• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

April!

KLM

well done Darin..wish u all the very best at radella..

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats Farzan..wish u all the very best at radella and foxhill..

Racing Mahagastote was fantastic! As KLM pointed out to me the track surface was far from what it was when I last saw it. I tried to get used to the car before the event but only had very little seat time. Eventually drove it in full race trim (ECU, ALS and slicks) only for two runs on practice and once on race day because we had to save the ailing clutch for Radella as well. My first run on practice day I overshot the 2nd hairpin so that run was toast. My only two timed runs were the 2nd run on practice day (41.x seconds) and the first on race day (38.6 seconds). I left a lot of time between 2nd hairpin and Wakefield because the car bounced so much under power and I felt a wrong foot would have put me into a tea bush. Not to mention I was driving someone else's car! But in conclusion it was a great experience, and my hats off to those who have the balls to get into the 36 second range.

Darin put in a great time! Also impressive was Romani in a COMPLETELY STOCK STi RAR on street tires, no ALS, and in full road trim. I think he said his car weighed in at around 1430kgs, and the minimum weight limit for the class was 1200kgs!

I have some in-car footage from practice day that I'll try and upload once I get back home.

Good luck to everyone running Radella and Foxhill!

P.S. Thanks for the pics Devinda_Z

got just handful of shots :(

realized that it was far more enjoyable to just watch :)

Hmmm, so now you know what I have to miss to bring you guys full coverage. At least hill climbs are run one car at a time. Missing action thats happening just out of the view finder while tracking someone is REALLY annoying!

Hmmm, so now you know what I have to miss to bring you guys full coverage. At least hill climbs are run one car at a time. Missing action thats happening just out of the view finder while tracking someone is REALLY annoying!

i have new respect for the work you do :D

but i swear my life would have been a lot easier and i'd have had more photographs had i been using a proper camera instead of a phone cam!

i found a lovely vantage point toward the end of the day - could see everysingle corner in full detail , bar the start n finish lines - only issue is that one would need a good camera with zoom lense to make the best of it

And where are YOUR pics, Mister!?!

he was busy hiding from the drizzle inside a little make shift tent with a cop :P

but i was really impressed by Max's mountain goat-esq antics when it came to finding a good vantage point - his pictures shoud be good :)

Was looking forward to meeting you at the tracks Charith, but I only saw you during your run. Hats off to Nishan for the fastest timing once again.

Nishan's run just seemed so effortless! :blink:

yeah was hoping i'd get a chance to say hi as well Charith , but wanted to get outta the hills before the sun went down so had to take off before the 2nd set of runs for the GT's :(

Racing Mahagastote was fantastic! As KLM pointed out to me the track surface was far from what it was when I last saw it. I tried to get used to the car before the event but only had very little seat time. Eventually drove it in full race trim (ECU, ALS and slicks) only for two runs on practice and once on race day because we had to save the ailing clutch for Radella as well. My first run on practice day I overshot the 2nd hairpin so that run was toast. My only two timed runs were the 2nd run on practice day (41.x seconds) and the first on race day (38.6 seconds). I left a lot of time between 2nd hairpin and Wakefield because the car bounced so much under power and I felt a wrong foot would have put me into a tea bush. Not to mention I was driving someone else's car! But in conclusion it was a great experience, and my hats off to those who have the balls to get into the 36 second range.

Darin put in a great time! Also impressive was Romani in a COMPLETELY STOCK STi RAR on street tires, no ALS, and in full road trim. I think he said his car weighed in at around 1430kgs, and the minimum weight limit for the class was 1200kgs!

I have some in-car footage from practice day that I'll try and upload once I get back home.

Good luck to everyone running Radella and Foxhill!

P.S. Thanks for the pics Devinda_Z

your welcome :) , i'm sad i don't have very many more :(

would love to see the incar footage charith

you could see or more to the point , hear the RA-R struggle for grip with those tires :mellow: shame really..

enjoyed Darin's run and was desperately hoping he could pip the evos - here's hoping he does just that in Radella! :)

he was busy hiding from the drizzle inside a little make shift tent with a cop :P

but i was really impressed by Max's mountain goat-esq antics when it came to finding a good vantage point - his pictures shoud be good :)

Oh great, weather proof body, weather proof lens, but apparently, man made of sugar the melts in the drizzle! Dammit Max!

