• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Price Gouging

Le Sabre

I came across a 2000 Ford Laser with english reg number and they were asking 1.6mil for it.

Is it worth that amount.

Also there was another place where the same model car was for sale and the asking price was Rs 1.1mil.

I have noticed that car prices in SL for a certain models is not fixed but depends on the seller.

Any opinions from the forum and their ideas on this topic.

kinda..

mainstream models do have fixed prices , but the rarer the cars are , then they tend to show large variences in prices quoted

another factor to keep in mind is how desperately the owner needs to flog it , the urgency sometimes explains the price..

i recall you asking about loads of Korean cars in the past , if your considering buying one of these i recon it would be a much better choice that the options you've previously explored

kinda..

mainstream models do have fixed prices , but the rarer the cars are , then they tend to show large variences in prices quoted

another factor to keep in mind is how desperately the owner needs to flog it , the urgency sometimes explains the price..

i recall you asking about loads of Korean cars in the past , if your considering buying one of these i recon it would be a much better choice that the options you've previously explored

also depending on condition of the vehicle though it's the same model...prices can vary quite a bit...

and also like dev said.... how fast the owner wants to ditch it too helps...

if you have patience to wait...most cars can be sold for a decent price i hear... you will somehow find a guy who's willing to take a jump without properly knowing about what he's getting into...

Agree with both the members – the condition of the car plays a big role- I generally would not hesitate to pay a bit more if the car has :

Few owners – basically its’ not been used as a prostitute

Have all maintenance records - been looked after

Overall condition is good –

However the 2000 Ford for 1.6 can be acceptable if it’s been looked after and if it’s a 1.5 manual version - IMO