• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Woh Check This Subaru Out

dihan

The Turbo Impreza is a joyriders favourite, due to it's powerful turbocharged flat four engine and 4 wheel drive. In a nutshell it goes like stink and the police forces in the UK found them to be extremely hard to catch. Following the "If you can't beat them, join them" line of thinking, a number of police forces in the UK obtained their own Impreza Turbos for patrol work, principally to catch speeders and joyriders.

These "police Imprezas" are not showroom standard cars like the ones for sale in an ordinary Subaru dealer, but instead are modified by Prodrive, the same British tuning outfit who prepare rally spec Imprezas, including the Impreza WRCs (World Rally Cars). Consequently these cars have engines in a higher state of tune for more performance and have strengthened suspensions and an engine sump guard (as on the rally spec Imprezas) to allow the police to drive across speed bumps at high speed without destroying the car.

In addition to the high performance modifications, these Imprezas have the usual police attachments such as the blue light bar on the roof, police decals (including one in reverse print on the bonnet so it can be read in some unfortunate speeders rear view mirror!) and a camera attachment on the rear view mirror to video offending motorists. Both the driver and passenger also benefit from a set of Recaro bucket seats.

This particular model represents an Impreza in service with the Humberside Police force in the UK. From the registration plate I would say it shows a car from 1997-98 (an "R plate").

AUTOart make this superb model and it is one of many great Subaru Impreza models released by them. It has a detailed engine, a great interior, an accurate body with realistic police attachments and decals and best of all has excellent alloy wheels with brilliant brake discs and calipers. The discs themselves have real metal facings as opposed to being painted silver, and they look all the better for it. This model gets 8/10 marks from me.

subaruimprezaturbopolicefrontq.th.jpg

subaruimprezaturbopolicerearqu.th.jpg

subaruimprezaturbopoliceengine.th.jpg

subaruimprezaturbopoliceinteri.th.jpg

subaruimprezaturbopolicefrontw.th.jpg

:mellow:

heheheh!!

kinda like the Sri lanka police buying a fleet of H.Accents after seeing the WRC Accent Vs. R34 Vid... :mellow:

and machan, anu idea on the date of this article... i'm guessing pre-2002.... cos if it was after 2002 you'd thing that they'd buy the newer Impreza... i know you said its 1997-98.. but bit puzzled by it.

and machan, anu idea on the date of this article... i'm guessing pre-2002.... cos if it was after 2002 you'd thing that they'd buy the newer Impreza... i know you said its 1997-98.. but bit puzzled by it.

the UK cops have STi7's and Evo7's pursuit cars too...ive seen an STi7 roaming london...saw the evo7 in an autocar magazine

Edited by sharkster

In Japan the cops got for High pursuit cars like the skyline R34, Honda NSX and 350Z

1091319uu.jpg

Does anyone have a clue what that transparent strip of plexiglass attached at a 90 degree angle on the engine hood is for? Won't that really mess up the aerodynamics and essentially act as an air brake?

Does anyone have a clue what that transparent strip of plexiglass attached at a 90 degree angle on the engine hood is for? Won't that really mess up the aerodynamics and essentially act as an air brake?

I'm assuming its NOT meant as some kind of shield (not wind shield, more like bullet shield) :D

Its to make sure that the ppl he hits doesn't come into the car thru the windshield :D (Totally tounge in cheek sarcastic comment)

Its to make sure that the ppl he hits doesn't come into the car thru the windshield :D (Totally tounge in cheek sarcastic comment)

ha ha nice 1 praveen

didn't some1 ask this question b4????? dont think any1 answered at that time either

ha ha nice 1 praveen

didn't some1 ask this question b4????? dont think any1 answered at that time either

ya i asked it befor ein that thread that had a whole lotta nice cop cars.. and ya, there was no reply.... and i'm guessing its a bullet deflector... but still the bullet can fly in above the sheild...