• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Has Anyone Seen A Ghost When Driving?

Thanushka

Personally I don't believe in ghosts and I haven't seen any. But I met certain people who swear by the god that they have seen some and most of them are don't like to talk about them. Following are some of the stores.

Few year back in Kirulapana, at the starting point of the Baseline road, according to most people, it is a haunted place. There was a big banner posted by one of incurrence companies about a girl who was killed by a drunken driver. Most people says at midnight when you are driving near the bill board the little girl turns her head and starts to smile with the drivers. Couple of my friends who heard about this took several rides near it in the mid nite. According to them when they are passing that place for the 5th time the girl has turned her head and smiled with them. All of them have seen it at that time. And they don't like to talk about it.

After the tsunami most of the drivers claims they saw ghosts. One family who went to see their relatives in Mathera in their van, just after the roads are cleared, has picked up a school girl on the way @ abt 9.30 pm. They thought she has missed the bus stopped to give her a lift. She got in and sit on the back seat. And asked her where did she want to get off. And when they reached the pace, which she was mentioned, the girl was missing. Then they talked to the people in that house. They have told them that it was their daughter and she was dead in the tsunami. And most days she came home like that. That was told by my uncle and that couple is his friends.

And also when the president Premadasa was assassinated, people says during night he get on to the three wheels and ask them to take him to his house. During that time most of the three wheel drivers has seen his ghost and most of them stopped working at night.

So is there anyone in AL that actually have seen a Ghost or is have anything to share?

I have seen trafic ghosts hiding behind bushes to catch line cutting drivers at Malabe in the night :lol:

Have seen them too... some of them aim speed guns while others create traffic jams :D

I have seen trafic ghosts hiding behind bushes to catch line cutting drivers at Malabe in the night :lol:

Oh ya, I have seen them too. And they appear only to the middle class vehicles. :action-smiley-060:

Personally I don't believe in ghosts and I haven't seen any. But I met certain people who swear by the god that they have seen some and most of them are don't like to talk about them. Following are some of the stores.

Few year back in Kirulapana, at the starting point of the Baseline road, according to most people, it is a haunted place. There was a big banner posted by one of incurrence companies about a girl who was killed by a drunken driver. Most people says at midnight when you are driving near the bill board the little girl turns her head and starts to smile with the drivers. Couple of my friends who heard about this took several rides near it in the mid nite. According to them when they are passing that place for the 5th time the girl has turned her head and smiled with them. All of them have seen it at that time. And they don't like to talk about it.

Thanushka, this particular billboard was put up by the orgnaization where my cousin was handling the marketing aspects.

The image is a combination of 2-3 images of different children , so essentially there is no such child.

For your own good don't believe eveything people say my friend.

This explains the phenominon... er... the smiling bit would be simple imagination... :action-smiley-060:

Hack yo mind!

Edited by isam

For those non believers, here's one caught on tape. Look carefully <_<

LOL nice try mani.. :P .i reconized the familiar car and the winding road instantly so i was prepared...this vid is on youtube under all kinds of differant names...

but it scared the hell outta me when i watched bout a year ago! :mellow:

my ex gf always looked like a zombie under the street lights while driving,particularly during the last bit of our relationship :D

:D :D :D LOL

There were many stories on a lady who gets onto the taxis from Kanattha junction saying she is going to pick up her child from school... Probably the stories made up by the Trisho drivers to keep away the competition :D

:D :D :D LOL

There were many stories on a lady who gets onto the taxis from Kanattha junction saying she is going to pick up her child from school... Probably the stories made up by the Trisho drivers to keep away the competition :D

ahhh the famous kanaththa junc story...i've heard many differant variations of the same story but they all involve a woman wearing white,reminds me of an episode sirasa aired on their practical joke show :lol:

EDIT --- found the vid!....

:lol: Edited by HelRazor

ahhh the famous kanaththa junc story...i've heard many differant variations of the same story but they all involve a woman wearing white,reminds me of an episode sirasa aired on their practical joke show :lol:

:lol:

hahahaha i remember that vid on sirasa...twas so damn funny how the guy jus ran like there is no tomorrow

:lol:

:D Nice to see people take these as jokes... Those are hilarious...

thought this would be an interesting topic when I first saw, but seems otherwise. However in my driving experience I've driven in midnights, early mornings, on remote areas said to be haunted places (yes alone) but never encountered one although wanted very much to see how they looks like <_< . But one of my close relatives claims that he encountered one in well known place in Kaluthara - Mathugama road. Also quoting my father's driving experience he did traveling everywhere in 88-89 era where large scale "roadside cremations" took place, yet he hasn't encountered with a single incident.

thought this would be an interesting topic when I first saw, but seems otherwise.

yeah,i too would like to see this topic do well,as i am a mystery and horror story buff myself( huge allen poe fan btw)....we can all share stories we've experienced or share stories we've heard from others.....and not worry if they are true or not :)

as tharindu6 said its just your mind. and my mind doesnt tremble when i'm in a car cos i'm always feeling happy and secure :)

my grandfather once told me that he had an encounter with a ghost sitting on the back of his 403 one night back in the 1950s. those were lonely times and i must confess he believed in supernatural stuff. not that i dont (i only admit that i dont) :)

this is not related to driving but i worked in a cinema last year which was built on the site of community centre where a little kids jumped off the diving board and splattered all over the pool side. and his ghost was said to be still lurking inside the cinema. i thought it was just a hoax at first and one night i was walking throught the hallways behind the screens. and i heard child screaming and lots of people shouting continously. i thought it was coming from the pub next door. so i ignored it. but then i spoke to my superiors and found out the story was in fact true and those hallways that run behind the screens are in fact firewalled between the pub. and all the films had finished by then. and all the viewers have left. and there's no way there can be that many people or kids somewhere audible at 2 in the morning. so i guess thats my first and so far only encounter with the supernatural

in 1983-84 JVP have killed so many people near Attidiya bridge, still some people say they see ghosts when passing that area, the same location we park our cars, have a lill chat and finish some bottles, but we never seen ghosts there,

once when we goin to Rantabe at midnight we heard some noices and then saw few Eliphents middle of the road, thats scary than seen ghosts, lol