• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

K&n Corn Filter

ajwad

Charitha19 has fitted one to his Astina, but not sure bout 323... There are cone filters on e-bay for Mazda 323, but couldn't find one locally.

ya, but i fixed one but its not a k&n one. it didnt work. when i start the engine it ravs upto 2000rpm and drops and offs. i fixed it at elcardo.dont know what the problem is. whether its the corn or the aluminiun pipe where we modified it to also put the airflow sensor.

ya, but i fixed one but its not a k&n one. it didnt work. when i start the engine it ravs upto 2000rpm and drops and offs. i fixed it at elcardo.dont know what the problem is. whether its the corn or the aluminiun pipe where we modified it to also put the airflow sensor.

Hi BTW its a CONE filter ,

Also please stick to the original K&N as its the air filter which keeps out the muck from your engine and a non spec one will screw up the air flow sensor and ultimately your nice reliable car....

GuruG is the expert on this and am sure he can help you. I was gonna do this for my car too and he knows all the stuff.

Might see this post and reply.

Hi BTW its a CONE filter ,

Also please stick to the original K&N as its the air filter which keeps out the muck from your engine and a non spec one will screw up the air flow sensor and ultimately your nice reliable car....

GuruG is the expert on this and am sure he can help you. I was gonna do this for my car too and he knows all the stuff.

Might see this post and reply.

ya thats what i thought. i think its the unbranded filter. are you using a mazda? whats the model? how can i contact GuruG?

ya thats what i thought. i think its the unbranded filter. are you using a mazda? whats the model? how can i contact GuruG?

One of the worst possible things u could do 2 an engine is use of a crapy airfilter. Could be worse as some idiots tend to run without any.

I had a cone airfilter once but did not notice much difference. If ur planing to do it for ur daily driven car u should stick with stock :rolleyes: . Since cone filter is fully exposed, it want take long time for it to be covered with all da dirt n scum from our clean roads. May It be K&N or what ever other popular brand, you wont find any performans gains with a cloged air filter and cleanin them is not easy as said than done. What I would do is replace stock filter more often and RAM cold air from outside.

@ Pradfred dude when r we goin 2 meet da fiber glass fella.

@ MFOC Charitha19 got his balls removed n still recoverin at Asiri :P . Lets pay a visit or we can have the next meeting at Asiri surgical. Wht do u guys rekon???

@ Pradfred dude when r we goin 2 meet da fiber glass fella.

@ MFOC Charitha19 got his balls removed n still recoverin at Asiri :P . Lets pay a visit or we can have the next meeting at Asiri surgical. Wht do u guys rekon???

Lol, Hi Guru,

Mate lets go this week sometime. I have to do some TLC as she's a bit angry with me as I have not been lookin after her. Had a nice 140 km blast down Madiwela road and cleaned up some old carbon deposits .......last week.....

Charitha : No point in asking him mate. Surgery has been ultra successful I think. Also Mazdaspeed's gone quiet. Bugatti and me have been partying a lot these few weeks, so we are available.

What about that BBQ plan this weekend at Bug's house? Bug's you out there man?

@ AJWAD

I use a 323 – Recommend that you don’t go for a cone type – As Guru said the crap we have in our air & road tend to damage the sensors as the cone is open to the elements. The air flow sensor of 323 are very sensitive & EXPENSIVE - best for a drop in type filter to the exiting box . this would help to a certain extent but u won’t feel a massive difference – I’ve not done it but have been having the idea – drop me a mail and I’ll send you some more thing u can do – [email protected]

@ the rest – Charith19, Pradfred , Guru

Hay I’m still alive guys – :D ya need to do the BBQ – my outdoor adventure licence is going to be halted soon (Temporarily)

Ahhhh – finally got my spoiler & the 2 bumpers fixed & painted – don’t know how long they will last B 4 some goof comes & knocks it again <_<

Charitha19 has fitted one to his Astina, but not sure bout 323... There are cone filters on e-bay for Mazda 323, but couldn't find one locally.

yes i have done it... but with our engine the performance feel only comes at the top end of the RPM range and not at the bottom.... and cleaning has to be done by urself and it takes a day to do it if thier is sunlight..

u can go to the k&N site.. the total conversion KIT only costs around 10,000 i think... its a DIY thing no major mechanic needed...

yes i have done it... but with our engine the performance feel only comes at the top end of the RPM range and not at the bottom.... and cleaning has to be done by urself and it takes a day to do it if thier is sunlight..

u can go to the k&N site.. the total conversion KIT only costs around 10,000 i think... its a DIY thing no major mechanic needed...

hey guys, thanks for your thoughts.

@charitha 19 - mate! are you using a 323? what about the hose. did you get it fixed here?

hey guys, thanks for your thoughts.

@charitha 19 - mate! are you using a 323? what about the hose. did you get it fixed here?

i have an astina but its basically the same 323 setup in the engine bay... the hose u can do several things.. k&n doenst give u the hose.. just the KIT to take ur air box out and fit the cone directly to the air flow meter or air flow sensor depeding on the model..so the original hose remains...

however.. i have wrapped the air hose with anti heat materails to keep it cool... but elcardo can do the stainless stell hose for you.. but the spec has to be right...