• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tata Nano - First Drive

Supra_Natural

Glad to see those guys who used to hate "Anything Indian" at last admiring an Indian Vehicle (i.e. TATA NANO) :)

hey dude...you go out of your way to make yourself unpopular dont ya?

what supra clearly says is that he likes the nano...and the maruti not as much...simple ne?...them both being indian has very little to do with it.

W. T. F.? :blink:

it's no use machan...it's like banging your head against a wall..."persistency is a fool's best asset" as they say...i learned that bit personally over the last week at Al. :lol:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what supra clearly says is that he likes the nano...and the maruti not as much...simple ne?...them both being indian has very little to do with it.

it's no use machan...it's like banging your head against a wall..."persistency is a fool's best asset" as they say...i learned that bit personally over the last week at Al. :lol:

You better go through that Maruti thread to see how this Batallion scoffed at even Indian-made Hondas.

seriously dude, you need to start making your point a bit clearer.... WHAT are you trying to say now?

Since Indian Automobile Industry has come out of age (though still not upto Japanese or German standards.)each and every Indian made vehicle should not be dismissed, as was the case 10 years ago.

Forget about Marutis, but in "that" thread, the way most of you commented on Indian vehicles (Read Anything Indian) made me think that you all will never ever admire a TATA vehicle.

So I was surprised to find this thread made up of favorable comments on Tata Nano. :)

haha, im sure you can relate machan! still you must admit that the argument itself can often be quite entertaining! :lol: head over to the Maruti thread to see what i mean...

Since Indian Automobile Industry has come out of age (though still not upto Japanese or German standards.)each and every Indian made vehicle should not be dismissed, as was the case 10 years ago.

Forget about Marutis, but in "that" thread, the way most of you commented on Indian vehicles (Read Anything Indian) made me think that you all will never ever admire a TATA vehicle.

So I was surprised to find this thread made up of favorable comments on Tata Nano. :)

ah well, you should note that not Everybody on the thread dissed EVERYTHING indian, just some people who had more passionate opinions than others... Most people were just unloading on marutis because they were cheap and crappy copies of ancient japanese cars. The Nano on the other hand is a true example of innovative thinking to create something totally new, which is why it's being admired. :)

ah well, you should note that not Everybody on the thread dissed EVERYTHING indian, just some people who had more passionate opinions than others... Most people were just unloading on marutis because they were cheap and crappy copies of ancient japanese cars. The Nano on the other hand is a true example of innovative thinking to create something totally new, which is why it's being admired. :)

I understood. :)

Apparently, you thought wrong. You see, some ppl actually look at the car before waving the flag. Just coz you seem to love "Anything Indian" doesn't mean the forum members just hate anything Indian. It means they are motoring enthusiasts who don't like sub standard products.

Depends on what you mean by "Decent". Since I am physically unable to drive a maruti (Don't fit in the drivers seat), I doubt I'll find the Nano any better (even smaller, I think?) so no, I don't think its decent :D

bit of a late reply, but this nano is 28 percent more spacious than maruti on length as well as on height.

check this out :)

tatananovsmaruti800.th.jpg

Based on that, maybe I'll fit in the front passenger seat. Biggest issue is knees hitting the dash, but the way this is shaped maybe can avoid that. Maybe even that back if I have the whole back seat to myself :D

PRESS RELEASE

Tata Motors delivers first Tata Nano in the country in Mumbai

Mumbai, July 17, 2009: Tata Motors is pleased to announce that Mr. Ashok Raghunath Vichare of Mumbai has become the first customer in India of the Tata Nano. Mr. Vichare received his choice, the Tata Nano LX (Lunar Silver), at the hands of the Chairman of Tata Sons and Tata Motors, Mr. Ratan N. Tata, at the company's dealership, Concorde Motors, today.

Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Tata said, "I hope the Tata Nano will bring motoring pleasure to those who will be buying their first car as also those who currently own cars but want a modern, contemporary, emission-friendly city car."

Along with Mr. Vichare, two other customers, Mr. Ashish Balakrishnan (Tata Nano LX – Sunshine Yellow) and Kores India Limited (Tata Nano LX – Lunar Silver), also received their cars today.

As planned, Tata Motors has commenced deliveries of the Tata Nano this month to different towns and cities of the country. Despatches to dealerships have begun from the Pantnagar plant, where the car is being produced, in accordance with schedules informed to customers.

More Info, Links and video over at Autoblog