• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Modifying Maruti 800 & Alto

Ek3

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who else drive a 2000cc AWD Subaru Legacy RS other than a boy-racer. A down-to-earth person will never buy such a car for their daily running.

really ?? :blink: dont smoke too much of what ever u use ....

hmmmm.... i am not someone who usually flames the fire... but that down to earth comment just cannot be ignored.. dude if u can afford it u should get it.. u only live once.. have u ever seen a proper legacy RS driver/STi driver/ Evo driver challenging u to a race at the lights... NO.... thats coz they are not boy racers... personnaly all the idiots who come to race with me are buggers who drive thier parents car and have convinced them to put a loud exhaust and some fancy bits to the poor family car... shame

so please understand that people have tastes... just because u are down to earth u just dont go and buy a maruti.. its a budget car for people on a strict budget and need four wheels... personally i wouldnt buy one to save my life.. no offense to anyone who uses it...plus i feel with my heavy foot i might break that tiny thing.. because i did manage to break a cherry QQ by over reving that chinese poodle...

hmmmm.... i am not someone who usually flames the fire... but that down to earth comment just cannot be ignored.. dude if u can afford it u should get it.. u only live once.. have u ever seen a proper legacy RS driver/STi driver/ Evo driver challenging u to a race at the lights... NO.... thats coz they are not boy racers... personnaly all the idiots who come to race with me are buggers who drive thier parents car and have convinced them to put a loud exhaust and some fancy bits to the poor family car... shame

so please understand that people have tastes... just because u are down to earth u just dont go and buy a maruti.. its a budget car for people on a strict budget and need four wheels... personally i wouldnt buy one to save my life.. no offense to anyone who uses it...plus i feel with my heavy foot i might break that tiny thing.. because i did manage to break a cherry QQ by over reving that chinese poodle...

charith how much you try to explain this its no use, cus like madz said what those people were tying to do is to market the maruti as a 2nd car, i have seen in another thread they try to market the wagon R,

Tharindu machan...it Means its Electronic control unit is Tuned in such a way that it produces more BHP.

He has taken it to A*W and they have adjusted air,Fuel ratios and Increased injection speed.

Ma friend was telling that after the ECU tuning his car is producing about 5 BHP more.

Im still confused about this ECU tuning, as i know agents pulg their scaners to the cars to check for CEL error codes, but how can agents change AFR and change injecror speeds in stock ECU ?

It won't be long before most of these guys will be driving Kirloskar Toyota Corollas and Shriram Honda Civics. :D

Mokai?

ane bung.. i could go on and on about this and also rebut your comments about subaru owners not being down to earth people etc (our own Sharkster might disagree with that btw, he uses his RS every day), but at the end of the day you appear to have your head buried in Maruti branded Sand, so whats the use? Like i said earlier, this is an enthusiasts forum mate, so we are always going to lean towards the interesting choices in a given price bracket.

Cos at the end of the day, as Charitha19 put it so well... We've only got one life, so might as well live it!

i have seen in another thread they try to market the wagon R,

Since I am a new comer to this AL Forum, I found some old questions left unanswered, which I found I could answer well.

As a Maruti Wagon R owner, I answered one with mentioning Pros and Cons of Wagon R, and another with Prices of second hand Wagon Rs. (Not a comprehensive price list though).

It is sad to note that most guys mistaking this as a marketing practice by A*W.

No, I'm by no way associated with A*W. I'm just another customer of theirs.

While A*W has a fairly good after sales service, their accident repair section is a totally different story.

They did an extremely poor accident repair job for my Wagon R, using casual incompetent labourers. (I remember another person has written to an AL forum about a similar experience with his Alto.)

Further, A*W boasts about their so called '5 year sales record'. They actually owe it to then Maruti Head Mr. Jagadish Katthar who strived to make Maruti Dealers more customer-centric, and also to our SL govt. which imposed heavy import duties on cars with >1500cc.

Finally I would like to state that Maruti owners and even Chery QQ, Tata Indica, Hafei-Micro Trend and Geely owners have the right to participate and express their opinions in Auto Lanka Forums.

