• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Master In Car Design And Mobility , Milan , Italy

zonda

Guys, i have successfully completed the my undergraduate studies in university of moratuwa, and got selected for a master in automotive design in Milan, italy, coordinated by Marco Bonetto :blink:

Bonetto

http://www.mastercardesign.com/

Application & Registration

Participation to Master in Car design is restricted to a fixed number of students who are selected on the basis of the qualifications and materials they are required to send in. By this date the applicant must send Domus Academy the completed registration form, a letter of motivation, a detailed curriculum vitae, original certificates of courses attended and a portfolio of projects, containing a clear presentation, on paper or in digital format, of academic and professional work carried out. Applicants are also required a good knowledge of the English language.

Tuition fee and modality of payment

The tuition fee for EU citizens is 14.500,00 Euro + 20% VAT. For non-EU citizens the tuition fee is 17.000,00 Euro + 20% VAT.

In order to facilitate the participation to the Master of talented young designers, Domus Academy provides some scholarships covering part of the tuition fee.

Course schedule

The course lasts one year, from April to March, with a break in the month of August. It consists of two semesters, the first from April to November and the second from December to March. The second semester closes with the Master's projects dissertation and the exhibition. Classes are in session from Monday to Friday from 9.30 to 13.00, and from 14.00 to 17.00. Attendance is compulsory. Simultaneous translation into English is available during the first months of the course.

:rolleyes: Thanks to my participation in Desire design competition, i only have to pay 13,600 euro+ 20% VAT ( Basicaly an additional prize covering 20% of tuition fee from a jury of Marco Bonetto (Domus Academy, Master in Car Design Director), Walter De Silva (Volkswagen Group, Director of Design), Wolfgang Josef Egger, (Audi Group, Head of Design), Fabrizio Giugiaro (Italdesign Giugiaro, Style Director )) :jumping-smiley-013:

3342585633_4f552916a9.jpg

3343419568_5a6b8aff5e.jpg

3343814268_bec996de68.jpg

3343814632_b1363e6fa8.jpg

Since i am just been graduated , is there any posibility of financial assistance, :unsure:

to pay off:

*Tuition

*Student Loans

*Living Expenses

*Books

in either from italy or from sri lanka ? (thats a hell of a money fees + to survive )

plz help

Edited by zonda

Guys, i have successfully completed the my undergraduate studies in university of moratuwa, and got selected for a master in automotive design in Milan, italy, coordinated by Marco Bonetto :blink:

Bonetto

:rolleyes: Thanks to my participation in Desire design competition, i only have to pay 13,600 euro+ 20% VAT ( Basicaly an additional prize covering 20% of tuition fee from a jury of Marco Bonetto (Domus Academy, Master in Car Design Director), Walter De Silva (Volkswagen Group, Director of Design), Wolfgang Josef Egger, (Audi Group, Head of Design), Fabrizio Giugiaro (Italdesign Giugiaro, Style Director )) :jumping-smiley-013:

Since i am just been graduated , is there any posibility of financial assistance, :unsure:

to pay off:

*Tuition

*Student Loans

*Living Expenses

*Books

in either from italy or from sri lanka ? (thats a hell of a money fees + to survive )

plz help

congratulations dude!...

and good luck on finding a sponser too...:)

Edited by HelRazor

Wow Zonda! Great! Congrats! You are living my dream!! Hope everything goes well.

I'll start buying lottery tickets again! I know its not much hope but its the best I can offer! Have you checked our bankrupt government as yet? As grim as it sounds, it probably the only bet..... :(

Pls post us some of you sketches....

Wow Zonda! Great! Congrats! You are living my dream!! Hope everything goes well.

I'll start buying lottery tickets again! I know its not much hope but its the best I can offer! Have you checked our bankrupt government as yet? As grim as it sounds, it probably the only bet..... :(

Pls post us some of you sketches....

Thx for ur commets dude ,In fact I asked from the uni , but since we dont have a proper car industry the answer seems to be negative! its pathetic

Edited by zonda

done!

very impressive Zonda!

excellent how you've drwan from the human form and the overall design symmetry

:appl:

as for funds , there are various foundations, not nececarily automotive related that might be able to aid you in the form of a sponsorship

hmmm i'm just thinking out loud here, but seeing as Tharuyata Hetak is a new and active movement they might be interested in joining hands with you to ensure that a young Sri Lankan designer makes it to the next level, hopefully to be come a globally renown designer someday

we all wish you the very best with you endeavours Zonda

Edited by Devinda_Z

very impressive ..congradz ..mate

as for funds ...better try to talk to micro mate and try to get some help but surely they will think twice before saying no ..

sorry to break the news but bro the reality is its better off by your self... even though some one provided you with the initial money for the designing course fee surely i you will but you under a bond system(if the sponcer is a automaker/design studio) where you have to work under his shadow for a period of time ... and designs much more under quoted until you repay this ammount

the good part is you will get a job ... the bad part is even though you get better offers from another company you cannot leave from the god damn place cos you are tied with that aggriment ...

