• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Photos Of Memorable Off Road Stucks

HardHat

not too many hard core off roading enthusiasts on the forum HardHat - that about explains the lack of responses on this thread :(

that said there a few lurking about... dunno if they have photographic evidence of thier exploits.. :unsure:

There definitely are quite a few hardcore off road nutters in SL, perhaps they are not in this forum as you said Z

I once received an email with a string of photos of a few D90s, D110s, J44s and BJ40s doing some really cool offroad stuff in SL - rock crawling, wading, climbing and mud the whole thing. Darn I did not save that mail :(

Well, didn't go crazy enough to get stuck but here's my only offroad trip when I had the Toyota ... http://www.fquick.com/garages/viewgallery....amp;carid=15952

Pretty neat stuff. Looks like a challnging trail for an excursion. Where was this? can't make out from the plates

here are more of my embarrasments

crested again

Jeep stuck, Patrol stuck, tight rope in between

a shot from the bottom of the dune

Edited by HardHat

Pretty neat stuff. Looks like a challnging trail for an excursion. Where was this? can't make out from the plates

here are more of my embarrasments

crested again

Jeep stuck, Patrol stuck, tight rope in between

a shot from the bottom of the dune

From a distant they look like "Maryland" Plates to me. I had a 50-xxxx toyata Hilux when I was doing A/Levels.. Tried my part in offroading too and failed miserably. Do still possess an infinite amount of passion for it though.

HardHat, that Nissan Y61 you have up there is a fab piece of machine. Putting one of those offroading in SL costs you an extra few bucks. You do find a quite alot Nissan safari's and Toyota Sahara's in and around Dubai dont you? im yet to be on a desert safari, iv heard nothing but good about them.

MeanGreen and Hardhat thanks for sharing your pictures.

Theres a lot of off roading happening around town - but much like most things here in SL , theres a certain degree of rivalry amoung certain groups of individual involved

some of the active groups out there include the Negambo 4x4 Club , 4WD Club , Land Rover Owners Club and Team Jeep - there are a few other local web sites which have off roading pictures etc , but i don't think it would be the done thing for me to put the link up

HardHat, that Nissan Y61 you have up there is a fab piece of machine. Putting one of those offroading in SL costs you an extra few bucks. You do find a quite alot Nissan safari's and Toyota Sahara's in and around Dubai dont you? im yet to be on a desert safari, iv heard nothing but good about them.

thanks mate! yes the Y61 is one brilliant piece of machinery. This one is powered by the TB45E 4.5L efi straight six and has the basic 4speed auto tranny. Except for a suspension upgrade with OME shocks and colis with 2 inch lift, rest of the car is bone stock.

I would love to get hold of the later version with 4.8L VTC engine and 5 speed triptronic, but this old faithful has never let me down so far (touch wood) anywhere on or off road, so I'm stickin with it.

In Dubai, UAE and the entire gulf region for that matter where petrol is cheaper than water, almost every second car on the road is a SUV, and at least 1/3 of SUVs seem to be Toyota Landcruisers (Sahara). Nissan Patrol (Safari) is a firm favourite with local boys and you can see many with bizzare modifications. Almost all SUVs available here are petrol powered, except for Landrover Defenders

as for the SL off-roading scene, I think the best suited are Toyota BJs, Mitsubishi Js and Defenders from the 70s and 80s era, in terms of availability, price, spare parts, mods and local expertise.

for anyone visiting Dubai, I would strongly recommend going on a desert safari arranged by a professional tour company - an afternoon of pure exhilaration!!

Edited by HardHat

some of the active groups out there include the Negambo 4x4 Club , 4WD Club , Land Rover Owners Club and Team Jeep - there are a few other local web sites which have off roading pictures etc , but i don't think it would be the done thing for me to put the link up

Z, thanks for the leads, I've googled around and found a few links. Unfortunately I don't have the opportunity to do any hardcore off-roading in SL, but need to network with a few like minded people to share info on mods, spare parts, garages and most importanly some less trodden and more interesting paths for getting from A to B within SL

Nice sig Velocity. Tell us about your new additions to the family. :)

With all due respect to Land Rover, I second that

Velocity I have seen your stuff in the forum - pretty impressive I must say

If you don't mind will get in touch with you shortly for a bit of off-roading guidence.

with mercury already hitting 40+C the offroading season is all but over in Dubai until weather cools down come Sept - Oct. These are the times I feel how blessed SL is in terms of nature, despite all it's current problems which are man-made

Hard Hat you seem to have gotten the attention of the two most serious Off Roading enthusiasts on the forum in form of hand core Land Rover enthusiast Lakshank & of course i mentioned before , Velocity :)

these two ought to be bale to point you in the right direction and hook you up!

yeah, they're Maryland plates as DevakaC figured out. This trip was in West Virginia redneck country ... lol. We ended up going up a trail that seemed to get narrower and pretty bad as we progressed and the little Yoda took it all in stride ... however, we got to a point and the trail got so narrow we were a bit surprised; then it turned out it was a ATV trail ... lol ... some ATV dudes came up and were like "wtf?" lol ... had to run some small trees down making a u-turn in that mess ... I miss my truck and wish I didn't get rid of it to buy the Explorer, damn thing is too cute to go off-roading in

HArdhat, where about do you play?I see we both are from the same soils.

Im usually around Area 53 and bigred on Friday early mornings. are you a part of any group? Im with D4x4 and also MEOffroaders.

Edit : oops, my bad ... i just see you're part of me4x4 :-) i know a few of them there ... Siddharth, Paolo and few others by face.

Edited by albertho