• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ferrari F50 Clutch Install

GearHead

i wonder how many Gs the owner had to blow on this. But then again if you have money to buy a Ferrari F50, spending money on something like this wouldnt be a big issue... :lol:

yep. i remember hearing somewhere that service 3 of a mclaren f1 costs £25000!!!

and rowan atkinson has 2. right! thats either service both cars or buy a brand new range rover

yep. i remember hearing somewhere that service 3 of a mclaren f1 costs £25000!!!

and rowan atkinson has 2. right! thats either service both cars or buy a brand new range rover

For a goofy looking guy, he's making a pretty good living. I think you're right on the price tag of that service. My recollection is $16,000 for the first service. They wax the under carriage for that price too though so it's worth every penny. :yahoo:

Wiki says 1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rowan_Atkinson#Cars

And its been in an accident. Pic of the car here.

http://cars.uk.msn.com/Fun/article.aspx?cp-documentid=474669

Great pics! Thanks for sharing mate!

Any reason to remove the cluch? It looks like an already regd car.A snag ,a routine replacement o something?

MINIACE

no worries machan.

I have no idea machan. Came across these pics in another forum. Read the whole thread, but couldnt find the answer to your question.. :(

Edited by GearHead

no worries machan.

I have no idea machan. Came across these pics in another forum. Read the whole thread, but couldnt find the answer to your question.. :(

Thanks mate! It sure looks like a big job isnt it? split half the car for just a clutch job...Pinnin designers must design somthing simple next time (if its a clutch replacement only )ha ha.

MINIACE

Thanks mate! It sure looks like a big job isnt it? split half the car for just a clutch job...Pinnin designers must design somthing simple next time (if its a clutch replacement only )ha ha.

MINIACE

hehe thats true.I was reading another forum the other day and came across the following i

"I used to work in a Ferrari dealership and saw many Ferrari vehicles dissasembled int his fashion. If the car requires anything more than an oil change then its just easier to remove the entire rear bodywork/subframe in one unit and work on it off the car.

The dealership had this really cool dolly/workstation where the techs could work on the transmission and engine at ground level."

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthrea...1410&page=2

well its because in most ferraris the engine itself is a part of the structure. thats why they just get ripped to bits when they crash. cos as strong as it may be its very brittle. but its a better solution rather than having to build a whole spaceframe to accomodate various suspension and body components which is highly unnecessary when the engine is so rigid.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...