my advice is try to find at least the initial course fee even as bank loan, heard some banks provide you with student loans ... or check for a monthly installment system and fly off and show your colors over there ... as a fellow designer i can see alot of potential in your work of art and theres a good chance of getting noticed by some head hunting major auto maker who will allways pay up your fee and provide you with a attractive package ,,

if i were you surely i would sell some land or take a bank loan and fly off to grab my dream ....money is allways the reason for alot of good talent to vanish in the developing countries with out showing there real skill ...

best of luck mate ... hope you find your way around this ...

very impressive Zonda!

excellent how you've drwan from the human form and the overall design symmetry

:appl:

as for funds , there are various foundations, not nececarily automotive related that might be able to aid you in the form of a sponsorship

hmmm i'm just thinking out loud here, but seeing as Tharuyata Hetak is a new and active movement they might be interested in joining hands with you to ensure that a young Sri Lankan designer makes it to the next level, hopefully to be come a globally renown designer someday

we all wish you the very best with you endeavours Zonda

Thx 4 the commets man !

very impressive ..congradz ..mate

as for funds ...better try to talk to micro mate and try to get some help but surely they will think twice before saying no ..

sorry to break the news but bro the reality is its better off by your self... even though some one provided you with the initial money for the designing course fee surely i you will but you under a bond system(if the sponcer is a automaker/design studio) where you have to work under his shadow for a period of time ... and designs much more under quoted until you repay this ammount

the good part is you will get a job ... the bad part is even though you get better offers from another company you cannot leave from the god damn place cos you are tied with that aggriment ...

my advice is try to find at least the initial course fee even as bank loan, heard some banks provide you with student loans ... or check for a monthly installment system and fly off and show your colors over there ... as a fellow designer i can see alot of potential in your work of art and theres a good chance of getting noticed by some head hunting major auto maker who will allways pay up your fee and provide you with a attractive package ,,

if i were you surely i would sell some land or take a bank loan and fly off to grab my dream ....money is allways the reason for alot of good talent to vanish in the developing countries with out showing there real skill ...

best of luck mate ... hope you find your way around this ...

Wow! thx for ur damn good points mate! U know that y i asked that guys.. is it possible to work part time and cover the expences + course fee in a country like italy ( illegaly)?

Edited by zonda

Wow! thx for ur damn good points mate! U know that y i asked that guys.. is it possible to work part time and cover the expences + course fee in a country like italy ( illegaly)?

That

most countries put a cap on the number of hours students can work per week (ex: 20hrs etc)

so as long as you stay within those parameters you ought to be fine

don't forget that the course work load might not allow too much time for you to work either :mellow:

most countries put a cap on the number of hours students can work per week (ex: 20hrs etc)

so as long as you stay within those parameters you ought to be fine

don't forget that the course work load might not allow too much time for you to work either :mellow:

I am just been graduated therefore is it possible to hve a loan of this amount 13,000 euro

you can machang but not under your name the way i kw you need to keep some thing in the bank guess a deed of a land or a fix deposit which is equal or more to the ammount you take ...

plus a geranter who is earning and is willing to pay the ammount if you think to run away

you have to find someone who will be paying the installments monthly and he has to show how he is going to find the money guess it will be around 50k per month ... for 3 mil for the duration of 20 years ... at least he has to show bank statements and letters from his workplace ...

it's mind twisting ture and if you get selected for the loan it will take at least few weeks to get the money ..so do what ever you do you need to do it soon

i don't wan't to show the dark side of the picture but mate due to this financial probs around the world banks are a bit shy to give you loans but guess in srilanka if you have the proper influence you can do what ever you want ...

over there in italy you can work more than the limit illigally the only thing is you have to find a place where they pay you cash in hand ... not to your bank account where it will be taxed and can be traced and will lead many problems ...

oh damn ! :violent-smiley-030: it should be legaly , i confirm it should legaly

i know a sri lankan guy who's doing a phd with a scolarship over here. i'll ask him about it if i manage to catch up with him on time.

when does you course start anyways? its better if you wait till the war ends cos the rupee will go up and you'll have to pay less and less. see if you can arrange to pay it monthly or something.

as for jobs its a bad time to find a job in europe. if u can find one you are really lucky. its not like you cant work more hours illegally n get away with it. but i don't know much about that aspect. the rules could be stricter now because of the recession. not sure how it works out in italy anyways.

i think this is a small price to pay for a great opportunities in the future. i wouldnt let financial aid hold me back from something like this. in fact i'd rob a bank for this. if 3rd party aid seems bleak see if there's something u can get rid of in the family to aid this :P

my advice is you should try writing to a few companies that would possibly hire u upon completion of the course to ask them for financial aid. be careful with your drawings though. you might not wanna show them to anyone yet.

