you might get a bit of dirty on your hands. But you will always have some wet wipes(?), tissues or a bottle of water in your car right?

You can pick this kinda thing up at Titus stores too. Me dad got one. A little slow (compared to the machines at the sheds, but it works.

Just heard that from one of my friends too.. Rs. 1100/= about 5 years back he said.. :blink: Must be around 2000 bucks by now.. Add the sealant can and it will not be more than Rs. 3000... Anyway it is still worth it, rather than finding a flat tire in the middle of no where in the wee hours of the night..

Which one did you use Dev? Was it Valvoline and from where did you buy it... I looked in the Nawinna super store but couldn't find em.. :(

How does it really work... would you have to insert it to the tire beforehand or is it basically a repair work once you detect a flat tire.. My understanding was that it will automatically seal the puncture if you have inserted the liquid beforehand.. If so then the next question would be for how long do they remain effective and what is the success rate. No point in ruining my rim if the sealant does not do its job in an emergency... :o

Arpico Dehiwala

you just hook the can upto the tire when its deflated or running low and it fills it up with a foam/sealant and your ready to run

its to be used only when you actually have a "flat" or something close to it

it doesn't "ruin" it entirely - it leaves a gunk like residue on the inside of the rim - but its not really something you need to deal with as long as it gets the job done :mellow:

Arpico Dehiwala

you just hook the can upto the tire when its deflated or running low and it fills it up with a foam/sealant and your ready to run

its to be used only when you actually have a "flat" or something close to it

it doesn't "ruin" it entirely - it leaves a gunk like residue on the inside of the rim - but its not really something you need to deal with as long as it gets the job done :mellow:

Oh cool.. <_< Should check out the Dehiwala super center next week.. Do you mean the sealant re-inflates the tire as well...? Then no need of a pump, right? And if so how does it know which pressure the tire should have... :unsure: I was thinking of getting the pump as well since I would need to re-inflate the tire back to running pressure after filling up the puncture with the sealant... :mellow:

Oh cool.. <_< Should check out the Dehiwala super center next week.. Do you mean the sealant re-inflates the tire as well...? Then no need of a pump, right? And if so how does it know which pressure the tire should have... :unsure: I was thinking of getting the pump as well since I would need to re-inflate the tire back to running pressure after filling up the puncture with the sealant... :mellow:

no no

its just a simple measure to bring your tire upto a point where you can get home or to the nearest shed etc and get air or have the puncture mended

its an all in one thing