• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Petrol Prices Up From Tonight

needforspeed

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nissan Murano perhaps? And I saw a Cadillac Escalade on the Baseline as I was driving home an hour ago, RHD and red G plates. Anyone familiar with it?

Ah yes thats the one. Couldn't remember the name. :D I've been seeing quite a few hummers on the road as well. Wonder where they're getting there petrol from.. :blink: Maybe the escalade was on a test drive? since the show room is down kirimandala mw. I noticed they got some car there also.. Pontiac perhaps? :unsure:

Followed a Petrol bowser around 6 pm on Duplication Rd ( it ended up heading up Vajira Rd toward colombo) so i'm guessing possibly to supply the IOC shed past Majestic City (but rather late in the evening for delivery ne? :unsure: )

Hmm, maybe it had already done its job? Or would've been sent off late.. :unsure: Btw, do both 90 and 95 go in the same bowser? In different compartments?? Anyone have any idea bout this?

Edited by virensti

i still have few gallons with me we brought for Kru Drags

is there something about having to use Toluene within a certain period of time? :unsure: it can't be stored for too long or something - dunno recall hearing or seeing something like that - no clue, so just wanted to clarify... :huh:

I buy everything from ebay or get them down from the States through someone. The tires you've shown are Pro-Line Badlands for 1/5 vehicles, in particular the rear wheels for the HPI Baja 5 series. Look for Tamiya rally tires/wheels on ebay, because they're the only manufacturer who make 1/10 rally vehicles (the DF-03Ra based models). Some sellers sell individual bits of the kits on ebay, so you should be able to find a set. Here's a picture of what you should be after.

58417_l.jpg

Thanx machan, ill look in ebay

PS - for fuel operated RC where can u find fuel in SL ? also still helicopters are ban in SL ?

here are pics of my heli back in states and is there anyway i can bring this to SL ?

n1663193409_50732_3724.jpg

n1663193409_50743_6614.jpg

n1663193409_50731_3469.jpg

n1663193409_50744_6874.jpg

n1663193409_50746_7406.jpg

is there something about having to use Toluene within a certain period of time? :unsure: it can't be stored for too long or something - dunno recall hearing or seeing something like that - no clue, so just wanted to clarify... :huh:

Thats after u open it, then it will discolor

Seems more and more people are using this stuff now :rolleyes: I'm curious if it yields any real benefit aside from increasing the octane rating of petrol (i.e. it would only suit engines that require an octane rating of 95<)? I'm considering trying it myself, just hope the vendors don't decide to cash in on the recent spike in demand :unsure:

On topic, things did seem to be (more or less) back to normal today, I was able to fill up (95/super D) sans a queue, both times this afternoon.

As for the Escalade, I've seen it around a few times.. shudder to think how it does on gas :mellow: but then nothing beats seeing a Cayenne queuing up for juice (90!!?), being rationed a mega bottles' worth and proceeding to tip it into the tank, for all the world to see! Only wish I could have snapped a pic :D

battery, I'm waiting till mr B4 go to Singapore to get the fuel chassis :D

Nice! Wish they sold those in SL.. :( sigh.. ohh He's going to singapore? Is it by chance to get a certain something down for the Legacy? :rolleyes:

PS - for fuel operated RC where can u find fuel in SL ? also still helicopters are ban in SL ?

here are pics of my heli back in states and is there anyway i can bring this to SL ?

I don't think there's a serious ban on RC helicopters is there? :unsure: Cause some of my friends have tiny RC ones which can go up pretty darn high. Up past a 3 story house roof mind you. Although controlling it is not easy and it sounds/looks like a cockroach flying around.. *shudder*

but then nothing beats seeing a Cayenne queuing up for juice (90!!?), being rationed a mega bottles' worth and proceeding to tip it into the tank, for all the world to see! Only wish I could have snapped a pic :D

i think i saw it as well - last saturday was it :unsure: near police park / Thunmulla - the burgundy coloured one? :huh:

R/C aircraft are banned AFAIK. I know some people who have special permission to fly them inside an Army installation, the only place one is legally allowed to fly them. Land vehicles aren't banned perse, its the radios which are the problem due to the range. You can easily get a kit or a rolling chassis in the mail as long as there are no electronics, customs will just declare them a toy. The guys in HK usually ship kits in plain cardboard boxes without any box art etc., which makes dealing with the customs a lot easier too, just in case you're unlucky enough to be set with a customs "agent" with basic deductive reasoning. As for fuel, nitro fuel is banned for import by Air Freight, more so for pure nitro. I'm an electric person myself, because nitro isn't allowed in my community back home. They're all powered by brushless motors and run either 16.8v or 25.2v systems with Lithium Polymer batteries. They're every bit as fast, if not faster, than Nitros, and quickly becoming the trend in the States these days.

Nice! Wish they sold those in SL.. :( sigh.. ohh He's going to singapore? Is it by chance to get a certain something down for the Legacy? :rolleyes:

his job ne, no machan we don't buy car parts from S'pore, f**kn expensive

how long can you keep it machan - after opening that is? :huh:

after open it not more than few das

R/C aircraft are banned AFAIK. I know some people who have special permission to fly them inside an Army installation, the only place one is legally allowed to fly them. Land vehicles aren't banned perse, its the radios which are the problem due to the range. You can easily get a kit or a rolling chassis in the mail as long as there are no electronics, customs will just declare them a toy. The guys in HK usually ship kits in plain cardboard boxes without any box art etc., which makes dealing with the customs a lot easier too, just in case you're unlucky enough to be set with a customs "agent" with basic deductive reasoning. As for fuel, nitro fuel is banned for import by Air Freight, more so for pure nitro. I'm an electric person myself, because nitro isn't allowed in my community back home. They're all powered by brushless motors and run either 16.8v or 25.2v systems with Lithium Polymer batteries. They're every bit as fast, if not faster, than Nitros, and quickly becoming the trend in the States these days.

Thanx for the info mare, noting like Nitro though :(

Seems more and more people are using this stuff now :rolleyes: I'm curious if it yields any real benefit aside from increasing the octane rating of petrol (i.e. it would only suit engines that require an octane rating of 95<)? I'm considering trying it myself, just hope the vendors don't decide to cash in on the recent spike in demand :unsure:

On topic, things did seem to be (more or less) back to normal today, I was able to fill up (95/super D) sans a queue, both times this afternoon.

As for the Escalade, I've seen it around a few times.. shudder to think how it does on gas :mellow: but then nothing beats seeing a Cayenne queuing up for juice (90!!?), being rationed a mega bottles' worth and proceeding to tip it into the tank, for all the world to see! Only wish I could have snapped a pic :D

I had a neighbour once who would drive his way too modified rat rod on Toluene. The only added benefit was sniffing the rag and getting high afterwards. As for the Cayenne, I bet that mega bottle's worth of fuel just about got him to the next shed.

Edited by terrabytetango

i think i saw it as well - last saturday was it :unsure: near police park / Thunmulla - the burgundy coloured one? :huh:

That's the one :)

Saw a Range Rover a couple days later (that was burgundy as well - weird) in the queue along with a bunch of 3 wheelers :P , the driver was doing his best not to make eye contact with anyone.. don't blame him :P Got me thinking, since this guy was in line to pump 90 as well, surely Cayennes, RR's and the like couldn't possibly stomach 90, could they? They'd be doing way more harm than good, no?

That's the one :)

Saw a Range Rover a couple days later (that was burgundy as well - weird) in the queue along with a bunch of 3 wheelers :P , the driver was doing his best not to make eye contact with anyone.. don't blame him :P Got me thinking, since this guy was in line to pump 90 as well, surely Cayennes, RR's and the like couldn't possibly stomach 90, could they? They'd be doing way more harm than good, no?

I heard that some guys do something or add something to cars like Benz's and all so that they can run 90 OCT instead of 95.. :unsure: Not sure what it is.. Maybe an ECU adjustment? Or an octane booster?

Thanx machan, ill look in ebay

No radio controlled toy/device can be imported to SL.That ban is still there.Dont think that will be lifted soon. :(

MINIACE

R/C aircraft are banned AFAIK. I know some people who have special permission to fly them inside an Army installation, the only place one is legally allowed to fly them.

Only place possible to fly the radio planes is Katukurunda Airfield on Sundays.For that you have to have prior permission from SLAF and got to be a member of the R/C club.Purchase invoice dated before 2006 is a must to register R/C.

MINIACE