It won't be long before most of these guys will be driving Kirloskar Toyota Corollas and Shriram Honda Civics. :D

A*W must be doing really badly for u to try this hard to change the minds of forum members to some cheap indian mentality..

if u wana talk about impratical how about those bloks who drive thier hummers to work and social visits... this is sri lanka.. we are an aspiring nation... not at all like india where price wins over any thing... i like to think sri lankans have much better taste... and which they do...

and by the way.. No way is toyota going to sell to india or honda... and if that happens.. still we will buy the brands that are jappnese or europioin owned...

Since I am a new comer to this AL Forum, I found some old questions left unanswered, which I found I could answer well.

As a Maruti Wagon R owner, I answered one with mentioning Pros and Cons of Wagon R, and another with Prices of second hand Wagon Rs. (Not a comprehensive price list though).

It is sad to note that most guys mistaking this as a marketing practice by A*W.

No, I'm by no way associated with A*W. I'm just another customer of theirs.

While A*W has a fairly good after sales service, their accident repair section is a totally different story.

They did an extremely poor accident repair job for my Wagon R, using casual incompetent labourers. (I remember another person has written to an AL forum about a similar experience with his Alto.)

Further, A*W boasts about their so called '5 year sales record'. They actually owe it to then Maruti Head Mr. Jagadish Katthar who strived to make Maruti Dealers more customer-centric, and also to our SL govt. which imposed heavy import duties on cars with >1500cc.

Finally I would like to state that Maruti owners and even Chery QQ, Tata Indica, Hafei-Micro Trend and Geely owners have the right to participate and express their opinions in Auto Lanka Forums.

by all means man. thats why the gracious guys at autolanka have a section called "specific makes" dont know if maruti, geely is there.. but upon request i am sure you can have ur own communicty there giving advice on those makes...

by all means man. thats why the gracious guys at autolanka have a section called "specific makes" dont know if maruti, geely is there.. but upon request i am sure you can have ur own communicty there giving advice on those makes...

you are right, but what I was trying to say is when someone starts a topic about a Maruti vehicle (excluding Technical matters) others mistake it for a marketing trick.

He may be a rich guy who can maintain a Subaru.

not that i know of, just a relatively regular bloke like the rest of us.... and like MOST of the rest of us, he likes to be able to get some enjoyment out of his car, hence he didnt go for the default choice, but thought outside the box a little.

and Incidentally, have you owned a Legacy RS yourself? if not, how can you be so sure that its impossibly expensive to run and maintain, that only "well heeled boy racers" can afford it?

Im still confused about this ECU tuning, as i know agents pulg their scaners to the cars to check for CEL error codes, but how can agents change AFR and change injecror speeds in stock ECU ?

Lolz... me also having the same confusion :blink:

not that i know of, just a relatively regular bloke like the rest of us.... and like MOST of the rest of us, he likes to be able to get some enjoyment out of his car, hence he didnt go for the default choice, but thought outside the box a little.

and Incidentally, have you owned a Legacy RS yourself? if not, how can you be so sure that its impossibly expensive to run and maintain, that only "well heeled boy racers" can afford it?

Gone are the days of humble Subaru M80s. Nowadays Subarus are tech-laden and positioned as up-market vehicles.

you are right, but what I was trying to say is when someone starts a topic about a Maruti vehicle (excluding Technical matters) others mistake it for a marketing trick.

this might be because people who start maruti threads appear to be under the impression that the only vehicles suited to Sri Lanka are those made by Maruti. Now that is fine in itself, but when they start trying to push that preconception onto others, then everybody else who isnt wearing Maruti branded blinkers starts getting a little irritated.

this might be because people who start maruti threads appear to be under the impression that the only vehicles suited to Sri Lanka are those made by Maruti. Now that is fine in itself, but when they start trying to push that preconception onto others, then everybody else who isnt wearing Maruti branded blinkers starts getting a little irritated.

True. :)

The Honda City is made in India by Honda SIEL Cars Ltd. ( A JV between Honda Japan and Shriram India)

that maybe true but they will never be branded by some indian name.. nor it will get any attention if there is a city still made in japan.. have u seen the price differnce mate of the indian versions and the japanese versions.. have u seen the buld quality and the interiors these things... thaty why we ask japanda indianda...