first of all congratulations for getting selected.

sorry if i sound like a party pooper, i doubt a local organization will help you out as upon graduation you wont be adding any value to the country as there's no such industry here to cater to your area of specialty. so your best bet is to seek help from a foreign organization. JadeyBlitzen's idea is the best (sadly only) option you got. you may have to enter into some sort of an agreement which i think is a good thing (even though the mafia boy disagree). it'll guarantee you an employment in these bad times. plus you been an amateur no matter how good you are you won't be able to do anything 'big' straight away. so it's always good to get that practical work experience under your belt to complement the academic achievements.

you have work hard to come this for (i think the majority of us are all well aware of the amount of work that goes into to get in to moratuwa uni) so don't give up now.

good luck mate and keep us posted

when does you course start anyways? its better if you wait till the war ends cos the rupee will go up and you'll have to pay less and less. see if you can arrange to pay it monthly or something.

ha ha ha ha are you sure you are not contesting for the western provincial election mate??????????????

I’ll try to keep this nice and simple, rupee is already over valued (hopefully won't be too long till it come down thanks to the IMF) with the current global economic turmoil military victories won't be able to turn around things that easily hence the reason why the government has made a U-turn and now begging from the IMF for money. At the end of the day we are a penniless nation and we do have to depend on international banks and countries to lend us money. If they too are struggling what hope do we have????

the way is see it it's going to take bit of time to for the country to develop after the war ends. It’s not going to be all hunky dory the very next day the lion flag is raised in Puthukkudiyiruppu. Grass is not going to be that green as the ruling party make it out to be.

i don't disagree .. the thing i'm telling is you will end up working as a donkey for some major dood for peanuts and they will reap the results of your hard work ....

it's good to get tied up in some place and work for them for some time to gain experience but don't forget the grass is much more greener on the other side

and about the srilankan rupee gaining more value .... i don't think that it will happen some time soon ..at least a good 5 years or more will take after the war to make that dream come true so till then the best advice is to ppl who are abroad is not to come to SL and for the ppl in SL to tighten there belts a little more cos the hard times are not over yet ....

i don't disagree .. the thing i'm telling is you will end up working as a donkey for some major dood for peanuts and they will reap the results of your hard work ....

it's good to get tied up in some place and work for them for some time to gain experience but don't forget the grass is much more greener on the other side

and about the srilankan rupee gaining more value .... i don't think that it will happen some time soon ..at least a good 5 years or more will take after the war to make that dream come true so till then the best advice is to ppl who are abroad is not to come to SL and for the ppl in SL to tighten there belts a little more cos the hard times are not over yet ....

sorry guys. im not the best person to turn to when it comes to economics. i'm just stating an observation. the pound has been steadily going down. and the euro is catching up now. not sure how exchange rates will hold on. but as u say if the rupee declines in value thats some bad news for me as well.

ha ha ha ha are you sure you are not contesting for the western provincial election mate??????????????

I’ll try to keep this nice and simple, rupee is already over valued (hopefully won't be too long till it come down thanks to the IMF) with the current global economic turmoil military victories won't be able to turn around things that easily hence the reason why the government has made a U-turn and now begging from the IMF for money. At the end of the day we are a penniless nation and we do have to depend on international banks and countries to lend us money. If they too are struggling what hope do we have????

the way is see it it's going to take bit of time to for the country to develop after the war ends. It’s not going to be all hunky dory the very next day the lion flag is raised in Puthukkudiyiruppu. Grass is not going to be that green as the ruling party make it out to be.

i'm afraid to ask xXx , but why must everything be so political? :huh:

(runs for cover after hitting the "Add Reply" button)

sorry guys. im not the best person to turn to when it comes to economics. i'm just stating an observation. the pound has been steadily going down. and the euro is catching up now. not sure how exchange rates will hold on. but as u say if the rupee declines in value thats some bad news for me as well.

GBP has been on the slid because bank of england has been chopping the interest rate inorder to kick start inflation. it's at an all time low of 0.5% (our is 10.5%). Euro has not been effected much because it represent a basket of economies. most of the countries who export goods has devalued their currencies to maintain the competitiveness in the world market (our country been the exception). we have a huge import bill so we can't afford to devalue the currency but then again if we don't we'll end up totally annihilating our export products.

i'm afraid to ask xXx , but why must everything be so political? :huh:

(runs for cover after hitting the "Add Reply" button)

he he he.....

answer to that question is already in your question my friend.

why must everything be so political? because every thing is political.

lets just say i'm giving the main opposition a bit of a hand in doing what they suppose to be doing. something they've been side tracked since of late.

on a more lighter note, just like you boys know your motors i know my politics (i do actually wish i did know a bit more about motors like you boys do) so when it comes to cracking jokes or drawing similarities i'd rather say something that i know and passionate about instead of boasting about my personnel life.