• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How To Gain More Hp From A D15b Dual Carb Motor !

Devinda_N

Thanx machan !

Is thr r ny othr ways to get a bettr final drive retio ? othr than lowering the overall size of rims n tyrs ? ny modifications to the gear box , fly wheel maybe ?

Cheers!

:blink:

lighter flywheels, lighter rims\tires (14" or 15"), lowered ride height and the list goes on <_<

No a SIR gear box does not fit your engine. Please post a pic of your header. I always trust the original gear box fluid sold at the Agents. However after switching car brands- I'd recommend the mobil stuff which is pretty expensive. Yes engine oil can be used- but I prefer not to

Thnx again machan !

Ok then its gonna be a vti gearbox.... i will post some pics tomorow.... im getting the final paint done tomorow.. a frnd of mine who was a honda boy for last 10 years said dat for hondas u have to put engine oil n its a must! ny advice on that ?

Cheers!

hehe..just a joke bro..yea even the member of the honda civic forum would advice you to use engine oil, but as pila has also mentioned, try your best to stick with the genuine stuff. Service stations would advice you to put the 80W oil that they normally stock, but dont ever fill it up with that shit. Whats the engine oil you are using? would you mind telling us about the mileage on your car? :)

:jumping-smiley-013: yeah.................. machan im using mobile engine oil , thou i cnt remembr da grade ! i used normal gear oil and nw its bit stiff when shifting gears....... wil engine oil help it or is thr a good gearbox oil for hondas ? nahh.. machan i hv jst over 16 on da clock !

Cheers!

:unsure:

well, I don't have much of an idea abt this tranny swap, but I guess it wud improve your gear ratios as mentioned above :)

well, I don't think your intake tubing would make much of a difference, and incase your gonna use a short ram intake, most probably your filter is gonna breathe hot air :D

X2 , header pics :D

Thnx shanX !

im gonna look into da gear box swap next week ! ill let u knw da updats......

i dnt hv ny intrest for a ram air intake.. i jst wanna do da piping in 3"tubes for bettr cold air breathing n use da stock filtr ..

i will post u da pics 2moro ! ill be in da garage tomorow till they gt my pain fully done ! lol :rolleyes:

Cheers!

lighter flywheels, lighter rims\tires (14" or 15"), lowered ride height and the list goes on <_<

thnx machan ! can u find lighter flywheels for D15b s here in SL? mmmm cnt do nyy thing with the rim sizing at the moment ! :( ............. lowering ryd ha....? is it practical in our roads ?

Cheers!

Thnx again machan !

a frnd of mine who was a honda boy for last 10 years said dat for hondas u have to put engine oil n its a must! ny advice on that ?

Cheers!

You see why I am not so complimentary about these honda boys? Honestly, if it weren't for blokes like Pila, Chang, Nigel and a few others, I'd have thought the whole bunch of them were morons!

Edited by Pericles

You see why I am not so complimentary about these honda boys? Honestly, if it weren't for blokes like Pila, Chang, Nigel and a few others, I'd have thought the whole bunch of them were morons!

ROFL! Well Nissan's run on water ;) Honda on oil! :P

No you cant alter the final drive ratio just like that. Lightening the fly wheel is something completely seperate. - usually this can be done at a lath. IMO really not worth while- as the car becomes a head ache to drive on a day to day basis- as you will lose the little torque your little Honda motor procudes.

ROFL! Well Nissan's run on water ;) Honda on oil! :P

No you cant alter the final drive ratio just like that. Lightening the fly wheel is something completely seperate. - usually this can be done at a lath. IMO really not worth while- as the car becomes a head ache to drive on a day to day basis- as you will lose the little torque your little Honda motor procudes.

Thnx machan ! i talkd to my frnd.. he is bringing down da vti gear box to cmb in Monday... ill keep u updated abt da swaping ! yep more lightend fly wheels i guess! :action-smiley-060:

Cheers!

:jumping-smiley-013: yeah.................. machan im using mobile engine oil , thou i cnt remembr da grade ! i used normal gear oil and nw its bit stiff when shifting gears....... wil engine oil help it or is thr a good gearbox oil for hondas ? nahh.. machan i hv jst over 16 on da clock !

Cheers!

:unsure:

yea thats cos of the higher viscosity of the normal gear oil. Yes, engine oil will solve the problem but using the recommended gearbox oil wont hurt. Seriously, you guys spend a fortune on body kits and other bling bling stuff, so why not spend a bit on buying the right oil for your car. ;) Gear oil last for ages, so you dont have to worry about changing it that often.

yea thats cos of the higher viscosity of the normal gear oil. Yes, engine oil will solve the problem but using the recommended gearbox oil wont hurt. Seriously, you guys spend a fortune on body kits and other bling bling stuff, so why not spend a bit on buying the right oil for your car. ;) Gear oil last for ages, so you dont have to worry about changing it that often.

Thnx machan ! Is thr any recommended oil for honda ? :rolleyes:

Thnx machan ! i talkd to my frnd.. he is bringing down da vti gear box to cmb in Monday... ill keep u updated abt da swaping ! yep more lightend fly wheels i guess! :action-smiley-060:

Cheers!

usual aftermarket flywheels are around 30% lighter. i doubt a 10-20% reduction in mass wouldnt hurt much. but then again u might not notice much of a difference either.

usual aftermarket flywheels are around 30% lighter. i doubt a 10-20% reduction in mass wouldnt hurt much. but then again u might not notice much of a difference either.

thnx machan ! whr can i find an aftermarket flywheel here in colombo?

Cheers! :rolleyes: