• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pamper Your Tires With N And Pump Xtra Premium

ash

is this the Singapore based one which was on the FB local NISMO club group? :huh:

ehh am not a member there :unsure:

so I assume maybe he cud be the one, and ya he has upp'ed pics to his profile and few groups

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

coupla wheel spinning starts and 2nd gear shifts will sort out that ill feeling ;)

Lol. That much of a difference? Or are you being sarcastic and i'm just a tubelight to get it? B):lol:

well you wouldn't worry much about scratching your brand new phone after you've dropped it a few times do you?

when you put it that way... hehe ok i get it. and yeah i will be making these michelins scream alot. hehe but the N factor as you say is abit pointless huh?

• 2 weeks later...

ok ok... boys.. i just got the tires filled today.. 200 bucks for all four.. u get three months of refills free.. then 50 bucks there onwards.. but i have to keep the recipet... no suprise there.. :rolleyes:

so taking into account the prices aborad... thats around a dolor and a half for all four tires.. which i feel is more than resonable... provided it is actually nitorgen that they pump in..... just to see i had felt the air it seems a little cooler than normal air.. but still u never know... hmmmm.. isnt nitorgen used as laughing gas..... :unsure:

if this is the case.... hmmmm.. maybe there is a way to test it... :rolleyes:

ok ok... boys.. i just got the tires filled today.. 200 bucks for all four.. u get three months of refills free.. then 50 bucks there onwards.. but i have to keep the recipet... no suprise there.. :rolleyes:

so taking into account the prices aborad... thats around a dolor and a half for all four tires.. which i feel is more than resonable... provided it is actually nitorgen that they pump in..... just to see i had felt the air it seems a little cooler than normal air.. but still u never know... hmmmm.. isnt nitorgen used as laughing gas..... :unsure:

that does sound like a good deal. but i'm sure it can be done cheaper than that.

and the purity is a bit questionable. cos i only trust the stuff that comes out of a cylinder :D

and laughing gas is actually N2O which is better known as nos ;)

Awesome! But machan did you pump the same amount of psi per tyre with the N ? (i.e if you pumped 28 psi of normal air, did you pump 28 psi of N?) Lemmi know please. :D

Awesome! But machan did you pump the same amount of psi per tyre with the N ? (i.e if you pumped 28 psi of normal air, did you pump 28 psi of N?) Lemmi know please. :D

yeah machang pumped the same amount.. there is a small difference in the stearing for me.. but u never know whether its because of N or beacause i was under inflated when i went there....

which shed is this machan?? :huh:

Is called Alexandra Shed on Alexandra Roundabout which is near St.Bridgets School. And the only shed I full fill the fuel and air thirst of my car.

yeah machang pumped the same amount.. there is a small difference in the stearing for me.. but u never know whether its because of N or beacause i was under inflated when i went there....

Ah ok cool! Shall add them to the Michi's soon then :D btw they take out all the air in the tyre (making it flat) and then pump the N right? (sorry if it's a stupid question, just making sure)

It won't make a difference in the your steering machang, you were probably over or under inflated when you got there..

Ah ok cool! Shall add them to the Michi's soon then :D btw they take out all the air in the tyre (making it flat) and then pump the N right? (sorry if it's a stupid question, just making sure)

yeah bro make sure u have atleast ten to fifteen minutes to spare.... the pump does the deflating and the inflating...

yeah bro make sure u have atleast ten to fifteen minutes to spare.... the pump does the deflating and the inflating...

It won't make a difference in the your steering machang, you were probably over or under inflated when you got there..

Is there any difference in the ride comfort ? Planning on getting the fill up today in the night probably...

Is there any difference in the ride comfort ? Planning on getting the fill up today in the night probably...

Nope. No difference at all. The only difference really is that the air pressure in your tires will stay consistent for longer.

(That's why they are giving out the three month free top up offer with each N fill up; most likely the air in the the tires won't need topping up and most likely will stay inflated at the correct pressure between each oil change / maintenance check)

• 1 month later...

Guys, we pumped N to our tyres about 2 weeks ago. Got them checked today. and they were ALL down about 2-3 PSI. we pump 28 PSI and the rears were down to 25.2 25.5 and the fronts also about 25.5 26 PSI. So much for the almighty Nitrogen keeping the pressure consistant. <_< Normal air wouldn've been the same.. And whats more the Nitrogen has made our car seem very bouncy and stiff. I dunno if thats cause of the N or not but I deff felt a difference. And the tyres dont have any leaks or anything, they're brand new Michelin XM1's (done about a 1500 Km so far).. I'm considering going back to normal air. <_<

Guys, we pumped N to our tyres about 2 weeks ago. Got them checked today. and they were ALL down about 2-3 PSI. we pump 28 PSI and the rears were down to 25.2 25.5 and the fronts also about 25.5 26 PSI. So much for the almighty Nitrogen keeping the pressure consistant. <_< Normal air wouldn've been the same.. And whats more the Nitrogen has made our car seem very bouncy and stiff. I dunno if thats cause of the N or not but I deff felt a difference. And the tyres dont have any leaks or anything, they're brand new Michelin XM1's (done about a 1500 Km so far).. I'm considering going back to normal air. <_<

well according to some web articles...this nitrogen molecule being larger than oxygen, hence giving you the benefit of extended pressure holding capability is all bollocks! :D

if at all that can possible apply to tubed tyres and not the tubeless types cos the latter have some sorta coating inside to stop air from leaking out...

since atmospheric air is nearly 80% N, pumping about 95% N at a premium really doesn't make sense unless of course you drive F1 or a passenger air craft :D

.. And whats more the Nitrogen has made our car seem very bouncy and stiff. I dunno if thats cause of the N or not but I deff felt a difference.

I believe it cos of the N as I felt the same stiffy drive after I pumped N to my FB15. Firstly I thought its only me feel it but later the wifey asked me 'the car feel very stiffy, what have you done to it?'

I think the N is suitable only for lower tyre profile cars especially with sports suspensions and for those who only need fast and best handling over comfort.

Edited by Bharath

Don't agree on the pressure falling. After about 3-4 weeks of the initial N pump my fronts had fallen from 28 to 27.3 and the rears remained without a change. (low pro Eagle's)

Car was initially 'bouncier' but it settled after a day or to.

By the way the pressure check was free of charge.

I believe it cos of the N as I felt the same stiffy drive after I pumped N to my FB15. Firstly I thought its only me feel it but later the wifey asked me 'the car feel very stiffy, what have you done to it?'

I think the N is suitable only for lower tyre profile cars especially with sports suspensions and for those who only need fast and best handling over comfort.

Hmm.. Now I really dont mind going back to normal air.. I'll see how it goes.. really dont like the car so bouncy cause this car (Vios) is anyway not a comfy car. <_<

Don't agree on the pressure falling. After about 3-4 weeks of the initial N pump my fronts had fallen from 28 to 27.3 and the rears remained without a change. (low pro Eagle's)

Car was initially 'bouncier' but it settled after a day or to.

By the way the pressure check was free of charge.

wow ok.. but I will say this, the tyres before we got them checked yesterday, looked completely fine. They didnt seem under inflated at all (normal air at 26 psi would make the tyre look very low). I just took it for the check up anyway, and man was I shocked when I saw how low they had become. Not to mention the fact that after the refill the car was finding every possible bump on the road! <_<

The N filling machines tend to be temperamental :)

lol. either way i'm gonna switch back to normal air. its the same filling times for me and it'll be way more comfortable!