• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Custom Made Body Kit

GTAm

Question

Hi Guys,

Just want to get some feedback on getting my own body kit done. Who are the players in the market? They need to be flexible enough to adhere to my own design and not force their heavy-handed styling on me as I am quite critical when it comes to styling.

They also need to be tech savvy enough to be able to to make the kit light weight. I've seen many body kits from the usual suspects that weigh way too much and are actually making the car slower rather than faster.

In short I want a GRP expert who has some art in him instead of the gaudy style shown by many of not most and someone who is humble and not cocky who will follow my design exactly.

Thanks.

17 answers to this question

Hi Guys,

Just want to get some feedback on getting my own body kit done. Who are the players in the market? They need to be flexible enough to adhere to my own design and not force their heavy-handed styling on me as I am quite critical when it comes to styling.

They also need to be tech savvy enough to be able to to make the kit light weight. I've seen many body kits from the usual suspects that weigh way too much and are actually making the car slower rather than faster.

In short I want a GRP expert who has some art in him instead of the gaudy style shown by many of not most and someone who is humble and not cocky who will follow my design exactly.

Thanks.

It cant be for an Alfa so i'm guessing MR2?

well most of the usual blokes ARE kinda ham handed when it comes to weight.... but i've heard decent things about that place in Attidiya, Vonmec i think it's called... Milindu might have a contact as the Red MR2 got some work done there.

isn't that how everyone else make them too?????????

I dunno. I thought you need a mold only if you mass produce it, and it wasn't worth making a mold for one offs. :) I'm a little hazy on the whole subject tho :)

I dunno. I thought you need a mold only if you mass produce it, and it wasn't worth making a mold for one offs. :) I'm a little hazy on the whole subject tho :)

It depends on the design. It's not imperative to make a mold for a one off. But to make it light weight it could be necessary. I learned to do GRP/fibre glass casting and mold making myself, but just don't have the time or space to mess up :(

Wish I had tho...

guys wat about body kit Dumi##a or accolade?

i heared another guy in alawwa (colombo - kurnegala A6) area (im not sure about the exact place). but someone told dat he can do some decent styling stuff....

GUYS i have the same question..... i want to find a good place to fix a good aero kit for my carina ti 212. need some innovative and stuning look but dont need an "ammoooooo :o" body kit....

i feel our guys are equal to the task when it comes to bodykits.. the reason we see a lot of hmmm how i can i put it delicatly....as one has already said "budu ammmmoooo" kits is because they them selves wanted it that way i guess.. when i got mine done... they pretty much did what i told them to do.. but they did have some wacky ideas like putting a bonnet scoop and stuff.. which i thought was completely ludacris for a NA car....

man i think Vonmek would be a good place. as the owner is an expert in the subject & is a very easy to work person. most of the race crowd get their bumpers & those pieces which they put instead of the headlights made out of fiber by him.

man i think Vonmek would be a good place. as the owner is an expert in the subject & is a very easy to work person. most of the race crowd get their bumpers & those pieces which they put instead of the headlights made out of fiber by him.

The best place is Vonmec, like u said hes very easy to work person, and yeah most of the race cars get bumpers from him,