• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The Best Suv Around Town

kotte mafia

8 seater prado???? how does that work???? 3 seats in the front?

2,3,3, We were two families went on a short trip, each family got 4 members.

2,3,3, We were two families went on a short trip, each family got 4 members.

machang just because you can squeeze in 3 people in the last row of seats doesn’t make it a 8 seater. it is still classified as a 7 seater IMO

machang just because you can squeeze in 3 people in the last row of seats doesn’t make it a 8 seater. it is still classified as a 7 seater IMO

By Meomory I remember we all wear the seat belts. I will comfirm it during the easer break. They are coming down to my place in their Prado

i don't mind being the middle man in a back seat of a prado in a bumpy road when theres two hot girls around me ... :angry-smiley-048:

xxx machang saloon cars are out of the list he had some pretty bad experences with me the last time he went on a trip in a FB15 & top of that it won't last longer to tell the tale cos theres alot of bad road ahead for him when he comes down.the bugger is dfoing ok with his business and he has no problem is spending some cash on a good ride for the family but when a LR3 or something similer is around close to 30mil its better to drive a small SUV and inverst the rest in some business and get the profit out of it rather than sitting on top of it and wasteing more on it ...

and by the way we were thinking of the petrol versions machang cos we personally think petrol is always the way GO ....

parak machang we were thinking of a family SUV where you can hold around 5 people easyly with a decent boot space for a normal camping event equipment list so i guess what you mentioned is not in his list but thankz for talking out loud

we were thinking to get help from a person who has a non transferble peper permit to do the dirty work for us so both of us can get a profit out of a loop hole in the system and buy something highend any comments abt it ...

by the way any ideas on the pricing on LC100 and the LC120 ?

if your budget is around 8 mil the montero is the best option. cos for that sort of money you could find a decent 2000-2002 diesel. and the prado at that time is old and dated. however if you can mess about with that budget a bit more lc120 is a better car cos its a newer model and its packed with better technology. the pick of the range is the 4.0 v6 for me. though that will require quite a few more millions. and it'll cost you 14k rupees to brim the tank. however i always had a soft spot for the lc100. and its the roomiest most comfortable and probably the best offroader. however this is the oldest of the lot and a one of 65 plates would be quite used up.

i don't mind being the middle man in a back seat of a prado in a bumpy road when theres two hot girls around me ... :angry-smiley-048:

xxx machang saloon cars are out of the list he had some pretty bad experences with me the last time he went on a trip in a FB15 & top of that it won't last longer to tell the tale cos theres alot of bad road ahead for him when he comes down.the bugger is dfoing ok with his business and he has no problem is spending some cash on a good ride for the family but when a LR3 or something similer is around close to 30mil its better to drive a small SUV and inverst the rest in some business and get the profit out of it rather than sitting on top of it and wasteing more on it ...

and by the way we were thinking of the petrol versions machang cos we personally think petrol is always the way GO ....

parak machang we were thinking of a family SUV where you can hold around 5 people easyly with a decent boot space for a normal camping event equipment list so i guess what you mentioned is not in his list but thankz for talking out loud

we were thinking to get help from a person who has a non transferble peper permit to do the dirty work for us so both of us can get a profit out of a loop hole in the system and buy something highend any comments abt it ...

by the way any ideas on the pricing on LC100 and the LC120 ?

if by that statement you mean there are lot of bad roads in his neighborhood, i think he better use that car money to relocate to a better postcode near colombo

if you are looking for a petrol vehicle Land Cruiser is the way forward. as i said you can get hold of a LC100 brought under a tsunami permit on a 'K' plate for around 8 - 8.5 mind you vehicel is 10 years old but atleast those 10 years are spent in japan and you can pick up a LC110 between 9 - 10 you can also pick up the new montero for just over 10. if your friend is a bit of a showoff i'd recommend the later one.

most of the luxury/bigger SUV's brought under the permits (MP and PCM) are diesel. so you are better off buying a regular import. plus you won't be able to get any finance for permit vehicles as they are non-transferable. you just missed a permit of a newly appointed chief minister. but the vehicle he ordered was diesel and the total cost (vehicle + cost of permit) was almost twice your budget.

oh BTW LR3 is the newer freelander right? if so why are you comparing it with prado's and LC's IMO they are in two different leagues

sorry forgot to add the second half of my reply, if its up to me i'd buy a GDI montero for around 5mil for daily use and then spend about another 5 mil and buy a euro sedan for especial occasions. you should be able to squeeze in merc w203, jag X, jag S on a 300/301 plate, bmw e39, bmw e46 face-lift in to that budget.

or he can do THE most sensible thing and just buy a GDI montero and invest the rest of the money in real estate, there has never been a better time to increase you property portfolio. you did mention his business is doing well i hope it got no connections with the SL economy, if it does i'll really stick to the second option. i know many sound business individuals struggling just for survival.

if by that statement you mean there are lot of bad roads in his neighborhood, i think he better use that car money to relocate to a better postcode near colombo

if you are looking for a petrol vehicle Land Cruiser is the way forward. as i said you can get hold of a LC100 brought under a tsunami permit on a 'K' plate for around 8 - 8.5 mind you vehicel is 10 years old but atleast those 10 years are spent in japan and you can pick up a LC110 between 9 - 10 you can also pick up the new montero for just over 10. if your friend is a bit of a showoff i'd recommend the later one.

