• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Spice Up My Rav 4

dakrazyman20

Hey all,

I have a 2004 black RAV 4 and recently i've been feeling its a little bland n dull.

I wanna spruce it up a bit by gettin a decent sleek body kit, perhaps bigger alloys, plus engine wise wanna get an intake and cat back exhaust to make it feel more throaty.

dsc00170chj.th.jpg

As you can see its quite bland lol

Ne ways do ne of u know where i can find the relevant parts? It would be a great help as i have no clue where to start, and though i could go to toyota lanka i dun wanna go bankrupt as well. :-)

Thanks in advance.

imo that version is a pretty little thing even when it's stock...

if i were you i'd only go for bigger alloys...if i'm not mistaken you have 16" right?...if so an 18" set shouldnt be hard to find...infact there has been a sudden flood of big alloys for suv's lately...check the usual suspects like jj,amila...and some shops in delkada and dehiwala have one or two sets for sale usually...try auto miraj and auto base

imho a bodykit on a small suv makes it look like van...think long and hard before you commit to a bodykit

TRD and C-One makes quite a lot of parts for the rav4 and 1az engined cars. you should probably start of with suspension. lowering springs are ok as the rav4 has quite a lot to lose. the sportivo kit is good but expensive. its better buying the spings on ebay. if you want to do up the body just get an aero kit cos it wont look to flashy. 18" sound a good idea but make sure they are not that heavy and goes with the curves and lines of the car. as for the engine there should be turbos and blowers marketed on the stateside. they are designed for the 2az. but with little or no mods you should be able fit them to your engine.

imo that version is a pretty little thing even when it's stock...

if i were you i'd only go for bigger alloys...if i'm not mistaken you have 16" right?...if so an 18" set shouldnt be hard to find...infact there has been a sudden flood of big alloys for suv's lately...check the usual suspects like jj,amila...and some shops in delkada and dehiwala have one or two sets for sale usually...try auto miraj and auto base

imho a bodykit on a small suv makes it look like van...think long and hard before you commit to a bodykit

I agree i dun want it to look like a van lol, something subtle would be nice, ne specific places to look for alloys in those areas, some shop names would be a great help, thanks fer the info.

TRD and C-One makes quite a lot of parts for the rav4 and 1az engined cars. you should probably start of with suspension. lowering springs are ok as the rav4 has quite a lot to lose. the sportivo kit is good but expensive. its better buying the spings on ebay. if you want to do up the body just get an aero kit cos it wont look to flashy. 18" sound a good idea but make sure they are not that heavy and goes with the curves and lines of the car. as for the engine there should be turbos and blowers marketed on the stateside. they are designed for the 2az. but with little or no mods you should be able fit them to your engine.

Thanks jadey, again ne info on where to find trd parts over here or a way to get em down would be helpful. To be honest engine wise i'm still wondering what iwanna do, i know its quite a strong lump and can take a lot of add ons, but so far i'm just thinkin intake and exhaust system. Plus does ne one know a good place to fit all this body and engine wise?

Thanks jadey, again ne info on where to find trd parts over here or a way to get em down would be helpful. To be honest engine wise i'm still wondering what iwanna do, i know its quite a strong lump and can take a lot of add ons, but so far i'm just thinkin intake and exhaust system. Plus does ne one know a good place to fit all this body and engine wise?

you'll probably have to sort out a way to ship them down from japan cos even i'm clueless when it comes to shipping. as for fitting the parts you can probably do most of them yourself. ebay (esp. american) should be a good place to buy parts and have them shipped over easily. the problem with japanese companies are they are pretty expensive. i suggest you start with headers, panel filter with a cold air/ram air intake, decat/sports cat, and a performance cat back exhaust. lowering springs should be pretty easy to find on ebay. these mods should set you back around 100k. aero kits should also be readily available on ebay too.

you'll probably have to sort out a way to ship them down from japan cos even i'm clueless when it comes to shipping. as for fitting the parts you can probably do most of them yourself. ebay (esp. american) should be a good place to buy parts and have them shipped over easily. the problem with japanese companies are they are pretty expensive. i suggest you start with headers, panel filter with a cold air/ram air intake, decat/sports cat, and a performance cat back exhaust. lowering springs should be pretty easy to find on ebay. these mods should set you back around 100k. aero kits should also be readily available on ebay too.