PS, if it starts raining at Foxhill, you can retire to a tent with my cam, I'll take yours out. I got myself a raincoat in Nuwara-Eliya last year, so I'm good to go :D

hey guys., dnt forget to check out the video section of the sri lanka motor sports club FB gp..Romani's run looked absolutely amazing and effortless and also not to forget the amazing waste gate noise of Darin's sti 8..awesome...u cn hear it from miles away..lol

all in all was a great weekend, although the organization left a lot to be desired IMHO..

I too heard about the lack of....

Can you guys all chip in with your comments and suggestions? We have been trying to improve conditions but as you know every year we have almost the same issues. If this forum can post some of the issues and suggested remedies it will be taken up at the next CMSC meeting. This I promise.

Please feel free to be as critical as possible ( As its in the spirit of motorsport) and I will ensure I post the feedback on this forum.

So far the issues I have heard are

Lack of food / water / refreshments - both days ?

Timing equipment failing many a time

Classics not being timed.

Race Cars and classics mixing and creating havoc

No practice runs for classics

Lack of driver briefing / communication- specially for the first timers .

Traffic snarl.

I had a blast in my friend Mini 1275 Fuel Injected. Must try and buy a mini............after some lottery luck.......

Saw a couple of guys in a Red Skyline and 2 Subaru STI9s (Black and Greenish Silver) .racing their way toward NEliya few days back..............@about 160Km/H and saw 2 Red RX8 one with a sunroof........both of them in the 7xxxx Series..........nos.....

all in all was a great weekend, although the organization left a lot to be desired IMHO..

I too heard about the lack of....

Can you guys all chip in with your comments and suggestions? We have been trying to improve conditions but as you know every year we have almost the same issues. If this forum can post some of the issues and suggested remedies it will be taken up at the next CMSC meeting. This I promise.

Please feel free to be as critical as possible ( As its in the spirit of motorsport) and I will ensure I post the feedback on this forum.

So far the issues I have heard are

Lack of food / water / refreshments - both days ?

Timing equipment failing many a time

Classics not being timed.

Race Cars and classics mixing and creating havoc

No practice runs for classics

Lack of driver briefing / communication- specially for the first timers .

Traffic snarl.

I had a blast in my friend Mini 1275 Fuel Injected. Must try and buy a mini............after some lottery luck.......

You seem to have covered all the important points Prad... Main things I had a grouse with were the fact that the classics were not timed, and the mixing up of race cars and the classics..... Lack of a refreshments stand was a bit of a downer as well :(

Mind you All said in good spirit mate, I imagine it must be a hell of a lot of work to get such a thing together, and it's all very well for us to sit on the sidelines and find fault... Was just pointing out what I felt would have made for a more enjoyable time for all.... :)

for my first time out, i thought it was a good event except that it was just too long. towards the end, everyone was just getting really restless.

and some form of briefing would have been good on practice and race day. practice was in my opinion a free for all.. run as you are.

Saw a couple of guys in a Red Skyline and 2 Subaru STI9s (Black and Greenish Silver) .racing their way toward NEliya few days back..............@about 160Km/H and saw 2 Red RX8 one with a sunroof........both of them in the 7xxxx Series..........nos.....

that R33 Skyline is based up there or in Kandy right

got some major mods under the hood.... :mellow:

does anyone have any idea how it wound up with an EP plate to begin with?? :huh:

No news about how Pasindu destroyed everyone at Radella and broke the course record??!!

Yeah a new record 32.28!

Results

1 Pasindu

2 Nishan 33.07

3 Aravinda 33.50

4 Darin 33.65

5 Dinesh 34.87

6 Reyaz 35.55

7 Shantha 35.81

8 Rizvi 36.59

9 Rameez 36.65

Thanks Mivec.Turbo for the update!