• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Local Drag Races

da coolest

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha ha, Dude you couldn't be more wrong. The Legacy is a nice powerful car, but a drag racer wouldn't like it, its waaay to heavy :D The default choice is the Honda Civic. Or an older gen Evo or Subaru Impreza.

hey bro, though d legacy is heavy, its equipped wit twin turbo! it'l beat da crap outta hondas!!!!

hey bro, though d legacy is heavy, its equipped wit twin turbo! it'l beat da crap outta hondas!!!!

Still, an average Honda weighs 1000kg and an average Legacy weighs 1500kg, But an average Impreza would weigh 1000kg or a bit more, But still yeah, Hondas are NA

Edited by shanX

what he said wad cus the legacy is heavy its not the Drag racers choice, "power to weight ratio"

Edited by GihanFX

Bought a Box type filter to fit in to the Std Box. Havent fixed it yet, but as per the agents the high flow filter will have issue with the Mass Air Flow Sensor, but will fix it anyway.

If you've been advised by the agents (Senok) not to install a K&N filter as it will damage your MAF sensor, why would you "fix it anyway"? :unsure:

If you've been advised by the agents (Senok) not to install a K&N filter as it will damage your MAF sensor, why would you "fix it anyway"? :unsure:

it will not damage the MAF, but u have to make sure u clean the maf cus there is a posibility some dust go inside the intake pipes with high flow intakes,

Depends on whether you wanted to fix a cone or an OEM replacement to the box. The latter was recommended by the agents themselves to me.

it will not damage the MAF, but u have to make sure u clean the maf cus there is a posibility some dust go inside the intake pipes with high flow intakes,

Depends on whether you wanted to fix a cone or an OEM replacement to the box. The latter was recommended by the agents themselves to me.

i think the agents may have a point cos K&N filters are oiled and this oil might get "sprayed" into the intake pipes which might cause the maf sensor to clog up. it could be a lot worse on cars with forced induction as the air is sucked through the filter with a bigger force.

also gihan is right about the dust. as these filters may not have the same filtering properties as a stock filter.

personally i'd go with an apexi cone. cos its not oiled and it has excellent filtering properties. but there may be some complications when it comes to installing it.

i think the agents may have a point cos K&N filters are oiled and this oil might get "sprayed" into the intake pipes which might cause the maf sensor to clog up. it could be a lot worse on cars with forced induction as the air is sucked through the filter with a bigger force.

also gihan is right about the dust. as these filters may not have the same filtering properties as a stock filter.

personally i'd go with an apexi cone. cos its not oiled and it has excellent filtering properties. but there may be some complications when it comes to installing it.

couldnt agree more, Apexi cone is the best, STI B4's legacy Single turbo runs this oil base K&N for long time ( recomanded by agents ) without MAF issues, anyway there is little bit of oil sprays to the intake by the breather line, so if dust comes in it trapt in the oil, so theres less chance dust go to the intake through the turbo, intercooler to the throtle,

But with the experieance i can say onething Apexi Cone is the best for Sri Lanka conditions and it will not suck even little bit of dust inside,

Good info.. :action-smiley-033:

I would prefer not to take a chance with the K&N but the Apexi (being a dry filter) seems a good option. Does Apexi do stock-type panels as well as cones? It's a long shot but are they available locally? :unsure:

Good info.. :action-smiley-033:

I would prefer not to take a chance with the K&N but the Apexi (being a dry filter) seems a good option. Does Apexi do stock-type panels as well as cones? It's a long shot but are they available locally? :unsure:

I've been using a K&N panel filter for 3 years now. so far everythings been ok. i would only recommend them on n/a engines though.

as for apexi panel filters afaik they don't exist.

AEM is also a dryflow type, is very clean too, have heard it filters well, but not sure about how it compares to Apexi filters. On a Cold intake setup, I noticed slight dust, switched over to short intake setup, dint check afterwards. Anyways Apexis cost a lot with the adapter :D

Did the K&N installation on Saturday also cleaned the MAF, and got the injectors cleaned and a tune up. There is a good noticeable increase in performance. But will have to ensure the Filter is properly oiled especially with the amount of dust on our roads.

Also changed the oild from " Castrol Edge " to "MOTUL" . Has anyone got some experience with this oil ? is this actually better than Castrol ,

Did the K&N installation on Saturday also cleaned the MAF, and got the injectors cleaned and a tune up. There is a good noticeable increase in performance. But will have to ensure the Filter is properly oiled especially with the amount of dust on our roads.

Also changed the oild from " Castrol Edge " to "MOTUL" . Has anyone got some experience with this oil ? is this actually better than Castrol ,

MOTUL is a gud oil but u have to keep ur eye on the oil level and after several months u have to top up, the recomanded oil is Shel Helix Ultra 5W-40 or Shell Helix Ultra Racing 10w60, we ran Motul on STI B4's legazy and was not happy with it so change to shell,

MOTUL is a gud oil but u have to keep ur eye on the oil level and after several months u have to top up, the recomanded oil is Shel Helix Ultra 5W-40 or Shell Helix Ultra Racing 10w60, we ran Motul on STI B4's legazy and was not happy with it so change to shell,

I noticed the oil level going down when using Castrol, so had to top up. but problem is Agents not using Shell Helix so stuck with Motul

Too bad we found out about the 'Racing' only after we put the Ultra :(

Maybe I'll change again in a month or two........

Edited by STi B4

I noticed the oil level going down when using Castrol, so had to top up. but problem is Agents not using Shell Helix so stuck with Motul

machan u sure abt that ? recently we had a chat abt this with Jehan and he said Shell Helix is the only oil dnt need to top up but lets say u put shell ultra and do 2 km run then the oil discolor, thats because it has some stuff in it that cleans the engine, new Racing version has bearing protection so its more safe, anyway ull have to top up with MOTUL too,

What exactly was the problem with Motul oil (5w-40) when used in the B4? and this is a single-turbo, yes?

What exactly was the problem with Motul oil (5w-40) when used in the B4? and this is a single-turbo, yes?

not only with legacy, that issue is there with most of subarus, thats what i heard from the agents, we also experieance the same, let say after 4 months the oil level go down little bit but with the shell level stays the same

not only with legacy, that issue is there with most of subarus, thats what i heard from the agents, we also experieance the same, let say after 4 months the oil level go down little bit but with the shell level stays the same

Interesting..

In your experience (and considering local conditions) which would be the better option overall, 5w40 or 10w60?