Yeh ebay seems a good bet for the aero kits, still stuck on where to get the engine bolt ons from. thanks fer the info

Just my 2 cents –

If it were up to me – putting some TJM /metal bumpers would be the in thing so as not to get the 3 wheel jonnies coming and cutting in to u

Agree with hellrazor – Kit’s will kind of ruin the look-

A snocle may be good – check the ##### – say a few places advertise stuff for 4x4

Good luck & post some pics once U've done some mods

oooops sorry forgot - ahhh the usual news papers

Edited by mazdaspeed

Just my 2 cents –

If it were up to me – putting some TJM /metal bumpers would be the in thing so as not to get the 3 wheel jonnies coming and cutting in to u

Agree with hellrazor – Kit’s will kind of ruin the look-

A snocle may be good – check the ##### – say a few places advertise stuff for 4x4

Good luck & post some pics once U've done some mods

oooops sorry forgot - ahhh the usual news papers

Machan dont you think if the bumpers had the same body colour ( Black) it would look good kiyala? :unsure:

Machan dont you think if the bumpers had the same body colour ( Black) it would look good kiyala? :unsure:

sounds euro spec. but the thing is when the bottom half of the car is of a lighter shade it makes the car look wider and gives it a more planted stance. with dark colours (darker or as dark as the body) its the opposite.

sounds euro spec. but the thing is when the bottom half of the car is of a lighter shade it makes the car look wider and gives it a more planted stance. with dark colours (darker or as dark as the body) its the opposite.

True i had thought about simply color coding the bumpers and sides to match the metal work. Its not a euro spec, its what toyota calls asian spec of sumtin, i got this from toyota lanka back in the day. It apparently comes from singapore not japan like the jdm rav 4s. Went n saw a latest spec new shape 2005 rav 4 guy is askin 7.9, it comes with trd bodykit which is quite nice plus exhaust system and kick your spleen in 2.4 engine.

Ne ways i got in touch with TOM's racing in japan and they have simple bolt on tuning package for my model including some subtle body skirts nothing to fancy, but DAMN IT COSTS! I dun mind paying the price they is askin as its quality and i'm a fan of TOM's, but on top of that i will have to pay duty if they courier it down argh! There has to be an easier way :action-smiley-060:

Imho I think your colour theme is ok. As JadeyBlitzen mentioned it gives a wider look. I once saw a full white RAV4. Looks really neat.

Few suggestions.....

A side step and rear step, the one you get in Aluminium + Black plastic.

Paint the two side trims as same as bumper colours.

A nice spear wheel cover (hard type which has the same design as the side trim).

Some extremes....

A set of bigger alloy set (darker gray than that of the bumpers would be nicer) with wider profile tyres.

A new type front bumper (the one with both signal and fog lights together)

Sport grill mesh bumper colours. (with thicker mesh)

Rear window spoiler.

Hood railing with Black plastic + Aluminium

Imho I think your colour theme is ok. As JadeyBlitzen mentioned it gives a wider look. I once saw a full white RAV4. Looks really neat.

Few suggestions.....

A side step and rear step, the one you get in Aluminium + Black plastic.

Paint the two side trims as same as bumper colours.

A nice spear wheel cover (hard type which has the same design as the side trim).

Some extremes....

A set of bigger alloy set (darker gray than that of the bumpers would be nicer) with wider profile tyres.

A new type front bumper (the one with both signal and fog lights together)

Sport grill mesh bumper colours. (with thicker mesh)

Rear window spoiler.

Hood railing with Black plastic + Aluminium

thanxs fer da input, yeh it already has a hard type spare wheel cover, i'm lookin for a sports mesh grill. sigh some of the jdm ones come with kits. Ne ways thanxs fer da input, hopefully by middle or end of next month should have something.