• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Overhauled 4dr5 Emission Test

I'm in the process of rebuilding (overhauling) a 4DR5 engine and it's now at the last stages. However in the meantime the revenue license is expired so that soon after vehicle is on it's all 4 I will have to take it to emission test. As I heard they revive the diesel engines at least 6 times and that's up to 2500 rpm or so. Now i'm having a big question whether to take it for the test soon after the repair or after a while when the engine is seasoned enough.

Would much appreciate your guys views on this, since the advise for newly built engines is not to revive hard. :unsure:

Edited by harshansenadhir

I'm in the process of rebuilding (overhauling) a 4DR5 engine and it's now at the last stages. However in the meantime the revenue license is expired so that soon after vehicle is on it's all 4 I will have to take it to emission test. As I heard they revive the diesel engines at least 6 times and that's up to 2500 rpm or so. Now i'm having a big question whether to take it for the test soon after the repair or after a while when the engine is seasoned enough.

Would much appreciate your guys views on this, since the advise for newly built engines is not to revive hard. :unsure:

I think in your case you can go to Maligawatte and 'pay the emission test fee straight to them' and get the Licence.

If you know what I mean.

I know few people have done it.

I think in your case you can go to Maligawatte and 'pay the emission test fee straight to them' and get the Licence.

If you know what I mean.

I know few people have done it.

yep 1000 buks is goin price...but u have to contact a good "kaakka"

but that is for desparate cases...i think 2500RPM is not a lot os strain on the engine,tune the engine fuel supply low and add a fuel additive,clean the engine bay with kerosene...then the most polluted engine will pass...

better wait a awhile to let the engine season though

yep 1000 buks is goin price...but u have to contact a good "kaakka"

but that is for desparate cases...i think 2500RPM is not a lot os strain on the engine,tune the engine fuel supply low and add a fuel additive,clean the engine bay with kerosene...then the most polluted engine will pass...

better wait a awhile to let the engine season though

Friend of mine 'paid' Rs600 for a bike.

So I guess Rs1000 for the cars.

Why can't they put up a price list there :lol:

Friend of mine 'paid' Rs600 for a bike.

So I guess Rs1000 for the cars.

Why can't they put up a price list there :lol:

Ahhhhh that’s news – good to know

In a way it’s sad to hear this but then this is SL – always a way around

We should have a grading for Kakka’s too

Ahhhhh that’s news – good to know

In a way it’s sad to hear this but then this is SL – always a way around

We should have a grading for Kakka’s too

Personally Me too don’t like paying money under the table to get some thing done illegally. Even if I can’t correct the public I am trying to do the things legally and advice my friends too. A bit of try to make some thing good to our country.

That’s why I took all the ‘effort and risk’ and went to the Drive Green station few weeks back and thank god I Passed the test got the certificate.

Some people try to get the revenue licence by paying ‘something’ as they don’t want to take a risk as if they failed the test still they will loose the testing fee of Rs 750.

So as long as there are ‘options’ peoples select the easiest and cheapest one.

The only solution is the govt can make a law of all the vehicle must keep the VET Certificate in the vehicle along with the insurance and revenue licence and the when ever the police stop the vehicle they can check the VET Certificate too and if not charge the driver.

This is the only way to make all the vehicle owners to think about the VET.

Like the MOT in the UK.

The only solution is the govt can make a law of all the vehicle must keep the VET Certificate in the vehicle along with the insurance and revenue licence and the when ever the police stop the vehicle they can check the VET Certificate too and if not charge the driver.

i think they are gonna impose such a law in the near future,according to rupavahini news yesterday.

going price where.. for me the RL has to be taken from a place in dehiwela... i dont have to go to maligawatta...

i had to go there cos two of mine have a lease on them..you have renew your licence from maligawatte in the first year after getting a lease..afterwards you can renew it from your local office...

Edited by HelRazor