• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Turning Radius Increment For Lancer 1st Gen

GajaYa

well ive got a serious problem with ma Lancer 1st GEN...the Turning Radius is extremely horrible and low..........

cannot U turn at once, need a revering, is there anyway of increasing it ?? was it built like it??

will fixing a 4DR5 power steering box help???

Edited by GajaYa

i think you mean the radius is 'large' and you want to 'reduce' it?

well fuxing a powr steering unit wont fix it. it'll just make it easier on the hands. Only way of checking it is to compare it with another similar specimen. And AFAIK i dont think the 4DR5 came with a power steering.

And reducing the turning radius isnt a small task cos you might have to do quite a lot of adjustments in the steering rack etc, IMO the best thing would be to simply get used to it....

i dunnoif this'll work but putting on narrow tires(baloon size) or tires with higher profile MAY reduce your turning circle...i put on slim tyres on my double cab after years of running with big maxxis offroaders and the change was quite noticable,and on a vehicle notorious for it's pathetic turning radious,that's saying something.

again i have no scientific data to back this theory...so it may have been a fluke

if the problem is not caused by any fault in the machinery but because it was simply built that way...i would just keep it as is like dilesh said...

ya thanks mates ill try....and let you know...its damn annoying when you have to reverse in da middle of the road.....

even my LN107 Hilux is capable of u turning at single instance......iv got used to that so its a bit annoying.......

thanks......

Technically as Dilesh mentioned it should be reducing the radius.

Practically you cant reduce it with stock steering and sus systems.but you can easily increase it.

By sticking to manufacturer specified tyre size,you'll be able to restore the loss.

MINIACE