most of the luxury/bigger SUV's brought under the permits (MP and PCM) are diesel. so you are better off buying a regular import. plus you won't be able to get any finance for permit vehicles as they are non-transferable. you just missed a permit of a newly appointed chief minister. but the vehicle he ordered was diesel and the total cost (vehicle + cost of permit) was almost twice your budget.

oh BTW LR3 is the newer freelander right? if so why are you comparing it with prado's and LC's IMO they are in two different leagues

LR3 is the Discovery mate... LR2 is the freelander.

sorry forgot to add the second half of my reply, if its up to me i'd buy a GDI montero for around 5mil for daily use and then spend about another 5 mil and buy a euro sedan for especial occasions. you should be able to squeeze in merc w203, jag X, jag S on a 300/301 plate, bmw e39, bmw e46 face-lift in to that budget.

or he can do THE most sensible thing and just buy a GDI montero and invest the rest of the money in real estate, there has never been a better time to increase you property portfolio. you did mention his business is doing well i hope it got no connections with the SL economy, if it does i'll really stick to the second option. i know many sound business individuals struggling just for survival.

Good advice mate

If this Pajero and Montero is the same(No Monteros in Australia) I go with your advice. Two of my freinds got petrol pajeros(latest version), they love it. One of these guys have a X5 as well. But they very happy with the Pajero(Montero) because of the technology foldable hideaway third row and good space. We did a allday long trip to Melbourne ( 736 km) and back on a (I guess it was a 2004 or 05 model) occupying all 7 seats and enough luggage for 4 nights stay. No trouble at all. Plenty of power in overtaking.

luckyly XXX he is not doing any business in SL and his business is stable abraod but he has some investments handed down from his parnets in the hill country so thats why he needs the 4X4 for the trips up and down ... by the way the bugger is living in kotte so guess he dosen't need to change his postal code cos thats one of the best places in SL to live in . :jumping-smiley-013: .. so guess the best thing is to go for is the new montero it seems cos you get a newer car and hell yah this is a good time to buy land ........ prices are really ok :blink:

he is a down to earth dood and hates to keep alot of vehicles at his place ... so guess the idea will never cross his mind ... but will see may he will end up buying two cos he is kind of that unpredictable type ...

thankz alot guys for all the help on the subject ...

luckyly XXX he is not doing any business in SL and his business is stable abraod but he has some investments handed down from his parnets in the hill country so thats why he needs the 4X4 for the trips up and down ... by the way the bugger is living in kotte so guess he dosen't need to change his postal code cos thats one of the best places in SL to live in . :jumping-smiley-013: .. so guess the best thing is to go for is the new montero it seems cos you get a newer car and hell yah this is a good time to buy land ........ prices are really ok :blink:

he is a down to earth dood and hates to keep alot of vehicles at his place ... so guess the idea will never cross his mind ... but will see may he will end up buying two cos he is kind of that unpredictable type ...

thankz alot guys for all the help on the subject ...

if i was in his shoes my choice will be a LC100 or a 110. but they are notoriously hard to get rid of. size of the engine put most the buyers off. if he can afford, new montero is the best buy. should be able to find a recon recently registered one for around 11.

talking about LR3's should be able to get hold of a register one for around 15/16. owners does quote insane prices but they never move. bit of hard haggling will help to seal the deal around that price. there is a MP permit diesel one going for much cheaper.

Hi all

Whilst appreciating views from all, would like to add that the most brand new imports compared to

the domestic ( recon) models got a different suspension, and less in options like the trim,

some times even the metal is little weaker on the brand news.

The domestics got to compete with other models and got stricter consumer protection laws.

I personally think a domestic one is better,

Good luck

if i was in his shoes my choice will be a LC100 or a 110. but they are notoriously hard to get rid of. size of the engine put most the buyers off. if he can afford, new montero is the best buy. should be able to find a recon recently registered one for around 11.

talking about LR3's should be able to get hold of a register one for around 15/16. owners does quote insane prices but they never move. bit of hard haggling will help to seal the deal around that price. there is a MP permit diesel one going for much cheaper.

Heard on the grapevine recently about an LR3 that went for 13.5 Mill.... Not too surprising considering the current market conditions.

Hi all

Whilst appreciating views from all, would like to add that the most brand new imports compared to

the domestic ( recon) models got a different suspension, and less in options like the trim,

some times even the metal is little weaker on the brand news.

The domestics got to compete with other models and got stricter consumer protection laws.

I personally think a domestic one is better,

Good luck

yup you are correct. i'm a massive JDM fan as they got all the bells and whistles. only issue is the onboard computer/display thing is in Japanese. it can be a bit of a headache when it come to luxury rides like the LC100 where even the A/C controllers are embedded to the touch screen monitor.

other issue with brandnew imports is agents cut back lot of options to keep the vehicle affordable. for example the entry level diesel montero with the 2.8l power plant is quite underpowered and the entry level corolla don't have basic options like ABS.

as JD said in another thread about brandnew maruti's sometimes i don't get the mentality behind buying certain brandnew vehicles. what's the point in having a car all shiny and new with '0'km's on the ODO if it doesn't even have the basic options like ABS?